Northern California Get Together?

d_in_la

Not so in LA.
Reaction score
Handicap
?? & Rum.
Any Bay Area/Bay Area adjacent THPers want to get together for some golf? I figure once we get a solid group of people we'll put out some dates and courses. MidCal, SoCal and LoCal, ya'll are invited too!

Also: Join the NoCal THP group here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/group.php?groupid=42

<Edited title to make it more searchable>

Last edited:
sounds like a good idea!

Im in with a buddy, so just keep us updated

MosDef. Will be pimpin' this around the forum and maybe we can get a decent group together.

Just joined the group!

I'm definitely up for. Just need to know far enough in advance to where I can make sure I don't have weekend duty.

Hey all, sorry I haven't jumped in here, was fighting a cold all week and now have a potentially major family issue to deal with.

anyhoo, enough of my whining! What do you guys think of setting up something in mid to late March? Any suggestions on golf courses?

I'm game as long as it's not March 24th.

Im game also!

Duck season will be over, so I'm definitely interested if I can avoid baby duty on the chosen date.

I would also be interested.

I dunno...youse guys got pretty nice gear...

I fear nice gear.

Man I fear dudes with near-single digit handicaps!

So what do you all think about the weekend of March 24/25? And it seems like we have a bunch of East Bayers in here - any course preferences?

Sunol? SkyWest? Lake Chabot? Alameda Muni? Something nicer?

No course preference here and that weekend is good for me

Up here in Humboldt, we consider you all to be from SoCal :)

Up here in Humboldt, we consider you all to be from SoCal :)

Down here in SoCal, we all consider you in Humboldt to be pot farmers...and fine golfing gentlemen as well.

Down here in SoCal, we all consider you in Humboldt to be pot farmers."

Touche. Sad but true. Recent studies show it is at least 1/3 of our economy and an environmental disaster. Outdoor grows are draining the rivers with illegal and unpermitted irrigation and silting in salmon spawning beds with reckless earth moving. Indoor grows use so much power PG& E had to upgrade the local power plant to keep up even though population growth is near zero. Not to mention all the diesel and chemical spills. All of this after the same people ran the timber industry out of town because it wasn't green enough. We call it hippyocracy.

Man I fear dudes with near-single digit handicaps!

So what do you all think about the weekend of March 24/25? And it seems like we have a bunch of East Bayers in here - any course preferences?

Sunol? SkyWest? Lake Chabot? Alameda Muni? Something nicer?

That weekend works for me! I wouldn't mind playing Skywest, Alameda, or Lake Chabot. Didn't really like Sunol all too much.

Im new here and count me in, I will join the group now.

Alright, I've reached out to a few courses and will be sending some PMs. to figure out count.

Sounds good d

Back