"Yes We Can" - Do You Believe In It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non politically (like that could happen) - I suspect he may mirror a lot of FDR's work. You know, government programs to get people working, with focus on internal infrastructure - anyone agree?

ummmmm.... no

we actually paid people to dig holes, then fill them back up... ie government waste

The last thing we need is more unionized goverment workers

It's been awhile since Am Hist for me, but I'm still pretty sure the TVA workers weren't union.

I'm just thinking that might be the "change" we will see - Yo-bama talked a lot about energy programs and such. My 2 cents.

It's been awhile since Am Hist for me, but I'm still pretty sure the TVA workers weren't union.

I'm just thinking that might be the "change" we will see - Yo-bama talked a lot about energy programs and such. My 2 cents.

I am not saying they were... but if we increase the government now they certainly would be unionized and hence harder to destroy the positions in the long run

It was just a thought, I really didn't want to debate. Was more interested in what folks thought we might see.

Oh, of course it'll have nothing to do with Obama. We all know that the economy has nothing to do with the confidence we have in our president. :D
interesting that you brough this up... today is one of the worst trading days of the year... that's some confidence coming from Wall Street for yah Barack

You can live in hate and negativity. Doesn't affect me one bit. The fact is Obama is your President and you'll complain about him no matter what.

The question you posed to start this thread was whether or not we believe in Obama. As it turns out you had an agenda and that was to pretty much disagree with anyone who said "yes". I mean look at some of your comments:

"I work across the street from the Boston Housing Commission... people are jumping for joy today! Yes, I'm so glad I can support more free housing for lazy people! "

Your ignorance is sad.

We understand everyone has strong opinions but we want to make sure we don't get too out of control here. Everyone's opinion is appreciated and lets remember it is just that, an individual opinion. We just want to make sure this thread doesn't get out of hand.

We understand everyone has strong opinions but we want to make sure we don't get too out of control here. Everyone's opinion is appreciated and lets remember it is just that, an individual opinion. We just want to make sure this thread doesn't get out of hand.

I suspect it won't - we're all big kids, and friendly here. :smile:

As for the president, he was elected, now moving on. If you want change (different from his change) - then be it. You can grab some friends and go ahead and do something. That's the cool thing about it.

Well said on the last few posts...

Thank ya, I agree.

Hey, anyone see the inauguration - was it interesting? I was home too late to catch it, looks like all that's on now is the aftermath. It better have been cool, with all the hype!

And anyone know when U2 is playing? :angel:

Thank ya, I agree.

Hey, anyone see the inauguration - was it interesting? I was home too late to catch it, looks like all that's on now is the aftermath. It better have been cool, with all the hype!

... I apologize, it can be easy to get carried away.

typical ceremony... makes you feel like you're watching a movie.

Thank ya, I agree.

I saw as much as I could via the web. The stream didn't work to well on these computers at work, but I was able to view most of Obama's speech.

U2 played on Sunday. It was broadcasted on HBO. I can probably get the clip for you on YouTube if you'd like. Are you a big U2 fan?

:act-up:

U2 played on Sunday. It was broadcasted on HBO. I can probably get the clip for you on YouTube if you'd like. Are you a big U2 fan?

:act-up:

A little bit...:wink:

mwhd1.jpg

Me with "U2". (OK, so it's not really U2, but pretty close!)

What'd they play?

I just realized what the problem has been lately. Our last 4 presidents have been lefty's. That's what's wrong with this country. The guy running the joint is using the wrong side of his brain. :laugh:

Spoiler
Just trying to ease the tension.

mwhd1.jpg

What'd they play?

How many beers in were you? :wink: :tongue:

I just realized what the problem has been lately. Our last 4 presidents have been lefty's. That's what's wrong with this country. The guy running the joint is using the wrong side of his brain. :laugh:

Spoiler
Just trying to ease the tension.

Good thing they don't belong to THP. They'd be upset because all the clubs in the contests are for righties.

Yeah, I think that's the only reason eck hasn't joined yet. LOL!

I think he told me he was waiting until golf season. I tried to entice him with the contests but he still hasn't shown up. I'm sure he will though.

mwhd1.jpg

What'd they play?

Nice!

They played "In the Name of Love" and "City of Blinding Lights". They sounded great!

Did anyone see the article titled "Promise Keeper?"... it was about how many campaign promisies BHO made along the way. It was somewhere along the lines of 530 give or take... over 3x the amount of any other presidential candidate in history.

Did anyone see the article titled "Promise Keeper?"... it was about how many campaign promisies BHO made along the way. It was somewhere along the lines of 530 give or take... over 3x the amount of any other presidential candidate in history.

I didnt see that but I'd be interested in catching that for sure...

two biggest ones that people fall for...

1) health care - haha GOOD LUCK! let's not forget who lined BHO and McCain's pockets during the election... pharmaseutical corporations? no.... say it ain't so!

2.) job creation - HAHA! this is the best one of all... I'd like to hear how he actually thinks he can stimulate the private sector enough for them to create jobs. Clinton rode the wave of the dot com boom... Bush didn't have the same luck as he inherited a fluttering economy that started to unwind under Clinton... no idea what Barack will face

well, im hoping he does good. but do i buy into all the hype? nope. not at all.

I did not vote for him. I will give him a chance (that is until my taxes are raised). I really don't see "change" happening anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back