GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
New, Lighter ClubGlider[SUP]®[/SUP] Travel Bag for 2012

Missoula, Montana – ClubGlider from Sun Mountain is the next evolution in golf travel bags offering extendable legs and wheels to support 100% of the weight, while eliminating the repeated bending and lifting required with traditional travel bags. With the ClubGlider, walking around is effortless thanks to the maneuverability of the bag’s pivoting wheels. ClubGlider is available in three different models – Pro, Meridian, and the new-for-2012 Journey – offering protection for golfers ranging from weekend warriors to touring professionals. All three models are in golf shops now with retail prices ranging from $199 - $299. For the retailer nearest you call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com.

ClubGlider literally glides from parking lot to luggage counter and back again with retractable legs that easily extend and then tuck away securely for travel. And, thanks to the maneuverability of ClubGlider’s pivoting wheels, walking around is effortless. ClubGlider offers all or more of the protection and storage space of a traditional golf travel bag while eliminating the heavy lifting and constant bending normally required to get through the airport.

The new for 2012 ClubGlider Journey offers the same benefits as the other ClubGlider models and is smaller and lighter thanks to a more tapered design. While being more compact, ClubGlider Journey still offers ample space for golf bag, golf clubs, and golf shoes. ClubGlider Journey is constructed from 1200 denier fabric as compared to the ballistic-type nylon used on the Meridian and Pro models.

Making the cut from over 1,000 entrants in the Golf Channel “Fore Inventors Only” reality show, ClubGlider was named one of five finalists in this search for the next great golf invention. Following a successful introduction, Sun Mountain increased the offering to include additional models. ClubGlider Meridian is the new name for the original ClubGlider. ClubGlider Pro is the largest of the three models made to accommodate tour players oversized staff bags or two lightweight carry bags. ClubGlider Journey is a smaller and lighter version.

Benefits of ClubGlider include legs that support 100% of the weight, eliminating on average over 22 pounds of pressure from the golfer’s shoulders and back. ClubGlider can also be loaded while standing, eliminating the need to bend all the way over as with other travel bags. Additionally, with the ClubGlider, the repeated bending and lifting while waiting in line is a thing of the past. Plus, ClubGlider can support additional luggage, freeing the traveler’s hands. ClubGlider is simple, fast and easy to use with retractable legs and wheels that lock securely for travel. ClubGlider includes heavy-duty two-way zippers, thick foam padding extending down the travel bag to protect clubheads and shafts, internal storage pockets, internal cinch straps, ballistic fabric, vinyl-reinforced wear areas, and a lift-assist handle.

For 30 years Sun Mountain has been a pioneer in the golf industry, revolutionizing golf bags, golf outerwear and golf carts. Sun Mountain's many innovations, including the first lightweight golf bag and modern stand bag, have made it the top golf bag company in North America. Within golf outerwear, Sun Mountain redefined golf-specific performance first with the windshirt, then fleece, and again with its four-way stretch, waterproof, and breathable rainwear. The Sun Mountain Speed Cart[SUP]®[/SUP] golf push cart transformed walking carts and created an entirely new category of golf products. Sun Mountain's "Ahead of Time Design" motto drives the company to continually design and refine golf equipment.

For the Sun Mountain retailer nearest you call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com.

i-zF8wnWS-L.jpg
i-tGrfkDw-L.jpg

I like that for the wheels. I've honestly never seen it before.

That is sweet the way the wheels kick out. It looks like it would make it almost effortless.

I am fully intrigued by this! love the concept of this bag!

Very nice IMO. The whole concept of it is truly a good one.

They have a commercial I have seen on the Golf channel for this. It does look good.

The legs need to be protected when retracted or the baggage handlers will find a way to destroy them. Over the past few years I've had a 28" roller bag and a 22" roller bag ruined to the point of uselessness. On my last trip to Miami they managed to put dents in both legs on my Ogio Grom stand bag that was inside my travel bag. The legs will eventually fold the wrong way and break pretty soon I'm sure. Looks like Sun Mountain has a great concept though!

I think it's too many moving parts. I have no problems wheeling my bag around on just two wheels and would rather not have something else that can break.

Very good looking bag. I am in the market for one of these and I will absolutely look at this one.

pop out legs look like a great idea. hope they can stand up to the baggage guys.

This is a nice looking travel bag at a solid price point for the golfer that travels quite a bit.

Love my ClubGlider. Never had an issue with bag handlers at all. One of the best golf purchases I've made.

TapAhoy!

Not a bad looking bag but Im afraid those little leg/wheels things would never make a trip to the outing as my travel bag without getting broken off.:beat-up:

Not a bad looking bag but Im afraid those little leg/wheels things would never make a trip to the outing as my travel bag without getting broken off.:beat-up:

That's only because you would turn the villa crawl into the villa roll after One-T jumped on and wanted you to give him a ride...LOL

Sun Mountain makes great products.

About 5 yrs ago, bought a Ping bag that has 4 small coaster wheels on the hard bottom of the bag so it rolls standing up. It also folds down inside itself to a empty storage about the size of a back pack. Super awesome travel bag. One big problem tho, My 46" driver has to be removed from inside the golf bag to fit and is tight to extended full height of the bag. Yep, put pressure on shaft, and yep, broken shaft when I last opened.
I might get the stiff arm thingy the force the bag to its extent.
I love the bag and the wheels have never bound up. Also has 2 trad wheels to carry in a drag style. Just really well done.
Wonder if they have it still and if it is any longer?

Back