Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

I find that I'm drawn to how clean the cavity is.

I believe all the guys did. I really like them a lot, which is funny because I had no desire to go to a smaller profile iron. I then played with the J40 DPC irons and found them to be just that good. When I made the switch to these at the range, they really blew me away in a similar fashion.

this surprises me just based on looks alone. I believe you 100%, they just look slim and workable

I find that I'm drawn to how clean the cavity is.

I'm with you TC, I think these might be the best looking iron I've seen in a while, and I was hoping for Nerfny's wife and Yorkem's partner to have some input for us. If I'm lucky enough to be a Cleveland staffer, these beauties would be high on my list, if not the entire list.

I agree about the clean cavity. Having gotten so used to a smaller profiled iron I am drawn to these as they also offer that forgiveness that you may not typically see in a smaller profiled head.

Tappin' from my iPad!

So, these perform similarly to the DPC's for you?

Each iron offers some lateral forgiveness in a uniquely small package. I wont say they have the same feel or sound, but I was hitting both well and the performance on either set was very good.

this surprises me just based on looks alone. I believe you 100%, they just look slim and workable

They are pretty slim, but not as bad as some of the recent blades I have tried. I believe you have hit the TM MC irons and I would think forgivness is comparable to me.

Each iron offers some lateral forgiveness in a uniquely small package. I wont say they have the same feel or sound, but I was hitting both well and the performance on either set was very good.

They are pretty slim, but not as bad as some of the recent blades I have tried. I believe you have hit the TM MC irons and I would think forgivness is comparable to me.

Got ya! I have hit them, but didnt love them. I hope these feel better than the MC's.

on another note....what if they make these customizeable?!? food for thought Cleveland

Thanks for your thoughts JB. Am I correct in thinking that it's these, the MB's, and the Blacks for iron offerings in 2012? I like the idea of these irons a lot but I sure am liking what irons like the R11's have to offer for me.

Thanks for your thoughts JB. Am I correct in thinking that it's these, the MB's, and the Blacks for iron offerings in 2012? I like the idea of these irons a lot but I sure am liking what irons like the R11's have to offer for me.

The Black line is part of late 2011 and will be carried over into 2012 of course.
The Mashie line is a 2012 line.
The 588 line is a 2012 line.
Then the CG16 line will be carried over like they have with their previous lines.
They still will have the HB irons as well.

I really liked these. Very nice feel to them. I would compare these to the Splits in the Pro Combos and they are just as good as those. I liked them better than the DPCs.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

These irons are absolutely, ridiculously beautiful. I shall call them "Schmoopie" and they will be mine.

Alex

The Black line is part of late 2011 and will be carried over into 2012 of course.
The Mashie line is a 2012 line.
The 588 line is a 2012 line.
Then the CG16 line will be carried over like they have with their previous lines.
They still will have the HB irons as well.

THanks for that information. Quite a few lines that I didn't even think of.

I really liked these. Very nice feel to them. I would compare these to the Splits in the Pro Combos and they are just as good as those. I liked them better than the DPCs.

Any major concerns or cons about them?

This has me pondering. I have only heard good things about the DPC's.

THanks for that information. Quite a few lines that I didn't even think of.

Any major concerns or cons about them?

Same concerns I would have with say the PCs I have now. If I'm striking the ball well I would have no concerns. These irons frame the Ball very well and inspire confidence. Well struck shots are amazing in terms of feel.

It would be the off days that my concerns would creep in. I want just a little more distance and a little more forgiveness. I would need to hit these more to better talk about the forgiveness of these irons. Definitely was some distance loss.

I hit these very well though. I was coming in a little steep prior to hitting these and yet I picked this iron up and just started striping the ball. I think the leading edge is quite nice for a digger

Same concerns I would have with say the PCs I have now. If I'm striking the ball well I would have no concerns. These irons frame the Ball very well and inspire confidence. Well struck shots are amazing in terms of feel.

It would be the off days that my concerns would creep in. I want just a little more distance and a little more forgiveness. I would need to hit these more to better talk about the forgiveness of these irons. Definitely was some distance loss.

I hit these very well though. I was coming in a little steep prior to hitting these and yet I picked this iron up and just started striping the ball. I think the leading edge is quite nice for a digger

Chunky - would you say these are pretty comparable to the splits in the VR Pro's?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Interesting thoughts on the leading edge buddy. I really think these just look like a nice throwback. With all these MC announcements lately I'm starting to get into full on equipment ponder mode. I think these would be high on my list if I were a Cleveland staffer.

Chunky - would you say these are pretty comparable to the splits in the VR Pro's?

Tappin' from my iPad!

That is the exact iron I would compare it to Cookie.

What did you like better about these over the DPC's, Chunky?

That is the exact iron I would compare it to Cookie.

Thanks, they look fairly similar. As you, I think I still want a tad bit more forgiveness on those off days.

Tappin' from my iPad!

What did you like better about these over the DPC's, Chunky?

I would say they are pretty close to each other. Forgiveness is pretty equal. Push comes to shove I would say I liked the feel of the 588s over the DPCs but it was close. In all honesty I think it was the leading edge on these that made them better for me. I just hit these better

Right on. Thanks buddy.

Did anyone hit these last weekend? I kind of am giddy about them. The more that I look at them, the more I want to try them out.

Did hit these on the range. Really enjoyed the feel and feedback you get from them. They weren't my favorite out there, even though they are extremely good looking. I know Chunky liked them more than I did. I preferred the DPC's, but in fairness I did game the DPCs for a round so I had more swings with them.

Did hit these on the range. Really enjoyed the feel and feedback you get from them. They weren't my favorite out there, even though they are extremely good looking. I know Chunky liked them more than I did. I preferred the DPC's, but in fairness I did game the DPCs for a round so I had more swings with them.

Yeah, a whole round with a set definitely gives them an advantage. How do these compare to your MC's?

I thought they were pretty similar. Sharp leading edge, small cavity that gives some forgiveness. Well struck shots feel fantastic, other shots not as much. For a good ball striker like you, these could be right up your ally.

It is great to hear that Chunky is a fan of these. They look amazing, but inwas worried that they might be more than I could handle, but hearing his thoughts has made me even more excited than I already was about these.

I thought they were pretty similar. Sharp leading edge, small cavity that gives some forgiveness. Well struck shots feel fantastic, other shots not as much. For a good ball striker like you, these could be right up your ally.

So these don't get the shovel brother stamp of approval? I thought you hit the MC's well. Thanks for the feedback for sure though. Which looks better to you: these or the W/S V2's?

Back