How do PGA Pros wear pants?!!

The Adidas ClimaCool pants are good. I have two pairs of those.

I have an all white pair of those.. picked them up for my Ireland golf trip. Pretty nice pants and they fit very well. These are the only golf pants I have ever paid full price for, I think they were 79.99

Well I took a look in my closet, and two pairs of my pants and all of my shorts are only 50% polyester, and another pair is 70% polyester, I do have a pair of pants that is 100% polyester, but I'm sure they are not moisture wicking.

Well I took a look in my closet, and two pairs of my pants and all of my shorts are only 50% polyester, and another pair is 70% polyester, I do have a pair of pants that is 100% polyester, but I'm sure they are not moisture wicking.

not necessarily dent... I have adidas climacool (all white with three black stripes going from the back pocket to the side pocket) and they are 100% polyester. They aren't the best moisture wicking pants, say compared to an Under Armour pant, but they do a pretty good job!

i always wear shorts when i play. but to be honest with you, i prefer that the pros play in long pants. who wants to see someone like Colin Montgomerie wearing shorts??? peeeeuw!

I just like the way pants feel and look... they're a real classy look

DD is right, they do look alot better than Shorts, I just have to find some good pants.

If it's under 65 degrees I wear long pants. Over 75 degrees I wear shorts. In between, it depends on how bad I need to tan! Shorts is always preferred, if possible.

DD is right, they do look alot better than Shorts, I just have to find some good pants.

If it's under 65 degrees I wear long pants. Over 75 degrees I wear shorts. In between, it depends on how bad I need to tan! Shorts is always preferred, if possible.

to be honest... it sucks being hot but I have so many pants that are light and golf specific that it doesn't make a difference to me. plus with pants, I don't have to worry about what socks to wear

Speaking of pants vs. shorts, the place im playing tomorrow has a strange rule in the dress code. "- Shorts are to be no more than 4" above the knees, no cutt - offs". Are Dolphin shorts coming back for men, or does this rule apply more to the women. If the latter, why?

I like to wear pants, but being in Alaska it rarely gets to the point where I NEED shorts. But in Hawaii I always wore pants, and I actually felt cooler in them. :confused2:

I thought only the locals wore clothes that cover skin in Hawai'i! Last time I went I only brought one pair of jeans. Everything else was shorts! Same way with Scottsdale! The Bay Area on the other hand can get cold in the Summer! Besides, how are you gonna tan if you cover everything up? LOL

I thought only the locals wore clothes that cover skin in Hawai'i! Last time I went I only brought one pair of jeans. Everything else was shorts! Same way with Scottsdale! The Bay Area on the other hand can get cold in the Summer! Besides, how are you gonna tan if you cover everything up? LOL

I'm naturally tan. Plus living in Alaska all you get is a farmer's tan :banana:

I'm the same way 907. And after 11 days in Hawai'i I could have gone to where they were surfing and look like I lived there! Of course surfing is for crazy people and young people and people who have good backs!

I'm the same way 907. And after 11 days in Hawai'i I could have gone to where they were surfing and look like I lived there! Of course surfing is for crazy people and young people and people who have good backs!

Hey, I'm actually good a surfing, but thats because I snowboard here.

Hah I used to surf, trailing down 200 foot cliffs in Palos Verdes at 430 am to surf among all these dangerous rocks in 40* weather with no wetsuit....yeah it was crazy.

Speaking of pants vs. shorts, the place im playing tomorrow has a strange rule in the dress code. "- Shorts are to be no more than 4" above the knees, no cutt - offs". Are Dolphin shorts coming back for men, or does this rule apply more to the women. If the latter, why?

Our club has a 19" outseam rule for women. Hence I wear Bermudas or capris.

I have to disagree with this rule and im sure Harry would agree. I think my shorts have a 22" out seam, so 19" is pretty long.

Does that apply to skirts/skorts?

Kinda weird that they go with a fixed length instead of a length relative to knees.

harry,
My old club was the same way. It was 18" for women. I always wondered why they did not just do distance from knee

I'm leaning toward getting some Sub Seventy or Sligo Pants, they seem to have the 100% polyester.

I have a pair of each and like both of them a lot. Plus we will be reviewing both of their new lines in the next month or so.

Does that apply to skirts/skorts?

Kinda weird that they go with a fixed length instead of a length relative to knees.

The skorts/skirt rule is two inches above the knee. However, the rule doesn't specify which part of the knee, so I define the upper edge rather liberally.

Would this be an inopportune place to remark that I think Western culture has done itself a disservice by moving away from men in skirt-type garments? I think male kilts would be nice in summer, and there's no real reason such garments should be restricted to women other than historical accident. (I believe the late David Foster Wallace advocated this position as well at some point.) That said, I don't so much like the idea of men's golf kilts, or skilts I guess. :D

Edit: This post is worthless without pictures:
BE055738.jpg

I have some Adidas golf pants from a few years ago that I always wear when it's hot. They're solid white, and I honestly stay cooler than I would with shorts.

I have some Adidas golf pants from a few years ago that I always wear when it's hot. They're solid white, and I honestly stay cooler than I would with shorts.

I love adidas pants, I am getting a grey or white pair pretty soon. I felt their material and 100% polyester is really nice when it comes to them.

Back