2012 COBRA Baffler T-Rail

I'll be reviewing this one for our homepage. Thought I'd share a few photos I shot of it tonight. I didn't realize it, but the yellow is more of a neon color. This is the 3wood and it's ultra-shallow. The grip is a Lamkin N-Dur.

DSCN0166-L.jpg

DSCN0173-L.jpg

DSCN0178-L.jpg

DSCN0180-L.jpg
DSCN0167-L.jpg

That looks great Hawk. I'm excited to hear your feedback. I think my favorite parts are the grip and headcover.

The headcover is pretty loud for sure. Not incredibly easy to get on the club either. The grip is good, though also very noticeable. Quite grippy. Hope to hit this over the weekend.

Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk. I could do without the neon yellow, but the club looks like it could be great off the deck.

Can't wait to hear more Hawk. I'm wondering how this would compare to the Mashie FW with it's gliderails. How do you like the look of it now that you've seen it in person?

Can't wait to hear more Hawk. I'm wondering how this would compare to the Mashie FW with it's gliderails. How do you like the look of it now that you've seen it in person?

Well, I'd like it more if the grip was black for sure. The shaft looks nice and the head is pretty wide and shallow, which is a good thing imo. I'm pretty neutral on the alignment lines in person. I know they both have gliderails, but that really is about the only thing similar to the Mashie. It's longer, shallower, and sets up very much like a normal fairway wood.

What's gonna really be interesting is seeing how it interacts with the turf and how that shaft performs. Pretty curious about the shaft.

Well, I'd like it more if the grip was black for sure. The shaft looks nice and the head is pretty wide and shallow, which is a good thing imo. I'm pretty neutral on the alignment lines in person. I know they both have gliderails, but that really is about the only thing similar to the Mashie. It's longer, shallower, and sets up very much like a normal fairway wood.

Thanks. I remember the last Baffler FW was pretty easy to get airborne. I'd imagine this is pretty similar in that aspect. I'm not a fan of the neon grip either.

One picture the grip looks white but then in the other its clearly heinous green, thats too bad. I do like the look of the head though and curios about how that shaft works in it.

I love the colors and the grip...awesome. I hope its a performer

I love the colors and the grip...awesome. I hope its a performer

If I remember right you wanted neon green grips at one point last year

This was the only Cobra model I kind of liked- but the new pics, that neon green and that grip... ugghh. I also hated what they did to the ZL design and the Long Tom is ridiculous. I guess I am no longer anywhere close to Cobra's market. My interest in the 2012 line up is zero.

This was the only Cobra model I kind of liked- but the new pics, that neon green and that grip... ugghh. I also hated what they did to the ZL design and the Long Tom is ridiculous. I guess I am no longer anywhere close to Cobra's market. My interest in the 2012 line up is zero.

Have you seen the ZL encore white? Much better looking than the black

I like the looks of this! I have a Cobra hybrid and love it, so this might be worth a try.

Sort of right there with you. Although I think the white ZL is a very good looking club.

It looks great. I can't wait to try it out.

If I remember right you wanted neon green grips at one point last year

not so much neon, but I did order these and LOVED them

post-38336-057892500 1282414779_thumb.jpg

I think it's a good looking club. The lines on the crown are not bad but I don't love them either. I do like the shallow face but agree with Hawk that a black grip would look better.

Don't like to hear about the headcover being hard to get on/off. Hawk: is it more of a hard plastic material that does not flex well that is making it difficult to get on/remove? Looks like it is kind of already formed in a shape and unless the bottom of it is really flexible or expanding with elastic then I could see how it would be difficult.

One picture the grip looks white but then in the other its clearly heinous green, thats too bad. I do like the look of the head though and curios about how that shaft works in it.

In person it is very much a highlighter yellow/green. Never hit the shaft before, so that will be a new experience for me.

I think it's a good looking club. The lines on the crown are not bad but I don't love them either. I do like the shallow face but agree with Hawk that a black grip would look better.

Don't like to hear about the headcover being hard to get on/off. Hawk: is it more of a hard plastic material that does not flex well that is making it difficult to get on/remove? Looks like it is kind of already formed in a shape and unless the bottom of it is really flexible or expanding with elastic then I could see how it would be difficult.

Hard to explain, but there are flexible parts and harder parts. Almost like there's a skeleton inside it.

I don't care for the green/yellow near as much as I do the orange of the AMP line, but it's still a nice looking club and I'm interested to hear how it performs on the course. After all, performance is the most important thing anyway.

Hit this one a handful of times this evening and don't have a ton of info for you yet. The grip is a bit on the harsh side. The head sets up nicely and the shallow face definitely is a confidence booster. Solid tingy sound at impact. Sort of struggled with some sidespin issues when I swung it tonight, so I'll leave it at that. More to come soon.

Anyone get a chance to swing the baffler hybrid yet? Wanted last year's but they were sold out of 19* models...I'm hoping these new ones are equally as foolproof.

Got my hands on the new cobra woods line today the t rail looked better in Person but I'm still not a fan of the yellow sight Lines! The amped line looks like it could mean buisness a big step in the right way for cobra! Plus Rickie is hitting the ball well this weekend that always helps!

Back