This photo is a bonus in my opinion because Adam Scott's in there as well! :call-me:

^^^^^^ That's funny, Fiona.

^^^^^^ That's funny, Fiona.

Give me a minute to gaze at the photo a little longer...ahhh...my two favourites together!
AddEmoticons04225.gif

I went a golf show this past weekend, picke dup two pair of Puma Tour Saddles, what comfy and super cool shoes! I want more!

I went a golf show this past weekend, picke dup two pair of Puma Tour Saddles, what comfy and super cool shoes! I want more!

nice pick up! I have a few myself... they are incredibly comfy shoes but don't offer the kind of support you get from say an Adidas 360 Tour.

Couldn't pass them up DD, $85 for both pair, NIB with all the extras!

This year's version is supposed to offer more support. We shall see.

I see the sole is really narrow (not on my foot, but the actual base where tread is), but imagine they'll be fine for never walking.

Dent,
I cannot blame you. Their stuff is very nice. There are brands I prefer, but the Puma gear is in the top 6 or so.

464623493_Z6KAF-L.jpg

Did the brown graphic print print sweater ever come out? I saw it in black/grey and in light grey/orange, but never brown.

That is a good question. According to PUMA, yes it came out, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Isn't funny how brands that were almost extinct have made huge comebacks in recent years? Take Puma, before a couple years ago, you never even heard of them anymore, however, they were huge when I was in school about 20 years ago. Especially with the hip hop crowd as they had the velour style sneakers with the huge laces. Another brand that died and came back with a huge markup in price is Lactose. I remember wearing those alligator polo shirts when I was in elementary school, now they are the rage and commanding huge prices compared to before.

Another brand that died and came back with a huge markup in price is Lactose.

I don't know why, but that really cracked me up. :laughing:

I don't know why, but that really cracked me up. :laughing:

I didn't even notice that. The best part is I had it spelled correctly and the spell check changed it for me. I guess Lacoste isn't in the spell check dictionary.

Lacoste really never went away. What happened is that the Izod owner bought a portion of the US rights and marketed them together. Then decided lacoste would be the upscale side and Izod would be the mid-range side of their apparel line.

Due to bad business management, the owner of Izod, had to sell the company and did so to Van Heusen. They did not take over the Lacoste line in the US and therefore the brand was dormant here briefly. However they were never gone from upscale shops.

The line was so big in the 70's and 80's due to them being seen everywhere because of the Izod brand. The actual Lacoste brand is still in the same shops and stores it has always been in.

So . . . which one is the alligator?

Lacoste. Yet Izod used that in the US for a period of time under Izod/Lacoste label.

If I could afford PUMA I would have a golf bag, shoes, clothes, and any other golf accessory I could find, but the price usually isnt right. Also, I love a lot of the Burberry sweaters I see on tour

Check out Fairwaystyles.com they have a good sale going on.

If I could afford PUMA I would have a golf bag, shoes, clothes, and any other golf accessory I could find, but the price usually isnt right. Also, I love a lot of the Burberry sweaters I see on tour

A few months ago we went into our local Edwin Watts and they had a huge sale on PUMA. Most of the items were 50%. If you can find the right sale it's worth it. They had a few quality issues in the past but their newest line is great. The clothing has held up wash after wash, which was part of the issue in the past. I am very excited to see what they have in store for Spring at the PGA Merchandise show. I would like to cause a distraction and make a run for it with one of their staff bag....I wonder if anyone would notice :confused2:

I know that site well and I am not sure their apparel is on the up and up.

I have had some friends buy stuff there and it looks good to me, holds up well from what they say. but I am not saying I dont believe you. I have not purchased anything there myself though. I usually stay away from sites like that unless they take Paypal

Back