Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Great deal. This is my favorite driver. That is well below cost.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I'm going to hit the D2 this week again. If I hit it well, I'm going to do a fitting with a Titleist fitter I think.

Hit the 910D2 last week along with the Nike VR Pro Limited Edition. The Nike sure was pretty. But, we couldn't find a shaft to work for me. The D2 however was just money in the bank. We tinkered with a couple of shafts and settled on the Ahina Stiff, in the 9.5 with a B1 setting. I loved that lack of draw/fade. Everything was just straight. So, my pulls or pushes were not too far offline. Whereas my 905S missed would be pull-draws or push-fades. The launch monitor was down. So, I don't know my numbers. When the weather clears up, I hope to hit it again on the LM, then take it to the course for a test drive. But, based on that first fitting, it won't be long before a new driver is in my bag for the first time in about 4 years.

Hit the 910D2 last week along with the Nike VR Pro Limited Edition. The Nike sure was pretty. But, we couldn't find a shaft to work for me. The D2 however was just money in the bank. We tinkered with a couple of shafts and settled on the Ahina Stiff, in the 9.5 with a B1 setting. I loved that lack of draw/fade. Everything was just straight. So, my pulls or pushes were not too far offline. Whereas my 905S missed would be pull-draws or push-fades. The launch monitor was down. So, I don't know my numbers. When the weather clears up, I hope to hit it again on the LM, then take it to the course for a test drive. But, based on that first fitting, it won't be long before a new driver is in my bag for the first time in about 4 years.

Good for you :clapp:. I like my driver so much I almost did my Morgan Cup video with it and KellyBo reminded me that Titliest was not a sponsoring company :bulgy-eyes:

Good for you :clapp:. I like my driver so much I almost did my Morgan Cup video with it and KellyBo reminded me that Titliest was not a sponsoring company :bulgy-eyes:

haha OG that video was hilarious man. Your face when you realized you had the D2 in your hand was priceless. So far my D2 is still 110% safe in my bag especially after my first session with the Black today, horrible lol.

Still loving my D2. Just need to get more reps with it. I think I am going to change out the stock grip though.

Still loving my D2. Just need to get more reps with it. I think I am going to change out the stock grip though.

That is a MUST on every club for me, it makes a huge difference in the way I hit it. Stock little grips just dont work for me at all.

That is a MUST on every club for me, it makes a huge difference in the way I hit it. Stock little grips just dont work for me at all.

Which grip are you using with it?

That's funny. Here I am typing how sweet the D2 was and in my video I was burning some Titleist stuff. Quite the conundrum.

I actually like the stock grip on mine. It's a nice change from my iron grips(multi-compound golf pride)

Ditto about the stock grip. I have mid size I in all my other clubs but have no issue with the stock titleist offering

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

first on course outing today and hit 67% of fairways with the D2.

2 proper misses, and the rest first cut rough so pretty pleased.

if i could just putt a bit better i would be scoring great.

hit the D2 and the D3 this weekend.

Hit the D3 with the RIP shaft, oh my, you could feel the low penetrating ball flight.
Hit the D2 with the Alina, solid contact higher ball flight. Wanted to try the RIP in the D2, but they were too busy to help me.

Love how I hit the D3 and the lower spin numbers, but I need the forgiveness of the D2 thanks to my non-awesome swing.

If I can find a good deal on a D2 with the RIP, might have to snatch it up

Let us (ME) know if you do:clap:

I am thinking the same..

Hit the D3 with the RIP shaft, oh my, you could feel the low penetrating ball flight.
Hit the D2 with the Alina, solid contact higher ball flight. Wanted to try the RIP in the D2, but they were too busy to help me.

Love how I hit the D3 and the lower spin numbers, but I need the forgiveness of the D2 thanks to my non-awesome swing.

Good luck buddy and I hope you find a great bargain!

Imagine being a lefty wanting that shaft with the right head. It's a great combo!

I also had the Burner 2.0 driver and switched to the D2 w/ RIP shaft. Best equipment change I've ever made!!

I also had the Burner 2.0 driver and switched to the D2 w/ RIP shaft. Best equipment change I've ever made!!

glad to hear! No golf til March, so plenty of time to scour the net for a deal!

My ball flight with any driver has always been loooow I'm talking couldn't break 10* if I teed the ball sky high and went after it!

So when I went to purchase my D2 the Titleist representative that fit me for the club cranked the loft all the way up to 12° when he saw the ball flight I was getting originally. That definitely got my ball flight up but added way too much spin to the ball and caused some ballooning issues. The fitter decided that we needed to keep the loft at 12° to maintain a good launch angle for me and after trying several shafts the project X performed the best as far as maintaining a low enough spin and proper launch angle. He also had the shaft cut down to 44" for me which is a half inch longer than I have been playing, but he says that he sees no dispersion issues and a little distance increase for me with the 44".

Just a fun story I had regarding the crazy anomalies of club fitting. As far as my drives now. High, fairly straight, and a bit longer. Funny when people ask me about my driver and I tell them it's at 12*. They just look at me very condescendingly and tell me that I am playing way to much loft in my driver for as long as I hit the ball. This is usually followed by some jokes about chicks and elderly playing high lofted drivers. I just laugh and tell them that maybe I'll try out their advise. What I would like to tell them is that once they knock a few past me with their super low launch shaft that looks cool paired with an 8.5* driver head then they can offer some advice on what loft I should be playing in my driver.

Anybody else have any stories about how the Sure-Fit has helped their tee game?

I can't answer that directly but my driver is too low as well - it is a 9.0 Draw bias TM
I am trying the D2's in the store and almost all of them are - 9 or 9.5 heads
How much can you "crank it up"??
what is stamped on your head?
Thanks
(& Yes I need to see a fitter too)

I would laugh if these people then hit worm burner after worm burner because they couldn't launch the ball with their 'properly lofted' drivers.

I want to try this club again!

My ball flight with any driver has always been loooow I'm talking couldn't break 10* if I teed the ball sky high and went after it!

So when I went to purchase my D2 the Titleist representative that fit me for the club cranked the loft all the way up to 12° when he saw the ball flight I was getting originally. That definitely got my ball flight up but added way too much spin to the ball and caused some ballooning issues. The fitter decided that we needed to keep the loft at 12° to maintain a good launch angle for me and after trying several shafts the project X performed the best as far as maintaining a low enough spin and proper launch angle. He also had the shaft cut down to 44" for me which is a half inch longer than I have been playing, but he says that he sees no dispersion issues and a little distance increase for me with the 44".

Just a fun story I had regarding the crazy anomalies of club fitting. As far as my drives now. High, fairly straight, and a bit longer. Funny when people ask me about my driver and I tell them it's at 12*. They just look at me very condescendingly and tell me that I am playing way to much loft in my driver for as long as I hit the ball. This is usually followed by some jokes about chicks and elderly playing high lofted drivers. I just laugh and tell them that maybe I'll try out their advise. What I would like to tell them is that once they knock a few past me with their super low launch shaft that looks cool paired with an 8.5* driver head then they can offer some advice on what loft I should be playing in my driver.

Anybody else have any stories about how the Sure-Fit has helped their tee game?

The SureFit hosel allows .75 degree increments. So essentially the 9.5 can play to 8*- 8.75*- 9.5*- 10.25*- 11*. If you can get you 9* airborne decent then I would imagine that the 10.25 or 11 degree settings will be sufficient for you. Also Titleist has three Diamanas to coose from
Ilima: high launch
Kaili: mid launch
Ahina: low launch

Also Project X: mid launch w/lower spin than the Kaili mid launch.

And Aldila RIP: low/mid launch.

Make sure to pick a shaft that meets your needs/swing. Or better yet, drive some where to get some numbers!

What's a few hour drive to get the head/shaft combo that you actually want as opposed to dropping cash on whatever you can get your hands on. Only to be disappointed and then want to get a different driver.

Edit: after reading your post a second time I see that you said you wanted to see a fitter.

Last edited:
Thanks Colt, that is great info on the shafts - I will print it before I go in again - basically I have just been screwing around in the golf shop and the D2 keeps bringing me back - yes lots of shaft options - I may get fitted for Christmas so I am waiting to see!

Back