2012 Golf Digest Hot List: What Was Tested

Hey ary, any info on the AMP driver from Cobra? Have you seen it? Rocketballz 2.0.

Old Cobra, at it again! The OG's of copy and paste.

Hey ary, any info on the AMP driver from Cobra? Have you seen it? Rocketballz 2.0.

Hot List Copy Cat Gold Award: Cobra AMP!

They actually gave the AMP driver a Gold rating! It is quite orange on the bottom, but also is white on the top. The interesting thing that I didn't know about the driver is that as the lofts get higher, the swingweights get lighter and the shafts get longer. They're trying to give people that swing slower and need the higher lofts more speed, with more control for faster swingers that need lower lofts. It also has 3 face-angle settings.

I'm getting all of this info from Golf Digest on the IPad, by the way.

Hot List Copy Cat Gold Award: Cobra AMP!

hahahaha, love it!

They actually gave the AMP driver a Gold rating! It is quite orange on the bottom, but also is white on the top. The interesting thing that I didn't know about the driver is that as the lofts get higher, the swingweights get lighter and the shafts get longer. They're trying to give people that swing slower and need the higher lofts more speed, with more control for faster swingers that need lower lofts. It also has 3 face-angle settings.

Dude, the ipad is Erin's. I rarely get to touch it. I've seen some interweb pictures of the AMP driver and the one's I've seen they are rocketballz green.

Im downloading mine right now. Didnt know it was out till reading this thread.

I enjoy looking through the Hot List but disregard “demand”. The rest of it is opinions of reviewers that I respect but may not agree with.

hahahaha, love it!

Dude, the ipad is Erin's. I rarely get to touch it. I've seen some interweb pictures of the AMP driver and the one's I've seen they are rocketballz green.

The IPad is supposed to be my wife's, that doesn't stop me.

Apart from the rankings, I like the info that is given on each of the clubs. For example, with all of the iron sets listed, they give you the lofts for all of the irons as well as how wide the sole is on the 6-iron and how wide the topline is. TC, you'll like this: the sole width and topline on the 588 CB irons are the exact same as the Razr X Tour irons.

Interestingly, only 3 wedge lines got a Gold rating: Cleveland 588, Ping Anser, Titleist Vokey SM4.

I don't hate the hot list, but I hate how demand is a criteria. Maybe they should call it the hipster hot list. So many clubs would be gold if it was not for that factor.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

That particular criteria has always rubbed me the wrong way too Seth, I guess they think I am very concerned with what others are playing instead of what would help my game more. Silly category IMO.

I didnt know the new Hot List was out yet, thanks for the heads up I'm gonna go check it out right now!

That particular criteria has always rubbed me the wrong way too Seth, I guess they think I am very concerned with what others are playing instead of what would help my game more. Silly category IMO.

But it's only worth 5% of the total score, so shouldn't affect the overall ratings much.

But it's only worth 5% of the total score, so shouldn't affect the overall ratings much.

I get what you are saying but that 5% differential head to head with 2 clubs can actually represent 10% of the total score and that is too much IMO.

Glad to see some Boccieri Golf in there

Wow. Pretty good list. I like that mag just for the pictures hhaha.

The Editor's picks were what the Editor's liked the best, not necessarily what clubs got the best overall ratings. That said, all of the clubs that were picked got very good ratings. There were 4 Editor's picks: Callaway Razr Fit driver, TaylorMade RBZ hybrid, Ping i20 irons, Titleist Vokey SM4 wedges.

That's a pretty good set right there. I wonder why they never select a putter? eh, whatever...

now that is a big list, a club ho dream lol.

I downloaded the issue on my kindle. I liked how they show specs but take the ratings with a grain of salt. In more news, the Cobra Amp is a hideous line of clubs.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I agree war, they'd win the gold award for ugliest line of 2012. The putters is what caught my eye. Some very very intriguing putters coming out this year. Specifically the new Odyssey Metal-X putters.

I like the Kindle Fire version. I like that you can hear the driver sound as well. The Odyssey putters caught my eye. I just saw today that Odyssey is coming out with a flip face putter which looks pretty cool.

I like the Kindle Fire version. I like that you can hear the driver sound as well. The Odyssey putters caught my eye. I just saw today that Odyssey is coming out with a flip face putter which looks pretty cool.

Very interesting idea for sure. But the rumored $350 price hurts

Hurts big time especially with the other 2 new models that I see and like

The new SC Cameron Selects are ridiculous looking. NP2 please!

I have not seen the hot list reviews yet, but I really like the look of the protype Odyssey putters. I googled some pics of the flip and it seems like an interesting idea, I'm curious though about the flip, it will be interesting to see how it performs.

Bob Burns Golf is real close to my house. I'm surprised to see that they were tested.

This list is a joke. With so many OEms tested, why are only the major OEMs showing up? $$$$$$$$$$

I almost threw up when I read that the Mizuno JPX 800 Pros had a "buttery forged" feel.

They're a bunch of sheep.

It s all about the dollar the big OEM(s) put in GD for advertising.
I trust the reviews done by THP and it's members.

To the best of my knowledge anyone can submit a club(s) for review. Perhaps I'm wrong? I think GD tries to do an honest assessment. Frankly I don't think anyone makes bad equipment. They couldn't and stay in business. The difference between gold and silver, or between editor's choice and not editor's choice, is probably not all that great. All the clubs probably perform well.

Back