bulldog

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 10.5
Well since I like the Matrix shafts so well in my driver(s) I have & had, I decided to get a Radix HD6 for my 4W & Studio 84 Iron shafts for my 2.0s. I'll add a review of em when I get them & installed.
ps. Shout out to Dennis @ blind9golf for ordering for me!!!

Always been a big fan of Matrix. Looking forward to your review. I too am looking at a little reshaft action in driver and 3wd.

Wow. Great buys

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Matrix shafts are legit.

That's an exciting move. Let us know how they work for you!

I will say couldn't be more HAPPIER with the Radix HD 6 in my driver!!!!!! My driver is my best club in the bag!! Better distance, shot trajectory and control. Last week I drove thru the green on my tees shot, short par 4 285 yrds up hill.
Edit to add: didnt get into trouble at all today with it

You do hit that R11 well with that shaft in there BD , I will vouch for that ! And seeing that drive you hit last weekend was most excellent :)
Plus I can't wait to hit your 2.0's when you get them re-shafted !
I may have to hide that driver from you tomorrow ;) :)

Looking forward to your nreviews on those iron shafts.

Finding a shaft that "works" for you is one of the best feelings I have experienced in golf I hope the irons shafts work as well as your driver shaft.

WTG with the driver sounds exciting. Hope the Irons work as good for you.

Guess what showed up from Blind9Golf today...WoooHoooo. Thanks Dennis for great fast & Friendly service!!
Sorry for lousy pics.
2012-01-18_14-54-19_293.jpg

For my irons
2012-01-18_14-57-38_805.jpg

Now a Radix for my 4W

2012-01-18_15-03-40_580-1.jpg

Now to get em installed & then I'll post a review on how they hit.

Last edited:
Nice shafts Bulldog! Looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

Congrats on the sweet shafts!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Radix. Been looking at them for my 910D2.

Been playing one in my driver since I got back from the outing last year and haven't looked back.. love it!!
They're a couple of threads out there on it

Sent from my DROID X2

Great pics bulldog and happy these are working out for you in the driver. Interested in your long term thoughts on the iron shafts dude.

Nice pics Bulldog! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these. I know when I tried OEMs driver in August it had the Matrix Radix in it and I thought that was a good combo

Very interested here as well. I think the Radix would be a good fit with the spin killing J40.

Well after my fitter & I both been sick, finally got em back. Hopefully in a couple of days I'll go to the range & see how they feel. Shafts color matches well with the 2.0s
Pics & review coming soon.

Sent from my DROID X2

Hit them well, Bulldog.

Hope your feeling better BD, can't wait to hear how these work for you.

Matrix shafts are incredible...have been playing a TP7x in my old FT-5 And have tested other shafts as well like the F7M2 limited in a FT-fusion 5 wood And the Altus Black Tie in a 909h...but the ultimate combo I have that I came across not Too long ago and don't think will ever leave the bag, even though I really can't Hit it right now, was my 904f tour issue that I put a tour HD10 Black Tie that is the perfect combo distance and accuracy.

Slainte

Well I got to hit one bucket of balls so far, and my 1st thought is; they're firm! I was real surprised to get a feeling of a firm steel feeling from them. But I had good control, no big fades or slices matter of fact most were completely straight!!. I thought the ball flight may have been just a lil bit lower but when I get to go hit & play them more I'll give ya all a better update on em.
Here is a pic. They really do go well with the 2.0s.

2012-02-01_15-03-56_235-2.jpg

2012-02-01_15-04-15_514-1.jpg

Well SpayTech & I went to a par 3 course today to hit and practice our iron shots. I have to say…excuse the stealing of a jingle…I’m loving it! :good:
I stand corrected on the ball flight, its where it needs to be, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] thought was that it was a lil lower but I believe it was my swing @ the time, today I really like the height it was achieving. Matrix says it’s a mid spin but the balls today had good spin to stop em within inches to a couple of feet of the pitch mark.
I was comparing these (firm/graphite) to my reg. flex steel shafts and having a couple of weeks between the change of shafts, so the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] impressions I had was that they were too stiff & rigid but now I can say without a doubt that they are what I was looking for & that is a slightly firmer shaft without being to stiff nor scarifying shot dispersion, matter of fact my iron shots are a tighter pattern & I didn’t notice any loss in yardage. They don’t have the harsh feel on a miss hit but yet still feed back enough info you can tell even small amount of a miss hit, i.e. more to the toe or a slightly thin shot plus you knew when ya caught it flush.
I have enough confidence in these shafts that I ordered 2 more shafts (Thanks Blind9golf) for my sand & lob wedge without no worries with em holding up in stiffness for blasting out of sand or thick grass in the rough

Back