TaylorMade Contest Announcement

What if you put dog treats on everyones name and which ever one your dog picks first, gets the bag. You could do a live webcast.

Thats funny Gasman.

What if you put dog treats on everyones name and which ever one your dog picks first, gets the bag. You could do a live webcast.

There's a contest kind of like this that I've heard of. This way is definetly cleaner. But if my dog was eating the snacks it would be hard to tell who was actually first.

There's a contest kind of like this that I've heard of. This way is definetly cleaner. But if my dog was eating the snacks it would be hard to tell who was actually first.
Me too, I think she would just eat them all. The farm at the college by our house has cow pie bingo. That might be a option.:act-up:

we all take a practice SAT... highest score gets the bag haha

"Dear TaylorMade,

I fell for a wonderful, beautiful, smart, and witty woman. She dumped me. Can I have a bag?

Singlely yours,

Harry"

Sorry Harry--you just weren't my type.:love-over:

Do a sign up thread for the bags, if the guy or girl want to give one away to their S.O. they can put their name in the other hat as well.

Put everyone's name on a range ball. Lucky JB gets to hit them all (no peeking at the balls!). The member whose ball goes the furthest wins. We're big enough now that the live webcast of THAT ought to go for awhile.:golf: And possibly throw out his shoulder.

That works for me DD!

Actually, Claire's is a great idea too. In fact, I really like it. You don't have to put a name on it though, just a number. ANd the number is associated with a random name. That even if he knows he is hitting #8, he doesn't know it's me and he hits it furthest. Could he work that out with the driving range? Maybe borrow a baseball chalk line drawing machine and the ball has to land inside that? Because he could hit a 350 yard slice that you might not find. Problem though, isn't the drving range a lake?

that white bag is gorgeous. whatever way you decide to do it, i hope its not a couples themed thing where you give both bags to the same person (even though it is V-Day). Im recently single for the 1st time in 14 years! lol, but i could give the ladies bag to my mom. shes a golfer, hehe....

Put everyone's name on a range ball. Lucky JB gets to hit them all (no peeking at the balls!). The member whose ball goes the furthest wins. We're big enough now that the live webcast of THAT ought to go for awhile.:golf: And possibly throw out his shoulder.

Thats a good idea, but I would go with a par 3 and closer to the hole.

They can't hit like 100 balls onto the green :D

not to mention westchase has floating greens on their range!

CG,
We want to hear how everyone wants this to be done. Right now we are leaning on an automated system that just picks one name out of everybody and that person gets first choice. Then the 2nd name will get what is left over. We are still open to suggestions though.

That sounds best. No muss. No fuss.

They can't hit like 100 balls onto the green :D
Well do it at night with glow in the dark balls and then when the groundskeepers show up in the morning to see it, well yell suprise.

I'm unsuccessfully searching for the "Caption This" contest photo with a zillion golfballs raining down on some poor fellow standing by the pin.

It probably got sent into cyber wasteland Claire!

But here it is from someplace out there!

article-1043488-0235CD5100000578-11_468x302.jpg

Thanks, Smallie--that's it. JB shooting contest balls onto the green.

I like the closest to the pin idea. Surely JB has enough pull to get access to a practice pin. It can even be a short-game practice green. Only problem is you have to mar a bunch of balls with a number. I also don't think it needs to be broadcast, if there's some fun pictures that could be posted.

As to one or two contests, I think you give both bags to one winner if it is really supposed to be in the spirit of valentines day. If the winner doesn't have a SO, maybe he or she will after they give their heart's desire a very cool, free bag!

Back