TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

I hit these the other day and wow it was long about close to twenty yards longer then the other drives I tested! The name I can't get over but I might learn to for the distance it provides.

Agreed he didn't have a high ball flight , maybe I am just over skeptical and trying to convince myself I don't need one in my bag...:bulgy-eyes:

Hahaha You're not the only one in that boat. I would love to put it against a couple other fairway woods and see who wins the overall.

If you watch the vids of Dustin Johnson and the RBZ 3 wood he hits it 330 on his last swing. Then watch the vid of him with the R11s, his final swing goes 332. 2 yards going from a 3 wood to a driver? So much hype around this 3 wood, let's see the driver already. In theory, he should hit the RBZ driver, what, 350-360?

The driver is already at, or right around, the COR limit like almost every other driver out there. There isn't anything in it that is going to produce a dramatic difference that people are seeing with the fairways and hybrids compared to previous generations.

The driver is already at, or right around, the COR limit like almost every other driver out there. There isn't anything in it that is going to produce a dramatic difference that people are seeing with the fairways and hybrids compared to previous generations.

I would be curious though to see what a difference would be made if they put the weight usually at the back of a driver up closer to the face like they did the RBZ. I can't remember if that's been done yet?

I would be curious though to see what a difference would be made if they put the weight usually at the back of a driver up closer to the face like they did the RBZ. I can't remember if that's been done yet?

I think they are pushing the fairways and hybrids for a reason. Not to say it couldn't be a fine driver in the right hands.

I'm so excited about my 3-HL I feel like I'm a sheep. (I realize only some will get this comment, and it has nothing to do with it being white lol)

I think they are pushing the fairways and hybrids for a reason. Not to say it couldn't be a fine driver in the right hands.

Nah I agree, those fw's and hybrids are the winners there

So you don't think drivers are going to get much longer than they already are? If that's the case, I would think it would beg the question; if I can hit the RBZ 3 wood 260 and the driver 270, save yourself $300 and just get the 3 wood and leave whatever driver you're gaming now, at home and carry two putters. :D

I currently game the Diablo 3 wood and I hit it pretty well. It gives me great ball flight and is easy for me to hit off the deck. I'm pretty anxious to compare the two.

No, I don't think it will be inherently longer than other drivers. As for the second part, I think that could be a viable option for people, regardless of RBZ or other 3 woods.

I was watching TV coverage this morning of Tiger, Rory and Luke playing in Abu Dhabi. Looked like Luke is gaming a Rocketballz 3wd.

Why do they call their 4-Wood a 3 strong?

I hit the FW briefly today. I liked the looks of it a lot. It didn't feel too long. The weighting of it was nice. It set up nicely. I hit it on the simulator and and it gets a little wonky with the white clubs at times but on my solid strikes I was about 10-15 yards longer than my current 3 wood. The claims seem to be accurate.

I have to say that I equally enjoyed the Adams Fast 12 yesterday and it is just as long, if not longer. No slot obviously on the top of the RBZ, if that matter to you.

look what i got today

02ba10aa.jpg

d03ceafc.jpg

8a461219.jpg

a88ea860.jpg

e82e6eec.jpg

2c3a4d80.jpg

54e3f34a.jpg

1f6b9b54.jpg

16966d95.jpg

only got a hit for 10 mins, will have to wait untill i get on the course to give a verdict.

Congrats Chas. So you got 3 RBZ clubs there?

Congrats Chas. So you got 3 RBZ clubs there?

yes the 17* 3w and the 3 & 4 rescue, still waiting on my 5 rescue to come in.

They look realy good , cant wait to get them on the course.

Also got the r11s driver as well

Yeah I was just checking out your pictures, that is awesome man. Im curious to know how the 3 Rescue does for you.

Congrats on the new sticks man! Those colors are growing on me. I'm really looking forward to giving these a whack!

Man, the more non-press shots I see of these clubs, the more I like them and I've never been a white-club kinda guy. Definitely curious about the rescue.

Good god I'm jealous. Congrats on the purchases.

I'm a fan of the green and white! Good looking club!

only had a few hits with the rescues and so far i was hitting them as far as my rescue 11 hybrids i had and maybe a bit furtherhowever i am hopeless on the range and tend to hit better on the course. Never got much extra on the 3w, but again i need to get a feel for them.

Yes, I'm drinking the Kool-aid from what I'm hearing on tour, but I really want to try these fairway woods. 2 stories from the tour, off of Twitter. Yes, I realize both of these guys are TM staffers, but they are interesting. First is from Dustin Johnson via Steve Dimeglio, golf writer for USA Today:
@sdimegUSATgolf Dustin Johnson hit RBZ 3-wood. Flew it 310 (said too far) So he dropped loft from 15 degree to 17. A 4-wood is his 3-wood Lost no distance. (from his old 3-wood)

Second post is from Joe Ogilvie's Twitter feed, after he tested the RBZ fairway woods out. He put the 3-wood and 5-wood in his bag.
@ogilviej Trackman numbers: TM 13 degree burner 3wd: 251 yds carry, 269 yds total TM Rocketballz 14.5 degree 3wd: 265yds carry 291 yds total

Yes, I'm drinking the Kool-aid from what I'm hearing on tour, but I really want to try these fairway woods. 2 stories from the tour, off of Twitter. Yes, I realize both of these guys are TM staffers, but they are interesting. First is from Dustin Johnson via Steve Dimeglio, golf writer for USA Today:
@sdimegUSATgolf Dustin Johnson hit RBZ 3-wood. Flew it 310 (said too far) So he dropped loft from 15 degree to 17. A 4-wood is his 3-wood Lost no distance. (from his old 3-wood)

Second post is from Joe Ogilvie's Twitter feed, after he tested the RBZ fairway woods out. He put the 3-wood and 5-wood in his bag.
@ogilviej Trackman numbers: TM 13 degree burner 3wd: 251 yds carry, 269 yds total TM Rocketballz 14.5 degree 3wd: 265yds carry 291 yds total

holy crap man. Glad I already decided to put the 3 wood in my bag lol.

Holy OEMing, Batman! Wow, you guys are snatching up these babies! I'm not going to OEM this 3 Wood until I hit it vs. the Mashie 3W. It's a big battle for that spot in my bag, and I've heard too much good for both the RBZ and the Mashie for me to rule either out...but, congrats to everyone who has taken the plunge!

Had a chance to see these in person. They look great actually! Goin for a fitting day Tommorow. They are really nice, the non tour head dose not look huge and inwoild feel comfy hitting off the deck. Hybrid is nice too. Wallet might be plenty lighter tommorow

Back