The weights are great, I did shoulders/biceps yesterday and had no problems. The ends of them have a soft rubber so if they do bump into each other there is no sound, or jarring impact. I'm really impressed.

What I am not impressed with is my current level of fitness, I am so sore after the last couple of days. I feel like an old man climbing in and out of the car.

I thought about the newer one, but figured I already have the discs for the first one, and told myself to make it through 90 days, and then I can get the 2nd one.

That's a good idea...I think I will do the same.

I have been nasty sick the last 8 days or so, and have not been able to do it. I am going to be restarting on Monday as this weekend is the craziest weekend in a long time for me. Can't wait to get back to it, I love it.

I am doing Insanity right now (another Beach Body program) and it is crazy. This is the 2nd time I have done it. Lost 27 lbs in 60 days last time and right now I am over a month in and am down 17 lbs. The program calls for 6 days a week and I am only able to do 4 or 5 so I have changed it up a bit, but it works so well.

How much is jumping? I live in an apartment, would the people below me hate me?

How much is jumping? I live in an apartment, would the people below me hate me?

Well, depends on how hard you land. They want you to land softly and all to help ease the strain on the joints but there is bound to be some noise involved no matter how hard you try to be quiet. Give it ago and see if they complain. I have P90x and Insanity. I'm a loser!! I got through 60 days of P90X and quit and 2-3 weeks of Insanity and quit. I like them both very much. I really like Insanity though. I'm actually going to be starting that again here in a week or so. I've been dealing with heal spurs and they have been getting better by home therapy but I also have an inflamed tendon on my ankle that I guess I will be getting an injection to see if that helps.

Good luck to everyone doing either one of these. If you are dedicated, these programs will work for you!!

With the NBA season starting I really got an itch to start playing a little competitive ball again. So I decided to give my knees one last chance. However, I will not go into a season out of shape again like I have done in the past. So I started P90X again to rebuild the muscle. Last night I did the plyo and now I can hardly move. It's the good kind of pain though as tony calls it in the videos.
Can't wait to see if I will be able to push that 3pt % north of 50% again. Wish me luck.

I just read this thread and then read some more about it, and it seriously intrigues me. I'm going to take a serious look at doing this. Seems like it will really work.

Just did day 1, chest and back. Thoughts: it shouldn't be called P90x, it should be called AHHH I HATE YOU TONY HORTON! STOP TALKING!! AND QUIT MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A WIMP!

Other than that, it's intense and my arms are probably dead. Dive bomb pushups, is there a way to do those easily? They were turning into crash landings the second set.

Just did day 1, chest and back. Thoughts: it shouldn't be called P90x, it should be called AHHH I HATE YOU TONY HORTON! STOP TALKING!! AND QUIT MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A WIMP!

Other than that, it's intense and my arms are probably dead. Dive bomb pushups, is there a way to do those easily? They were turning into crash landings the second set.

Fact: I have never completed a full set of dive bomber pushups. I hate those damn things. And, to answer your question, there is no way to do them easily.

Tony Horton will grow on you

P.S. Tomorrow really hurts

I have such a bad feeling about that. The ab ripper may be my other day to relax, I've usually not had much problem with an stuff.

I just heard from friends about the one legged guy. Good lord man, maybe Sarah Maclaughlin will come sing to me while I do it too while showing me abused animals..

Day 1 of P90X2 is in the books!

I've been thinking about giving this or insanity a shot. Question for the P90X-ers. Do you use the pull up bar or is there something that you can substitute for those workouts. Don't really have a place for that in my current spot.

I've been thinking about giving this or insanity a shot. Question for the P90X-ers. Do you use the pull up bar or is there something that you can substitute for those workouts. Don't really have a place for that in my current spot.
I used the pull up bar usually, but have used the bands with the door attachment as well, and still get a great workout.

You don't have a door frame and an open door of sorts? Pull ups are kinda vital. Half the workouts on the first DVD were chin up/pull up related

Got it. Thanks. I'd have to do some rearranging to get a TV near one that opens the right way to get a pullup/chinup bar there... I'll see what I can do. Either way I'm getting something started for the winter! Keep at it guys.

Got it. Thanks. I'd have to do some rearranging to get a TV near one that opens the right way to get a pullup/chinup bar there... I'll see what I can do. Either way I'm getting something started for the winter! Keep at it guys.
No need for a TV near the door. Just get a look at what exercise they are doing, then go to the door frame where the pull up bar is. I leave my living room to do the pullups back near the bedroom. No need to sit in front of the TV while you are doing them.

Also, by the second week, you will know what comes next as it is repetitious, and usually I get ahead of the DVD and have to fast forward it to catch it up.

No worry there man, you can literally walk away from the tv and over to the bar. He gives a quick countdown before they start. I'd just turn up the volume and sprint lol

I'm thinking of starting this next week, I normally have a gym membership but I don't want to pay for my golf membership and a gym membership so I'm going to give this a shot. Hopefully it can get me back into the shape I want to be in.

Finished Plyo X an hour ago. I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight dreaming of the bacon I wish I could be eating. That stuff doesn't mess around man. And the one legged guy that's good at it? Seriously? Unnecessary motivation!

Be careful walking down stairs tomorrow. Almost fell down a whole flight of stairs the morning after plyo X. I think I cried a little too.

Finished Plyo X an hour ago. I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight dreaming of the bacon I wish I could be eating. That stuff doesn't mess around man. And the one legged guy that's good at it? Seriously? Unnecessary motivation!

The rockstar jump things always kill me, plus I feel like a tool doing them.

That one legged dude is also an actor, was in Super Troopers.

Be careful walking down stairs tomorrow. Almost fell down a whole flight of stairs the morning after plyo X. I think I cried a little too.

Really appreciate that heads up, as I do have stairs to deal with. I may do the butt scoot approach if it's bad.

The rockstar jump things always kill me, plus I feel like a tool doing them.

That one legged dude is also an actor, was in Super Troopers.

Yeah those are so stupid feeling. I'd be happier if it were an action 5 news team jump. I knew I was in trouble when the warmup was tiring my legs out. I was so sadly right

Really appreciate that heads up, as I do have stairs to deal with. I may do the butt scoot approach if it's bad.

Yeah those are so stupid feeling. I'd be happier if it were an action 5 news team jump. I knew I was in trouble when the warmup was tiring my legs out. I was so sadly right

Tomorrow wont be too bad. Shoulders and Arms are always my favorite. I love doing the side-tri-rise at the end. One armed, sideways pushups.

Back