What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done re-gripping my GF's new Cobra Driver and 3-wood with the royal blue Lamkin REL 3GEN grips she wanted. Also replaced the stock Never Compromise grip she had on her putter with a Crossline Paddle. Waiting for grip tape from Golfsmith and I will be re-gripping my own sticks, hopefully tomorrow.

You guys and your new clubs. :)

It was pretty awesome Sean, golf with a great friend and hitting a new driver much better than my last one. We had a blast.

Got carried away on a long range session, but it was worth it! :D

Inspired after lesson yesterday to work on adjustments. Picked a target zone (20yds wide) and counted how many landed in this zone. Not worried about distance at this point, just trying to put shots where they need to be. 40 degrees and rain today, thank goodness for heated, covered stalls. :)

Well winter really hit us yesterday it's now -26 celcius so all i did was clean my clubs and pray for a short winter.

I made a few putts in the basement... spent time here on THP and fired off a few e-mails. Rest and recuperating from a brutal few days healthwise. Feelin' better no tachycardia today.

Alex

Hit the range, just let everything go and relaxed. Tried out CG15s I picked up in December and they felt absolutely great.

I spent some very productive time on the range working on keeping my arms from moving away from my body on my down swing. At best this swing flaw would cause me to hit the ball off the heel and I'd lose a bit of distance and accuracy. At its worst I would hit hosel rockets like crazy making it nearly impossible to advance the ball towards the green. One of the pros at my course gave me some good advice on keeping my arms attached to my body so to speak. It was a great range day and now I am ready to take my new found swing to the course.

Hit about 175 balls at the range, mainly hitting 7 iron and wedge just working on my swing. Cut my TM Superfast down to 45" for now until I order new sticks in March.

Played 18 in our weekly blitz, had a slightly worse than normal day. Checked out THP serval different times.

Having played so long, I've always been a huge fan of the old Victory grips and they are getting hard to find these days, so I've been grabbing them recently on eBay. Bought 30 or so earlier in the week and bought a few more today.

VictoryGrips.jpg

On and off THP, and played 18 in sunny, yet windy conditions - did pretty well.

Played 18 with Texasgolfer (Sam) today. We did not play too well....but had a great time.

Little match play on the back. I was down 2 through 4 then battled back and I was up 1 going into 18 and he won that hole. So, we ended all square. To be continued.....

Have a feeling I may be doing a little more video tonight as well.....

As I do most days in the winter: three hours practicing on the range. Really worked on the pivot today along with chipping an pitching.

Went to Golfsmith and bought some stuff, tried to do some range work but it was closed. 3rd day in a row with no range, sigh.

Had a practice session at GolfTec and went to golf galaxy afterwards. They had the RBZ and R11s driver demo's. I want an R11s...

Removed project x shafts from Bridgestone J38s and put new shafts in

I spent some more quality time with J40 irons. I sure am going to miss them when they are gone.

got my new BFF OEM Kevin to buy me an used R9 Supertri and booked a 4 man scramble on January 29th at Rock Manor in DE.

Spent time on THP and watched a good bit of stuff on TGC.

Attempting to sell my lefty driver and 3W here, along with surfing THP.

Well I went to the dome today and spent a couple of hours there working on tempo. Right now everything is going real well and my striking is probably the best it's ever been. I am absolutely loving my new Callaway irons ad wedges. Afterwards, I went to the travel agent and grabbed my airline tickets to FLA. I then went to Golf Town and had all of my sticks re-gripped that are coming to FLA to open my season. That decision has been made... at last.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back