Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I usually don't mind some time away from golf in the Winter. I take my daughter to the dome and watch her hit balls, but I don't get freaked about not playing. Ironically, the weather has been so mild here in Cheeseland that we probably could have played at least 8-10 times since the end of November. But today it was cold. It gets colder, but after the mild weather today was skin shredding. And I was out in the country walking around a barn turned house and a big lake property.

Funny thing is, I get home and I kind of have the itch to play some golf. Maybe because the Packers got Gianted and there's nothing to look forward to. I'm sure most will say they itch all year long, but I don't mind a little break. But now I'm itchy.

I'm sort of planning out the family's golf year, starting with a Vegas trip in April. I'm going to try to have a good year. Lots of mid-iron practice, and work on making more birdie putts. There's a young man at our club that hits his 3W 20 yards farther than I hit my driver, and he has my club championship trophy.

If you live in a not golf year round area, when do you start to feel it? This is really early for me. Or are you always itchy when you can't play?

Kevin

I don't know about itchy, but I was about nuts by the end of winter last year. This year we really have not stopped playing yet and weather looks to work again this weekend, no itchy here!

I get the itch only days after I can't play anymore. I've been fortunate enough to be able to play most of this year, but weather has forced me to take a few breaks from it, and I always want to play. Whether I just got off the course or am about to go out, I always am itching to play.

I feel it after aboot 2 weeks of not playing. Courses here were open into December, but my last round was in October. It was mild enough today I could have played (read: above freezing). I have a feeling it is the calm before the winter storm, and I won't get to play until April.

I have played on a sim a couple times but it isn't the same at all. Watching all the people on here getting picked as testers and actually going to the PGA show makes me jealous.

I really need to move to a warmer climate. Ugh

Winter is a difficult time for me Kevin. I can hit balls on the range, but it's not the same thing. I miss the grass under my feet, the sun in my face, the walk down the fairway...and all that goes with it. Three to four months is a long time.

Oh and just reading the title, I thought this thread was going to be about something different entirely. ;)

The sim place near us smells like feet. No thanks.

Kevin

I get itchy on occasion but with classes starting up again I have other stuff to focus on during the bad weather but I do look for every chance I can get out I'll go.

The sim place near us smells like feet. No thanks.

Kevin

The sim place near me, is a bar. Something wrong with playing golf, and having drinks delivered. Oh wait, that is what usually happens. Lol

I don't like sim golf, putting on it sucks, and it never seems consistent. It is slightly better than nothing.

I am thinking about taking lessons though. That may help cure the itch.

The sim place near me, is a bar. Something wrong with playing golf, and having drinks delivered. Oh wait, that is what usually happens. Lol

I don't like sim golf, putting on it sucks, and it never seems consistent. It is slightly better than nothing.

I am thinking about taking lessons though. That may help cure the itch.

A putting lesson?

Kevin

I feel your pain Esox, the wind chills are suppose to be well below zero tomorrow and all I can think of is that first round in the spring. I do think it makes me appreciate that perfect summer day though. The guys at Golf Galaxy all know when i am getting the itch because they see me a few times a week.

I haven't hit a golf ball in a week and a half and haven't really noticed. See, Erin started back to school. She's working on her Master's right now. So that means that Mon - Wed I have to be home by 4pm and it's me, the toddler, and the baby until 9pm. Wow, is it exhausting. I usually play golf on Monday's but since I have to be home at 4, I have to really be careful about what time I tee off, and if it's frosty outside, that means tee times don't start until 11am which kind of screws me. It's also mat season, and I just don't hit off of them. I am getting the itch to play though that's for sure, and forum member SW will be cruising through Ash-Vegas Monday so hopefully we can tee it up.

I do get the itch though, as I enjoy playing golf, but sometimes life stuff gets in the way.

Oh sure start a thread like this today! As for the itch - it never stops really. I got home today and was hitting wedges against the basement wall, then practicing putting.

Right now its -20 C out (-40 with the wind chill) headed for -30 C tonight. Oh well, only about 2 1/2 months until the driving ranges open....

Sometimes I think I will go insane from a lack of golf

Tappin!

lanacane-anti-itch-plus-anti-bacterial-cream.jpg

Every other weekend I don't play golf for 3 days, and it drives me nuts. I don't think I would survive the winter in cold places.

yeah, 25 below zero tonight here in Minneapolis. Golf is a long way off in this town.
Fortunately, the in laws have a place in Palm Springs so I can run away and golf when the "itch" strikes.
I can usually go about 2 wks, then I have to scratch the itch.
Also have my reg playing partner wanting to go somewhere end of Feb., and I am in San Diego mid of March.
I just dont know how Im going to make it til then. arrrrgh.

Haha in all honesty I have that itch everyday if I dont swing a club...its why I chose to go to school in Arizona.

It's been a frustrating lately for me. Just seems like the mild days, it has rained and the ice has melted, meaning the course has been closed a few times. The non-mild days, it's been too icy to play. I've got some golf in, but I'm really actually itching to get started on short game and putting practice. I never thought about it before, but I miss that! Weird.

I'm always a little itchy. I wish I could play 3 times a week but I just can't. It's pretty cold around here now so it's even affecting my practice

I get itchy for golf every winter.
That's why I play in an indoor league.
It's not perfect....but it is a scratch.

We're officially below zero. Now I'm thinking more about surviving than playing golf. Tebow, it's cold.

Kevin

I don't think itch quite describes it! It's way beyond that. Every time I drive by a course I get sad because it is completely frozen. I am envious of anyone who lives in Florida or Cali, getting to play all year long, just isn't fair!

Back