Faldo's Comment on Rory Sabbatini

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I'm putting this in a new thread (rather than in the Sony Open thread) because I just started watching the second round and I didn't want to risk reading a spoiler.

At the beginning of today's (2nd) round of the SOny Open, Nick Faldo was commenting on Sabbatini's play and he mentioned that Sabbatini had changed equipment recently. I assumed he meant the change from Nike to Adams, but then Faldo said something like "to new equipment from a manufacturer that I haven't heard of."

Huh? Did Sabbatini switch again, or is Faldo claiming that he hasn't heard of Adams Golf (unlikely.) Or did I mis-hear Faldo?

Thanks.

I must have missed that comment Harry. I did not hear him say that.

I must have missed that comment Harry. I did not hear him say that.

Okay, I'm going to rewind my DVR and listen to it again. Maybe I just heard it wrong.

EDIT: FWIW, it's at the 8-11 minute mark in the broadcast.

Faldo and Jerry Foltz are talking about how RS struggled last year and Faldo says (the garbling is Faldo's):
"I think he's had some equipment issues, uhh... most of the time last year changed ... company ... this years to ... I've never heard of this company, uh ... he's representing. Though we shall see if that may have been a problem."

I think I missed that one too, curious though.

Edited my post above to include the quote.

I heard somewhere it was a company called KBS??? But can't confirm that anywhere.

The only thing I know about KBS is that they make shafts, but I know Rory isn't the only one using them that's for sure.

I was reading somewhere(but can't find it) that he was let go from Adams because he was wearing a Callaway hat or something and the article mentioned something about KBS, then it all gets fuzzy from there....

Sky and Red Bull will do that to you Craig.

LMAO......

Yeah, I'm not a Sabbaweenie fan either, but I thought Faldo's comment was odd. RS's website still lists Adams as a sponsor (along with Callaway), but Adams does not have RS listed.

I thought Adams released him.

He did wear a Cally hat in a practice round before a tournament a few weeks back, I'm sure that didn't go over well. Then at the South Austrailian Open he dumped his Adams Staff bag for a stand bag so his wife could Caddy for him, I'm sure they weren't pleased about that. He is no longer on the Adams website. His Adams contract was only for a year anyway. I've seen some rumors he is negotiating with TM and Cally but as of this point that's all it is, rumor. As far as his current equipment, I have no idea.

Do these clubs meet USGA standards for COR?

Do these clubs meet USGA standards for COR?

Okay, I'm going to rewind my DVR and listen to it again. Maybe I just heard it wrong.

EDIT: FWIW, it's at the 8-11 minute mark in the broadcast.

Faldo and Jerry Foltz are talking about how RS struggled last year and Faldo says (the garbling is Faldo's):
"I think he's had some equipment issues, uhh... most of the time last year changed ... company ... this years to ... I've never heard of this company, uh ... he's representing. Though we shall see if that may have been a problem."

I heard somewhere it was a company called KBS??? But can't confirm that anywhere.

I thought Adams released him.

An unusual club choice I must admit. I would think these would hurt his driving distance statistics. Although, no more injured spectators from wayward drives if it is both a club and ball deal.

x250.jpg

That is funny

I think he had a Scratch golf hat on for the 2nd round of the FBR. But I guess that doesnt mean much with him.

Here's a better shot from today's Buick.

6372820366b58629b36477e34e2c7d7e-getty-84058688sh014_buick_invitat.jpg

(And to actually get back to my original inquiry, it looks like he's got Callaway X-22s in the bag. And G-Man, you were right. It does look like he has a Scratch Golf hat on.)

Nerf? Nerf? You mean the little battle guns with the sponge arrows?

NERF? Ahahahha.

Nerf? Nerf? You mean the little battle guns with the sponge arrows?

NERF? Ahahahha.

If you ever played with the Ironman nerf gun, you would know the sponsorship is worth it.

I want a better shot of that belt buckle. It looks a tad on the tame side, though.

Rory

Rory

Not sure where Rory went bad, but I was never a huge fan of his. He is talented but a poor attitude.

Back