Spray tan or tanning booth

99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
Leaving for mexico in 35 days considering either as a opption never have done this but last time we went blistered shoulders was not fun.So yes this time iam going to be more diagent with the spf but would also like to have some color. Has anyone done either of these NOT SURE ON THIS????
green-wig-umpa-lumpa-oompa-loompa.jpg

Personally I have done neither but I would go tanning booth over the paint on type, I believe it would look much more natural. Someone else may have experience and chime it.

You could just wear a nice sunscreen lotion. Avoid looking orange and not get skin cancer at the same time!

I'd go tanning booth, I went down on vacation in Florida last year ( not the same as Mexico but a lot more sun than the winter in Canada!!) and I had no issues!

You could just wear a nice sunscreen lotion. Avoid looking orange and not get skin cancer at the same time!

Listen to the smart gentleman in the suit. Tanning booths are like the worst thing you can do to your skin, and spray tans look stupid. Use a lot of sunscreen.

YES agree. but if i go with what i have now i will look like casper...

It has nothing to do with looking like Casper, just 5-6 sessions will help your skin prepare a bit for the extra sun. The objective isn't to look like you live in South Beach.

If you must, a spray tan is safer, but it isn't natural looking. Subjecting your skin to massive amounts of uv in order to get a quick tan is not a good idea, in my opinion.
YES agree. but if i go with what i have now i will look like casper...

It has nothing to do with looking like Casper, just 5-6 sessions will help your skin prepare a bit for the extra sun. The objective isn't to look like you live in South Beach.

Ha!! I live 15 minutes from South Beach and I used to do the tanning booths mid week. Talk about dumb things we do in our early 20's.

99, if you really want to do this then I'd recommend a stand up tanning booth. Start easy tho because you don't want to come out red instead of tan.

Another vote for neither! There is a reason tanning booths are being banned for people under 18, and I'd rather look like casper then a carrot.

Accept your pasty disposition!

I tan maybe once to twice week. i usually use a lay down style bed, but if you dont go often or are just looking to get alittle base tan i would recommend using a stand up style bed. its more even and probably a little safer. Also i would get a lotion as well. Ask the person behind the counter what they would recommend, it will darken you some and protect your skin some as well.

Getting a spray tan would be pointless, it will not stop you from getting burned. I have never been, and will never go to a tanning bed, but I can see why you would not want to spend your entire trip burned or covered in spf 50 glue/sunscreen.

Talk to the girls at the front desk, they will know how to ease you into it without getting burnt to a crisp. Don't just go in and jump in a bed for 15 minutes, it won't be pretty. My GF in college worked at one, I used to see some hilarious sights.

If you are looking for a little tan to ease your skin into the Mexico sun exposure, I would go with the tanning booth. If that is what you are looking for, then the spray tan will not do that for you. You will want to wear plenty of sunscreen down there either way you go.

Thanks guys talked with someone at one of these places today they have booths,beds and the spray tan which is what me and wifey are thinking on doing 3 sessions spray tans were you start light and go as dark or as light as you want lasts a week for the color then once in mexico keep up with spf 50...
tanning-big-200x294.jpg

If you must, a spray tan is safer, but it isn't natural looking. Subjecting your skin to massive amounts of uv in order to get a quick tan is not a good idea, in my opinion.

Another vote for neither! There is a reason tanning booths are being banned for people under 18, and I'd rather look like casper then a carrot.

Which is more important to you, your health or your appearance? We didn't know any better back in the 50's and 60's about the dangers of UV rays but that is no excuse now. In the past year I have had 5 precancerous lesions frozen off my ears and arms and average 2-3 per year. Also, I am constantly on the lookout for melanoma since a couple of cousins have died.

I havent read any of this thread but Im going to just LOL

Hahaha this thread rocks!

Sent from my forged iPad

Wear a sock if you get in the tanning both! And not on your feet. :bulgy-eyes:

I had a professional spray tan once and it looked very natural. The kind out of the can are not so good although I've been known to spray my white feet on occasion. Nothing like a golfer's tan with high heels. :)

My wife has some pics of me from when we were in St. Lucia, but I cant share those on a PG site. I can say I was burnt and hurting bad, the worst ever.

I agree!

late_night_with_conan_o_brien_20574.jpg

Upon receiving education/training in the field of molecular biology, I learned that the intense UV light from small tanning bed lamps is very useful in the laboratory when one wishes to induce mutations to intracellular DNA known as thymine kinks. This is done to prevent the DNA from functioning as it normally would. It was upon this discovery that I became convinced that tanning bed lamps are definitely not good for you.

And the hammer of truth has come down. Awesome post.
Upon receiving education/training in the field of molecular biology, I learned that the intense UV light from small tanning bed lamps is very useful in the laboratory when one wishes to induce mutations to intracellular DNA known as thymine kinks. This is done to prevent the DNA from functioning as it normally would. It was upon this discovery that I became convinced that tanning bed lamps are definitely not good for you.

Back