NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Avs fan I like the new alignment, I think it makes the regional rivalries a lot easier to follow. I'll wait to pass final judgement once I see the final playoff structure.

I love the new alignment. The Atlantic division is stacked. So good. Except for NJ and Carolina... Lol.

I find it weird that Buffalo was left out of the New York/New Jersey grouping of teams.

The western conference is also going to nasty. Vancouver, LA and San Jose are awesome now, if Anahiem ever clicks they're dangerous to. Edmonton and the Avs are going to be nasty in the future as well. The only duds behind Calgary and Phoenix. Though I do notice that there's a open spot in the east should Phoenix go to Quebec in the future.

That was a rivalry thing, with Toronto.
I find it weird that Buffalo was left out of the New York/New Jersey grouping of teams.

The western conference is also going to nasty. Vancouver, LA and San Jose are awesome now, if Anahiem ever clicks they're dangerous to. Edmonton and the Avs are going to be nasty in the future as well. The only duds behind Calgary and Phoenix. Though I do notice that there's a open spot in the east should Phoenix go to Quebec in the future.

Yeah the Western Conference will be great as well. This new system should be great!

i think im gonna like this more after re looking at it today! does anyone think the teams with the 8 team divisions are gonna think its unfair cause they have to beat out more teams to be in the top 4 to make the playoffs?

No. Each team plays the same amount of hockey games. to get a specific amount of points. If it were so, then there would be no divisions and just the top 16 would qualify for the playoffs.

i think im gonna like this more after re looking at it today! does anyone think the teams with the 8 team divisions are gonna think its unfair cause they have to beat out more teams to be in the top 4 to make the playoffs?

No. Each team plays the same amount of hockey games. to get a specific amount of points. If it were so, then there would be no divisions and just the top 16 would qualify for the playoffs.

i know they play the same amount of games but i read they are taking the top 4 teams from each division for the playoffs so some divisions you have a 4 in 7 chance of making the playoffs and the other have a 4 in 8 chance of making the playoffs. unless they are doing a wildcard system but from what i read it was just the top 4 teams in each of the divisions. So you would have to beat out one more team in some divisions than other divisions.... that being said i think they opened up easily adding 2 more expansion teams in the future if they wanted to do that.

No, it is indeed a 4 of 7 and 4 of 8. But in the end you play your conference a bunch, and play 2 games against everyone else, so you still need to be a great team and win hockey games to make the playoffs.

They arent picking 3 of 7 and 4 of 8, theyre taking 4 of 7 and 4 of 8. The top 4 goal should never change, regardless of who is beneath you.

i know they play the same amount of games but i read they are taking the top 4 teams from each division for the playoffs so some divisions you have a 4 in 7 chance of making the playoffs and the other have a 4 in 8 chance of making the playoffs. unless they are doing a wildcard system but from what i read it was just the top 4 teams in each of the divisions. So you would have to beat out one more team in some divisions than other divisions.... that being said i think they opened up easily adding 2 more expansion teams in the future if they wanted to do that.

No, it is indeed a 4 of 7 and 4 of 8. But in the end you play your conference a bunch, and play 2 games against everyone else, so you still need to be a great team and win hockey games to make the playoffs.

They arent picking 3 of 7 and 4 of 8, theyre taking 4 of 7 and 4 of 8. The top 4 goal should never change, regardless of who is beneath you.

yeah i get that, just saying you have a higher chance of making the playoffs if your in a conference that only has 7 teams compared to 8 teams. i know its not much but you still have to beat out one other team to make the playoffs compared to the 7 team divisions. i mean some of the divisions are gonna be tight looking at how good some of the teams are.

i love that your gonna play a home and away game against every team and more conference games.

As a Ranger fan, not too happy to get Washington

Now you can lose to the Caps and the Pens. At least you gain Carolina. And keep NJ and NYI. They all stink,

Not sure how I feel like the new realignment. I feel like there are still a lot of flaws in it, such as the uneven number in the two Eastern conferences.

Stars off the West Coast..........finally!!!! I approve even if we have to face the Red Wings more now.

Personally what I liked was the fact that Dion didn't have four guys trying to punch him. Too many times these days players lay a clean hit and then get ambushed.

yeah guess thats why they have the instigating penalty and they have been calling it more in lately

Personally what I liked was the fact that Dion didn't have four guys trying to punch him. Too many times these days players lay a clean hit and then get ambushed.

Great hit by Dion. The reason he didn't get hit back was because he disn't hit one of the other team's best players. If he had, they would've gone after him.

Yeah I agree. Arron Ward touched on the subject during the second intermission of the Ottawa/Washington game and called it "bush league" that there are so many guys being mauled after a clean hit.

I'm going to the Wisconsin vs. Minnestoa-Duluth game on Friday. I am really excited for it.

I know this is the NHL thread, but I thought that any hockey talk would be welcome.

All hockey talk is welcome. It appears that we are a very small group who enjoys talking about hockey haha feel free to join.

We may have the CHL here for jr hockey, but I must say I would really like to see a NCAA game sometime. Great hockey, more my style. More mature hockey where defense is generally the prime focus.

Though getting to watch Nathan MacKinnon here in Halifax is pretty amazing, the kid is going to be a very special player in the NHl someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRIDRBgQAfw&feature=related

O
nly 16 playing in a mostly 18-19 aged league.

Yeah I agree. Arron Ward touched on the subject during the second intermission of the Ottawa/Washington game and called it "bush league" that there are so many guys being mauled after a clean hit.

I disagree with that. I'm a Pens fan, and if someone goes after Crosby, I want them dead. Enforcers are there for a reason. Pretty much every Pens player would probably step in to protect Sid. And rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back