Get ready for Big Break PEI!

Golfgal

Fanatic
Reaction score
Handicap
Word is out! Big Break PEI starts April 20th on GC.

Canadian papers announced it before it even made a page on GC. We Canucks are keen :)

Don't know any of the contestants or who should be in the post-episode interview list - do any of you?

Here they are...6 and 6...
Aaron Wright, Brenda McLarnon, Eugene Smith, Gerina Mendoza, Robert Read, Caroline Larsson, Derek Gillespie, Nicole Sikora, William Thompson, Blair O’Neal, Brian Skatell and Kim Kouwabunpat.

See you back on this thread on the 20th!

Gayle

Canadian papers announced it before it even made a page on GC. We Canucks are keen :)

Don't know any of the contestants or who should be in the post-episode interview list - do any of you?

Aaron Wright, Brenda McLarnon, Eugene Smith, Gerina Mendoza, Robert Read, Caroline Larsson, Derek Gillespie, Nicole Sikora, William Thompson, Blair O’Neal, Brian Skatell and Kim Kouwabunpat.

Gayle

All I remember reading is that one of the female contestants is (was?) a member of the Lingerie Football League (or something like that) in Arizona, IIRC.

Bizarre.

ughhh.... another mixed sex show! I hate how they do that... they're going to have more competititions where they obviously use the females drives because she's shorter.

I agree with u dd. I'm not really into all the drama and arguing

what was the season with James Nitties... that was an amazing season! a TON of talent!

I like the Female BB the best.

I don't have a preference but I like when its either all male or all female...

what was the season with James Nitties... that was an amazing season! a TON of talent!

Mesquite.

I like the Female BB the best.

Same here.

Also, after some Googling, I figured out which player was in the Lingerie Football League. It's Blair O'Neal. I didn't bother trying to figure out what the L.F.L. is though.

Mesquite.

Same here.

Also, after some Googling, I figured out which player was in the Lingerie Football League. It's Blair O'Neal. I didn't bother trying to figure out what the L.F.L. is though.

= hot

some great pics on here site

I'd rather watch golf, myself. Never seen any of these.

I will definitely have to watch the show now. There is not much that sucks about her.

I'd rather watch golf, myself. Never seen any of these.

Im with you Claire. I have zero interest. I have tried numerous times and everytime I am over it fast.

I liked the two Big Breaks that I saw (Michigan and Ka'anapali). Still waiting to hear about another Highway 18. We'll watch that too. Reality TV, that's what's usually on at our house!

Gayle

GC sent the bios - check them out...

Kim Kouwabunpat (27, Upland, Calif.) – Focused and driven, Kouwabunpat (pronounced “Kowa boon pat”) has the uncanny ability to pick herself up when she’s been knocked down. The former Stanford University golfer has played on professional tours all over the world in her attempt to make it to the LPGA Tour.

Caroline Larsson (24, Orlando, Fla.) – The Stockholm, Sweden, native is considered to be one of the most talented competitors in the field. An accomplished player on the Duramed FUTURES Tour over the last two years, she competed in the 2007 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament.

Brenda McLarnon (25, Charleston, S.C.) – The Belfast, Ireland, native is brutally honest and outspoken, and brings humor and conflict to everything she does. Having played the Duramed FUTURES Tour the last three years, she learned the sacrifice it takes to play professional golf and is ready to capitalize on the hard-earned experience.

Gerina Mendoza (23, Roswell, N.M.) – Mendoza picked up the game in her late teens but is one of the most naturally gifted competitors in the series. A member of the Duramed FUTURES Tour, last year she competed in the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament, where she missed the cut. With her length off the tee, Mendoza will be a force to be reckoned with in Big Break Prince Edward Island for both the ladies and men.

Blair O'Neal (27, Tempe, Ariz.) – A four-year starter at Arizona State University, she twice won the NCAA Long Drive Championship but has been out of professional golf since 2006 pursuing a modeling career. Before leaving the fairway for the runway, she competed on numerous Tours around the world.

Nicole Sikora (25, Yonkers, N.Y.) – Sikora may be the most inexperienced competitor on Big Break Prince Edward Island. After an unsuccessful rookie year on the DURAMED FUTURES Tour in 2007, she accepted a job on Wall Street as an executive assistant for a New York stock broker. Golf has taken a backseat, but now that her business career is on the fast track, she is slowly finding more time to re-devote to the game.

Derek Gillespie (30, Oshawa, Ontario) – The only Canadian in the cast, Gillespie was once labeled “the next great Canadian golfer” by fellow countryman and PGA TOUR professional Mike Weir. One of the most talented and experienced in the cast, Gillespie is looking to realize his dream of playing on the PGA TOUR after many years of missed opportunities and bad breaks.
Robert Read (30, Seekonk, Mass.) – Reid turned professional to play in Big Break Prince Edward Island. Read will use his humor and prodigious length to level the playing field. Quite the bomber, he has hit drives over 420 yards in long drive competitions.

Eugene Smith (30, Glen Ridge, N.J.) – Smith won the 2000 NCAA Big East Championship and later was the Seton Hall Athlete of the Year in 2001. The Canadian Tour veteran once shot 59 at his home course in New Jersey in a round that included a hole in one.

Brian Skatell (36, Virginia Beach, Va.) – A very confident player, Skatell prides himself on his meticulous work ethic and considers himself to be mentally strong. Though lacking the same amount of tournament experience as many of the other contestants, he firmly believes that even the best in the field can’t match his skill level.

William Thompson (22, Bracey, Va.) – A self-admitted and rather obvious country boy, William “Football” Thompson will be one of the most unique personalities in the cast. The youngest competitor, his Big Break experience will be a trial by fire.

Aaron Wright (31, Orlando, Fla.) – Wright put his dream of playing on the PGA TOUR on hold to serve a six-year tour of duty with the Marines, including a five-month stint in Afghanistan. In 2008, the United States Navel Academy graduate played the Hooters Tour and made the cut in a Nationwide Tour event. He lost to Tiger Woods 4&3 in the quarterfinal match of the 1992 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship.

ughhh.... another mixed sex show! I hate how they do that... they're going to have more competititions where they obviously use the females drives because she's shorter.

GC said this ...

Each of the 12 contestants will compete on equal ground with no consideration of gender when it comes to elimination.

So...no couples this time and it appears that it's every man/woman for him/herself.

Stina will be back as host - :banana:
And a new cohost former PGA TOUR professional Charlie Rymer (they keep changing them - the men just can't seem to keep up with Stina ;))

Kim Kouwabunpat
KIMKWEBHEAD.jpg

Caroline Larsson
LarssonCaroline_250px.jpg

Brenda McLarnon
McLarnonBrenda.jpg

Gerina Mendoza
MendozaGerina.jpg

Blair O'Neal
blair_o_neal_la_shoot_2.jpg

Nicole Sikora
SikoraNicole.jpg

There is my creepy post for the week.

Rymer kinda got on my nerves on the Myrtle Beach thing he did. Or at least the single episode I watched. Maybe it was just that episode, but I kept thinking, "who the heck is this guy?" I'll try to suspend those feelings unless and until he bugs me during the show sufficiently to revive them.

Ill be pulling for Blair ONeal.

Ill be pulling for Blair ONeal.

Oh, Gasman. It's those kinds of statements that cause me to respond in ways that make JulieM very mad at me. I will resort to zipper mouth. :quiet:

Oh, Gasman. It's those kinds of statements that cause me to respond in ways that make JulieM very mad at me. I will resort to zipper mouth. :quiet:

Oh man, you need to get your mind out of the gutter. Im just saying I hope she doesnt choke.

Rymer kinda got on my nerves on the Myrtle Beach thing he did. Or at least the single episode I watched. Maybe it was just that episode, but I kept thinking, "who the heck is this guy?" I'll try to suspend those feelings unless and until he bugs me during the show sufficiently to revive them.

Rymer bugs the crap outta me too. Why can't they get a decent male host? Why can't they just bring back Vince Cellini and Stephanie Sparks? (although Stina is okay.)

Back