I love you guys. <sniff>

I'm definitely a Rum and Scotch guy. I occasionally will entertain a Sapphire and Tonic (double lime) on occasion and sometimes bourbon, but pretty much stick to rum and scotch.

I remember when I made the jump from Capt. to Sailor Jerry's ... My local switched up during a promotion and after a nice Sunday breakfast and first half of Sunday football, I switched to Sailor Jerry and Coke (with a lime) ...and by the time the afternoon games ended I was dizzy. Happy, but dizzy.

I've even gone so far to make a rum-based caramel with sprinkles of sea salt. Frakin' amazing if I do say so myself. And I Do. :)

I love you guys. <sniff>

I'm definitely a Rum and Scotch guy. I occasionally will entertain a Sapphire and Tonic (double lime) on occasion and sometimes bourbon, but pretty much stick to rum and scotch.

I remember when I made the jump from Capt. to Sailor Jerry's ... My local switched up during a promotion and after a nice Sunday breakfast and first half of Sunday football, I switched to Sailor Jerry and Coke (with a lime) ...and by the time the afternoon games ended I was dizzy. Happy, but dizzy.

I've even gone so far to make a rum-based caramel with sprinkles of sea salt. Frakin' amazing if I do say so myself. And I Do. :)

Well played sir I would like to try your sprinkles one day! Sailor Jerry's will sneak up on you if you're not careful, it has a little extra kick to it over other rums. If I mix it with pop then I mix it with sprite, its so freaking good it should be illegal.

The wife and I have been on a rum kick for a while. Our favorite ( ever since our visit to Puerto Rico last year ) is Don Q Cristal. Goes great in a Cuba, or our current fav, rum and grapefruit with squeeze of lime and a splash if cranberry.

I get down with the Captain on a daily basis and bust out the 26yr old Appleton Rum during the holidays with my Egg Nog

yummmmmm Rum meet nog, nog meet rum!

IMG-20111113-00133.jpg
I like egg nog. I like Captain Morgan. I think they would play nice together. You go with 75/25 Nog/Rum or more like 60/40?

I like egg nog. I like Captain Morgan. I think they would play nice together. You go with 75/25 Nog/Rum or more like 60/40?

The gentle blend of strong enough to work it's magic, yet not overpowering in alcoholic taste. The best drinks sneak up on you. Egg nog is tough, cause you can't drink a lot of it or you'll really regret it.

I'm not big on mixed drinks, I like my booze straight. Ron Zacapa makes great rums. The 23 year old is very good and the XO (a blend of 23 and 25 year olds) is excellent.

The gentle blend of strong enough to work it's magic, yet not overpowering in alcoholic taste. The best drinks sneak up on you. Egg nog is tough, cause you can't drink a lot of it or you'll really regret it.

This is what I do, I would say its, aboot 25-30% rum to nog.

Myer's with tonic and lime
Mt Gay Eclipse with tonic or soda or pineapple
Trader Vic's dark with V8 Fusion mango
Bacardi silver with Coke Zero

All good when the situation calls.

That sounds about what I do as well. Not many liquors you can go 50/50 with and really like the taste or results.

Fiance likes some Capt Barbarossa Pineapple Coconut rum and pineapple juice. That's probably one liquor you can go stupid strong with and still not be able to taste it. Complete silent killer. Doesn't just sneak up on you, it freakin tackles you to the ground if you're not paying attention.

Fiance likes some Capt Barbarossa Pineapple Coconut rum and pineapple juice. That's probably one liquor you can go stupid strong with and still not be able to taste it. Complete silent killer. Doesn't just sneak up on you, it freakin tackles you to the ground if you're not paying attention.

How could I forget....

Malibu rum float on just about anything that has Bacardi in it....or even a Malibu and Coke Zero for a start of the evening or end of the night wind down.

Flor De Cana is wonderful.

I picked up a bottle of Amrut Old Port dark rum today and I am really impressed!
It is a bit of a sweeter rum with a finishing of caramel and butter. It's super smooth and has an amazing colour to it. For $24, it's cheaper than Appleton Estates, and a few other mainstream rums, and definitely more pleasing to drink.

I am a big fan of the Sailer Jerry. I feel the taste is way superior to Cpt. and the price is very resonable to.

Rum is my drink of choice as well. I'm pretty predictable though... The Captain never fails!

I used to drink Captain and Coke's all the time in college. Now and again I'll have them, or more recently Captain and Gingerale (call em 'Too Goods'). I have never tried egg nog before, even by itself - but I figure maybe it's about time. Something tells me I may not like it though... Never could come around to trying it before. But who knows!

I used to drink Captain and Coke's all the time in college. Now and again I'll have them, or more recently Captain and Gingerale (call em 'Too Goods'). I have never tried egg nog before, even by itself - but I figure maybe it's about time. Something tells me I may not like it though... Never could come around to trying it before. But who knows!

I'm with you. I tried it for the first time last year and it was just too much.
Something about a drink that roughly translates to "chicken milk" from its french name.

Is a spiced rum what you should use for eggnog? Liz brought home Bacardi and I don't like at all, lol. A little is ok, but at the 30% point al you can taste is the Bacardi.

Having some Sailor Jerry right now, its good stuff.

I used to drink vodka, but I've been on a rum kick since I got back from Maui (last January!). Pyrat 1623 is pretty nice but I actually prefer the XXX version instead.

I have my own drink based on a Blue Hawaiian. I call it Valerie's Maui Seawater.

-1/4 glass of Malibu
-1/4 glass of Pyrat
-1/4 glass of Bacardi 151
-splash of Cointreau
-splash of Blue Caoco
-splash organic pineapple jiuce
-splash of organic lime juice
-splash organic orange juice
-maraschino cherry with the stem on

I used to drink vodka, but I've been on a rum kick since I got back from Maui (last January!). Pyrat 1623 is pretty nice but I actually prefer the XXX version instead.

I have my own drink based on a Blue Hawaiian. I call it Valerie's Maui Seawater.

-1/4 glass of Malibu
-1/4 glass of Pyrat
-1/4 glass of Bacardi 151
-splash of Cointreau
-splash of Blue Caoco
-splash organic pineapple jiuce
-splash of organic lime juice
-splash organic orange juice
-maraschino cherry with the stem on

How much is the XXX version?

Your drink sounds pretty good for a hot day.. maybe next summer!

my rum of choice is the wray and nephews white overproof rum. I love that stuff. I can't get it where I live so I tend to go for the appleton, or kraken. but man I wish I could get the wray and nephews here.

Screech and Coke is a decent rum drink
Old Sam and any cheap black soda is good
Smuggler's Cove dark and coke is good
Some of my buddies swear by Lamb's white
The only rum I drink these days is Morgan spiced and Nog
or George Street and Nog, the George Street is a lot like liquid
fruit cake.
Someone was telling me to try spiced rum and root beer, but
haven't been able to get around to it, doesn't sound the greatest.
I have been sticking to Whiskey and water such
as Canadian Club, Wiser's Deluxe or Forty Creek.
Cheers
Pea

I'm not big on mixed drinks, I like my booze straight. Ron Zacapa makes great rums. The 23 year old is very good and the XO (a blend of 23 and 25 year olds) is excellent.

While I like mixed drinks I also like my rum straight and agree on the Zacapa. I also dig Cruzan Single Barrel Reserve, but I have St. Croix ties through my wife's family so I may be nostalgic.

drinking Barcardi gold tonight with my rum and diet.

I used to really prefer the white, but recently changed I guess. Lovin' the gold now.

Back