i tried the syringe trick and it didnt work at all for me... the paint was too thick
i just painted it sloppily over what i wanted to fill and cleaned up the excess with nail polish remover q-tips and paper towels

Here are some better pics of the wedges and putter I did:

DSCN0029-L.jpg

DSCN0048-L.jpg
DSCN0011-L.jpg

Looks really good Hawk.

That is awesome Hawk!!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Looks really good Hawk.

They really do Hawk, nice job. I love that blue and white combo. Is that anything special to you or just because they look cool?

They really do Hawk, nice job. I love that blue and white combo. Is that anything special to you or just because they look cool?

Thanks guys. I appreciate you all showing me in the first place. It's been a nice way to spend some time.

Damaikis - I went with the Blue and White because it's the color combo I associate with Cleveland - from their staff bags I guess. It's the fill I'm hoping to do on the 588 irons and I wanted to see how it looked in advance.

Thanks guys. I appreciate you all showing me in the first place. It's been a nice way to spend some time.

Damaikis - I went with the Blue and White because it's the color combo I associate with Cleveland - from their staff bags I guess. It's the fill I'm hoping to do on the 588 irons and I wanted to see how it looked in advance.

Ah thanks. Very cool indeed. I bet that'll look awesome in the 588 CB's dude.

I wish I wasnt so bad at paintfill, Id do my entire set. Im so bored with what I have right now, even though I really dont want to give up my heavys for anything but RBZs

Wedges and putter look sharp hawk!

If I don't like what my school colors (black, gold, white) look like I'm thinking blue/white or green/white.

Do any of you guys thin the paint or just use it right out of the jar?

Full strength

Do any of you guys thin the paint or just use it right out of the jar?

I have not thinned it yet, but that will help keep bubbles out of the finished product. It might also help the clear colors spread more evenly. It has crossed my mind to try, but I am just too lazy in the end.

Decided to use my 3 and 4 iron as test clubs since I have hybrids and never hit these irons. Glad I did some testing first because apparently MP-52s have a shiny/clear coat finish on the back where the "MP-52" and "DUAL MUSCLE" are. The paint stripper got the black fill out great but also removed the shiny finish. So the way I see it, I have 3 options, strip the shiny coat all the way off, fill over the black on those letters, or leave them black. Might try stripping the coat off the 3 and see what it looks like.

Decided to use my 3 and 4 iron as test clubs since I have hybrids and never hit these irons. Glad I did some testing first because apparently MP-52s have a shiny/clear coat finish on the back where the "MP-52" and "DUAL MUSCLE" are. The paint stripper got the black fill out great but also removed the shiny finish. So the way I see it, I have 3 options, strip the shiny coat all the way off, fill over the black on those letters, or leave them black. Might try stripping the coat off the 3 and see what it looks like.
why not add a clear coat after you paint fill?

why not add a clear coat after you paint fill?

Doubt it would match what's already there. So I'd have to remove the entire coating and put a new one down?

i think you'd do a great job... what does the entire coating entail? the whole head of the club?

Might do the B in the cavity of my j 38 . Thinking black and yellow to match the grips

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

i think you'd do a great job... what does the entire coating entail? the whole head of the club?

its just the back of the iron. sorry for the crappy pictures, took them with the iphone real quick. as you can see the textured shiny coating around the wording has been removed with the stripper. gonna try taking all of it off the back of the 3 iron.

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Will acetone harm a satin/chrome finish? I have an old Cleveland 588 56* I feel like messing with.

JB:

Thanks for sharing this thread. I've been thinking about pimping my clubs up a bit... and now I really know how to tackle it. What colour to paint fill my Diablo Forged... red seems obvious.

Alex

Hmm may try doing my scotty myself instead of paying so much to send it back . Anyone with the honey dew california series stripped it down to the raw finish? Post up some pics if so .. if i wait a few more years it will be done on its own that finish fades off so bad .

Hawk, nice job on the wedges and putter. No idea how I missed these, but looks good.

Hmm may try doing my scotty myself instead of paying so much to send it back . Anyone with the honey dew california series stripped it down to the raw finish? Post up some pics if so .. if i wait a few more years it will be done on its own that finish fades off so bad .

SethO did that exact putter you have... look like 5 pages back it's in there somewhere.

we're remodeling our clubhouse at work and refurbing our club fitting/ repair area in the back room... im gonna go on a paint fill custom club frenzy lol

Back