Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's the short version of my rant against Valentine's Day. Regardless of its origins, it has morphed into a holiday where you can't possibly win. Here are the standard women's choices:
  1. You aren't married or seeing anyone. The day makes you feel like everyone else is happily attached and you are the only lonely one out there. You are miserable.
  2. You are attached, but to someone who realizes what a crock of nonsense valentine's Day is and refuses to acknowledge it. Everyone else you know is receiving roses and getting taken out to dinner. You are miserable.
  3. You are attached, and he sends you roses and takes you out to dinner. But--does he really mean it, or is he only doing it because it's expected? Wondering this makes you miserable.
Any guy on the other side of options 2 and 3 is likewise made miserable.

Why do we do this to ourselves? I refuse to acknowledge the day exists.

Oh--and two years ago, I came home from work on February 14 to discover that a pipe had frozen in the attic. There was standing water in the basement. It was horrible.

Did I mention that I hate Valentine's Day?

wow Claire, here are some flowers:flowers4u: and I REALLY mean it....

My GF just said she wants to take me out to dinner this year, and then she semi-jokingly told me she wants candy and flowers from me and she'll take care of the meal. Sounds pretty easy to me.

We'll hopefully go to the driving range and then eat lunch at BD's Mongolian on the way home. Then go home, play with the dogs and watch TV or something. The 14th is just another day when you show it the other days.

Very well said Smallville.

We'll hopefully go to the driving range and then eat lunch at BD's Mongolian on the way home. Then go home, play with the dogs and watch TV or something. The 14th is just another day when you show it the other days.

Sounds like a good time to me. I'll be your date if she isn't up for it. I love me some BD's.

As much as you seem to be a great guy and all bogey, I will just hope she'll go with me! LMAO Funny stuff.

It's already paid for even. We bought some gift cards that gave you $5 free since we knew we'd be going back. So we have 2 $25 cards, $10 free and a $20 one we got for Christmas. We're set for a while.

As much as you seem to be a great guy and all bogey, I will just hope she'll go with me! LMAO Funny stuff.

It's already paid for even. We bought some gift cards that gave you $5 free since we knew we'd be going back. So we have 2 $25 cards, $10 free and a $20 one we got for Christmas. We're set for a while.

Just in case she blows you off this year :call-me: Sounds like dinner is taken care of.

wow Claire, here are some flowers:flowers4u: and I REALLY mean it....

My GF just said she wants to take me out to dinner this year, and then she semi-jokingly told me she wants candy and flowers from me and she'll take care of the meal. Sounds pretty easy to me.

Thanks, Craig! Last night we got our February plumbing problem for this year. At least our plumber is very, very nice to us.

AJ, I'm so sorry for everything you're going through.

I have to go to the airport and pick up one of our service guys coming back from Fresno at 11:30 tonight! Grrrrrrr

Wish he had parked his truck at the airport, he was only gone 3 days!

THP will keep you awake Smallie.

it's $7 a day to park at Vancouver International. guessing it's similar there. $20 to do that?

THP will keep you awake Smallie.

Yeah I know, I'll be here til about 11:20 or so. He'll call when he lands and he has to wait for luggage so I should get there about the time he makes it outside (I am 25 minutes or so from MCI).

it's $7 a day to park at Vancouver International. guessing it's similar there. $20 to do that?

Mike, it just went up from $5 to $6.50 in satellite parking. It's costing them a whole lot more than that for me and the gas to get up there and back. Plus it's overtime! Poor planning there.

Cheap! We're at $30 a day for short term (which I sometimes do) or $15/day for satellite. If we're going on vacation, we've got so much gear that's it's cheaper to pay $30/day than to hire a car service to get us to and from the airport. How sick is that?

Last time I used short term it was $20 a day (we had someone drop my truck off when we came back from a trip, and for the 8 or 9 hours it was there, it was $20) back in 2003. Have no idea what it is now. But if you park in short term and get out in 30 minutes or less, it's free.

Not to air out all of my personal business but.....since Saturday, I have two parents in the hospital, one grandparent, my transfer to another department was rejected, my hours have been suspended at my current department AND my fiance left me...

I think I deserve a beer?

Wow, I just read this.. that is so harsh dude. Hope you get through it okay.

Does anyone else want to punch this guy in the nose?

ups-china-to-us.jpg

Bit the bullet and got a (second) flat screen television for Christmas. It screwed up all our set up. For six weeks, I've had to change where the cable goes every time I want to record a show (yeah, yeah, Harry--spare me the lecture). Have had to change the yellow/white/red plugs for the wii, the DVD player, the VCR. The first thing I do every morning is jump on the elliptical and watch something I've recorded. Having to move plugs around before I've even woken up has been totally annoying.

So today I finally got to Radio Shack. $65 later, but I have a cable divider and a switch for multiple yellow/red/white plugs. Now my rant is that there are as many cables by the television as they are behind Hubby's home computer (where the network is hubbed and we have two printers set up).

Wow. All I can say is wow.

How do like the elliptical?...yea I know this is the rant thread. I have a Pro-Form treadmill & just picked up a Pro-Form 775s magnetic resistance bike off of Craigslist. Am looking into getting an elliptical but wasn't sure of just what I can expect to get out of one.

Ok, back to the rant thread.

It could turn into a rant if she doesn't like her elliptical:D

Boo asked me if your new avatar was someone going to the bathroom. I told her I hoped it was someone hitting back out of the rough; she didn't quite notice the lack of a golf club.

:dohanim: Crap. I didn't even think of that. I'll change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back