TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

was at golftec today and was talking to my instructor about these cause they just had the Taylormade Tourvan and Rep there to go over the new product lines... he got a chance to hit the 3 wood and was carrying it the same as his Super Tri. the ST just had more roll out than the RBZ 3 wood, which makes sense due to the loft difference. he also said the Rep said Legally they can only say its 17 yards longer but from everything they saw its further than that. pretty impressive im tempted to hit this but i dunno if it will fit in my bag currently.

was at golftec today and was talking to my instructor about these cause they just had the Taylormade Tourvan and Rep there to go over the new product lines... he got a chance to hit the 3 wood and was carrying it the same as his Super Tri. the ST just had more roll out than the RBZ 3 wood, which makes sense due to the loft difference. he also said the Rep said Legally they can only say its 17 yards longer but from everything they saw its further than that. pretty impressive im tempted to hit this but i dunno if it will fit in my bag currently.

My golftec instructor was hitting it 340 yards. Yeah, I want to hit this.

Why not? holes too small?

Why not? holes too small?

i havn't used a 3 wood in years and years.... and my r11 hybrid is a 16* i believe the 3 wood is 15* if my distances are close to my old ones with my new swing i really wouldn't have a use for hitting something that far unless i used a 3 wood instead of my driver.

G4L- thats just nuts.... he said the one guy is ripped and he was hitting it 310 easily.

i havn't used a 3 wood in years and years.... and my r11 hybrid is a 16* i believe the 3 wood is 15* if my distances are close to my old ones with my new swing i really wouldn't have a use for hitting something that far unless i used a 3 wood instead of my driver.

G4L- thats just nuts.... he said the one guy is ripped and he was hitting it 310 easily.

Hahaha, I was just messing with ya.

Pretty interesting stuff from the PGA Show Demo Day, looks like TM had people hit a Burner Superfast 2.0 3-wood (at least that's what it looks like in the videos), then hit the RBZ 3-wood and compare the distances. They also had the Protracer technology put into these videos. 2 examples are below, one is a guy with a pretty nice swing, and the second...well, I like to see a girl hit the ball when she's not wearing shoes. Yeah, that's it.

You can see all of the different videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TAYLORMADEGOLF/videos

and the second...well, I like to see a girl hit the ball when she's not wearing shoes. Yeah, that's it.

I just LOL'ed at work. Not good.

Some of these numbers people are getting are stunning. JB and I must have been doing it way wrong.

That dudes swing looks like mine. His trajectory with the RBZ was awesome compared to the Burner. And thats insane numbers.

After watching these videos I think I know what I want for my birthday coming up. I was interested in the 3 wood but now I just want to hit it and see the numbers. With the numbers I've seen I am defiantly intrigued.

Some of these numbers people are getting are stunning. JB and I must have been doing it way wrong.

I really think for some people that this club is pure magic. I have no idea why it is really, but when the monitor at Dick's showed me 292 yards followed by 293 yards, I was a believer.

If you watch the vids of Dustin Johnson and the RBZ 3 wood he hits it 330 on his last swing. Then watch the vid of him with the R11s, his final swing goes 332. 2 yards going from a 3 wood to a driver? So much hype around this 3 wood, let's see the driver already. In theory, he should hit the RBZ driver, what, 350-360?

After watching these videos I think I know what I want for my birthday coming up. I was interested in the 3 wood but now I just want to hit it and see the numbers. With the numbers I've seen I am defiantly intrigued.

I would love to try it on the course again and get some adequate range time with it. I'd really like to hit it off a fairway lie for a while and see if it was just user error or what.

If you watch the vids of Dustin Johnson and the RBZ 3 wood he hits it 330 on his last swing. Then watch the vid of him with the R11s, his final swing goes 332. 2 yards going from a 3 wood to a driver? So much hype around this 3 wood, let's see the driver already. In theory, he should hit the RBZ driver, what, 350-360?

I think alot of people are struggling with soon with the rbz driver. Not sure it would be a great fit for him. Dj can hit drives slot father than 330 with he gets after it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Some of those swings look pretty harsh and the ball flight of the 2.0 3 wood is extremely high for a lot of those cats.. I think the range will be closer to 5-10 yards for people with a decent consistent swing.

Some of those swings look pretty harsh and the ball flight of the 2.0 3 wood is extremely high for a lot of those cats.. I think the range will be closer to 5-10 yards for people with a decent consistent swing.

If you go through TM's videos of people who were on camera (there's about 50 people) they don't all have a ridiculous high ball flight. There were some normal ones in there, and many bad one's hahaha

Edit: I would be quite happy with either ball flight from this guy.

If you go through TM's videos of people who were on camera (there's about 50 people) they don't all have a ridiculous high ball flight. There were some normal ones in there, and many bad one's hahaha

Edit: I would be quite happy with either ball flight from this guy.

I'd trade him some teeth for some of his yards. Man, that's mean.

Agreed he didn't have a high ball flight , maybe I am just over skeptical and trying to convince myself I don't need one in my bag...:bulgy-eyes:

the ball flight on the rocketballz 3 wood looks awesome compared to the burner. and some of those guys can straight mash!

Back