What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough day weather wise out there. We had a constant 15-20 MPH south wind with gusts to 30. With that said, not great scoring conditions but very pleased with the day. Here we go...

41-42 = 83
6/13 FW
4/18 GIR
29 putts
0 birdies
2 doubles (both on back)

Got a little sloppy on a few holes with chipping and some stray tee shots that cost me a few shots but did a really good job of draining some 10-15 footers to save pars. Given the circumstances, solid day of ball striking and I like where things are headed.
Cookie I have enjoyed watching your progress over the last year. You'll be shooting in the 70s by July. Looking forward,to our round next month.

Tough day weather wise out there. We had a constant 15-20 MPH south wind with gusts to 30. With that said, not great scoring conditions but very pleased with the day. Here we go...

41-42 = 83
6/13 FW
4/18 GIR
29 putts
0 birdies
2 doubles (both on back)

Got a little sloppy on a few holes with chipping and some stray tee shots that cost me a few shots but did a really good job of draining some 10-15 footers to save pars. Given the circumstances, solid day of ball striking and I like where things are headed.

Good shooting Cookie...it was really windy here..at least a two club wind with gusts going to 35mph....I managed 42+44 for 86 and was pretty happy with it.

Cookie I have enjoyed watching your progress over the last year. You'll be shooting in the 70s by July. Looking forward,to our round next month.

Thanks buddy, I am looking forward to it also! And our buddy Nate will have some RBZ's in the bag for us to hit. :D

Good score Cookie. If that's a tough day for you, you know you're improving a lot! Great job dude!

Good shooting Cookie...it was really windy here..at least a two club wind with gusts going to 35mph....I managed 42+44 for 86 and was pretty happy with it.

Well done man - winds were brutal; that is solid scoring man!!

Nice day in the wind, cookie.

Today was like stealing one in North Georgia. Bright sun, no wind, almost a perfect day. Still, it was 40 degrees at tee off and didn't reach 50 all day. But, the combination of sun and no wind meant we didn't even need the cart heaters today. Clad in my Hot Chilys, and several layers of outerwear, we were off to the first tee (with Bloody Marys in hand). Driver, nine iron, putt and voila! birdie the first hole. Holy Cow! Who is this guy and what did you do with v.man? It's a shame to start out like that and then not have anything to look forward to the rest of the day. However, I continued to hit the ball really solidly all day and finished with a respectable 81--2 birdies, 8 pars, 6 bogies, and 2 double bogies (grr. One from being buried under the lip and another due to brain freeze and bloody mary effect). All in all, considering the greens haven't been cut in a week and were like velcro, and it is, after all January freaking 15th, not too awful bad!

Played 36 today, shot a 91(48+43, 31 putts) first round and a 93(48+45, 34 putts) second round. Absolutely a gorgeous day in SW Arizona to play, no wind and around 65 out. My pitching was on today but the little 4-5 ft putts were kicking my butt. I finally broke out the driver after letting it ride the pine for the last 4 rounds and I guess it got jealous and started sending the ball where I wanted it to go.

Same conditions here at v.man describes above except our greens were mowed yesterday after being so slow for a few days. Ball striking was only so-so, putting was so-so and scoring was pretty erratic. Three each double-bogies and birdies, seven bogies, and only four pars. 40 43 83. tsk tsk tsk...

Today was like stealing one in North Georgia. Bright sun, no wind, almost a perfect day. Still, it was 40 degrees at tee off and didn't reach 50 all day. But, the combination of sun and no wind meant we didn't even need the cart heaters today. Clad in my Hot Chilys, and several layers of outerwear, we were off to the first tee (with Bloody Marys in hand). Driver, nine iron, putt and voila! birdie the first hole. Holy Cow! Who is this guy and what did you do with v.man? It's a shame to start out like that and then not have anything to look forward to the rest of the day. However, I continued to hit the ball really solidly all day and finished with a respectable 81--2 birdies, 8 pars, 6 bogies, and 2 double bogies (grr. One from being buried under the lip and another due to brain freeze and bloody mary effect). All in all, considering the greens haven't been cut in a week and were like velcro, and it is, after all January freaking 15th, not too awful bad!

Sounds like you had fun, congrats on a solid round and on the 2 birds.

Same conditions here at v.man describes above except our greens were mowed yesterday after being so slow for a few days. Ball striking was only so-so, putting was so-so and scoring was pretty erratic. Three each double-bogies and birdies, seven bogies, and only four pars. 40 43 83. tsk tsk tsk...

Not bad Lefty, I know 3 doubles is not your usual, I'm hoping to get out tomorrow myself.

80 today. Lowest score at my course for me. 39/41 all pars and 8 bogeys. I have shot 81 numerous times, but just can never break 80 here for whatever reason. Today I hit 13/14 fairways, and the one fairway I missed I was still GIR and made the par on par 5. Had 2 3 putts, one was on a par 3, where the pin was and where I landed, a 2 putt would be great, so I wasn't too upset with that 3 putt. Other one I landed short on the green with a back pin and a triple breaker. All in all not a bad round, there weren't any spectacular shots, just fairways and greens for the most part. Only had 2-3 real chances at birdie, rest of them were 10-15ft putts.

Started out as good as I can remember ever with 1 over after 4 and 3 over after 7, but lost my ass coming home. How can a person complain with any golf at all on January 15th? I'll take it!

80 today. Lowest score at my course for me. 39/41 all pars and 8 bogeys. I have shot 81 numerous times, but just can never break 80 here for whatever reason. Today I hit 13/14 fairways, and the one fairway I missed I was still GIR and made the par on par 5. Had 2 3 putts, one was on a par 3, where the pin was and where I landed, a 2 putt would be great, so I wasn't too upset with that 3 putt. Other one I landed short on the green with a back pin and a triple breaker. All in all not a bad round, there weren't any spectacular shots, just fairways and greens for the most part. Only had 2-3 real chances at birdie, rest of them were 10-15ft putts.

Congrats on you new PB on your home course.

Started out as good as I can remember ever with 1 over after 4 and 3 over after 7, but lost my ass coming home. How can a person complain with any golf at all on January 15th? I'll take it!

Ain't that the truth buddy, I've got to agree with that.

Congrats on your 80, Vegan! And yes, duey, golf in the middle of January trumps any score!

Only played 6 holes today but was even par for the 6. All pars actually and it felt good to get out there.

Only played 6 holes today but was even par for the 6. All pars actually and it felt good to get out there.

did it start raining or something?

did it start raining or something?

No. I went to just work on my game, but ended up wanting to play a few holes. Just did not have time to play anymore.

7 over for 9 holes. Not too bad.

shot 77 today. Last 6 rounds have all been between 76 and 78.

All of these 70's rounds make my 90's seem pretty pathetic

well today started off horribly with a snowman on a par 5 followed up by a 9 a couple of holes later... ended up with a 46 on the front with those two massive holes so i guess thats pretty good. 47 on the back .. ran out of gas guess i need to start packing granola bars or something when i play through lunch without eating i was exhausted and the pass of play slowed to crawl that started bothering me as well.

so a 93 but i did some things better today for sure in the short game which was good . ill get there eventually!

All of these 70's rounds make my 90's seem pretty pathetic

Nah, all scores are good scores at THP. Its about having fun and enjoying the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back