hitmanharleyk

Swing Easy, Hit it Hard!
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.6
I went in today and was looking at their ball selection. To start with their Bridgestone 330 rx's were $39.99, tgw and edwin watts have them for $32.99.

But the main reason of this post.

I opened a dozen E5's and there was 3 sleeves in it and 1 sleeve of Topflite XD's. I then pull a dozen callaway diablo tours and the same thing, 1 sleeve was the topflite xd's. After a few more minutes I found 2 more sleeves of the xd's in their "premium" ball offerings. Looks like someone is testing sleeves of the better balls at the $16 price of the 18 ball pack of the TF's.

I handed the dozens I found to the guy running the sporting good section and told him what was going on. He gave me no thank you or anything, just put them in a box behind the counter and went along with his business.

Check inside if you purchase your balls at Wally World. And golf is suppose to be a honest game, someone who'd pull this would cheat you on the course!

Wow, that's interesting.

Unfortunately people like this are going to be difficult to totally stop. It sucks, but you just have to keep moving on.

I buy all my new balls at Walmart, and have never seen this. Sounds like a customer trying to get some premium balls for the price of a few rocks to me.

Damn, thats messed up.

On another note, why were you opening unbought golf balls?

This is not a new development, unfortunately I've heard lots of stories of this happening. It's why a number of golf shops put tape around the boxes of their boxes ofpremium golf balls, so people don't do this.

I don't see a problem with it if there's no tape or anything. I open boxes all the time to look at the sleeves and such. Not damaging anything.

Hmm, I didn't know that was allowed. Might start that myself.

In the Walmarts around here they wrap one of those electronic things around the premium balls so they can't be opened unless you steal some wire cutters first.

You should have told the manager. Gotta let the person in charge know that it's going on.

Wouldn't you now that I told you of this experience? Maybe I had heard of this happening and wanted to double check! I was also looking at the cover on the E-5's because of reading here it was that of the premium balls, you can clearly tell it is much better than the E-6's and E-7's.

Hmm, I didn't know that was allowed. Might start that myself.

I do it pretty much anywhere I buy balls, just to make sure they're all there. A lot of times I buy yellow balls, so I look to make sure someone didn't switch the colors either. I do it at Golfsmith and GolfGalaxy and they've never said anything to me, so I guess it's ok heh.

Wouldn't you now that I told you off this experiance? Maybe I had heard of this happening and wanted to double check! I was also looking at the cover on the E-5's because of reading here it was that of the premium balls, you can clearly tell it is much better than the E-6's and E-7's.
I wasn't accusing you of wrongdoing. I was just curious. I had never done this before and didn't know anyone who had. Calm yourself.

I knew someone who used to do this swap out the cheaper balls for the higher end ones but purchase the box of cheaper balls. its just wrong

I guess next time I buy shoes at one those big box stores I should not open them and just trust what the box says on the outside to be true???/

I went in today and was looking at their ball selection. To start with their Bridgestone 330 rx's were $39.99, tgw and edwin watts have them for $32.99.

But the main reason of this post.

I opened a dozen E5's and there was 3 sleeves in it and 1 sleeve of Topflite XD's. I then pull a dozen callaway diablo tours and the same thing, 1 sleeve was the topflite xd's. After a few more minutes I found 2 more sleeves of the xd's in their "premium" ball offerings. Looks like someone is testing sleeves of the better balls at the $16 price of the 18 ball pack of the TF's.

I handed the dozens I found to the guy running the sporting good section and told him what was going on. He gave me no thank you or anything, just put them in a box behind the counter and went along with his business.

Check inside if you purchase your balls at Wally World. And golf is suppose to be a honest game, someone who'd pull this would cheat you on the course!

That person is a thief through and through, it would not take long being around them for you to realize that they are someone you do not want as a friend.

I don't see anything wrong with opening a box of balls before you purchase them to be sure you are getting what you are paying for, good catch hitman.

I have already explained my post. I say again, calm down. You are sound like a kid.
I guess next time I buy shoes at one those big box stores I should not open them and just trust what the box says on the outside to be true???/

I wasn't accusing you of wrongdoing. I was just curious. I had never done this before and didn't know anyone who had. Calm yourself.

By the way, it was at a Walmart in Alabama

The world is full of lowlife's. Never bought balls before at Walmart, but I'll be on the lookout from now on. Thanks for the heads up!

Okay... And?

I always check to make sure I am truly getting what I want. E.W., Golfsmith, pro shop....

You weren't supposed to find those, I started with Bridgestone knowing you wouldn't look.....I kid of course! The clerk should have at least thanked you.

Back