Taylormade Ghost Itsy Bitsy Spider

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
Apologies if this has been posted. I want to pull the trigger on Ghost Spider but I'll be disappointed if I do ad a ghost itsy bitsy comes out soon after.

I know we can't really know this, but I think you can understand why I'm concerned.

R9 - R9 Supertri - R9 Superdeep
R9 irons - R9 TP irons

Then when the Tour Preferred line came out some may have wondered if R11 irons would come out and it was no, the TP irons are the TM line now. Then came the R11 irons so one can only assume an R11 TP iron will come out sometime. I mean we had the R7 TP and R9 TP iron so why think it'd be different for the R11 iron?

So, any news of a ghost itsy bitsy?

Not at this time.
However if a club fits you and you like it and it works, why worry about the next thing?
There will always be a next thing and with your brand of choice, it will be sooner rather than later.

Just because something is new doesn't mean you have to, or even should, buy it. Not every new product fits every golfer. If you waiting for the newest piece of equipment to be released, you will never have new equipment. There will always be something new that the companies will make you think you have to have.

agreed, its hard sometimes you always want the next thing but if thats the case your never going to be happy with your set-up

Not at this time.
However if a club fits you and you like it and it works, why worry about the next thing?
There will always be a next thing and with your brand of choice, it will be sooner rather than later.

I agree with everything you said JB, especially considering TM.

However, I remember the original spider then the itsy bitsy and preferred the size of the itsy bitsy. Then I bought the Vicino and love that putter. It's just got a dent on the top that I notice at address so I'd like to upgrade.

It's really just about the size. Not that the full size isnt nice, but if I had the option I'd probably go itsy bitsy. The smaller versions frame the ball nicely imo.

agreed, its hard sometimes you always want the next thing but if thats the case your never going to be happy with your set-up

I understand what you guys are saying but its not about keeping up with TM. It's the size of the mallet.

But you started off saying that you wanted to pull the trigger on the Ghost Spider....what they are saying is if THAT putter fits you and you like it, then why worry about the next one?

But you started off saying that you wanted to pull the trigger on the Ghost Spider....what they are saying is if THAT putter fits you and you like it, then why worry about the next one?

Touché. I do like it. But I might like a smaller version like my vicino better.

Or since you love your current putter just find a vicino without a dent and game it until something more suiting to you is released.

--
tapatalk

Or since you love your current putter just find a vicino without a dent and game it until something more suiting to you is released.

--
tapatalk

That's a pretty good idea. Thanks!

Have you heard of the Manta coming out?

hero_982_ghost_manta_3.jpg

I know it's not the spider shape, but still a medium sized mallet.

Have you heard of the Manta coming out?

hero_982_ghost_manta_3.jpg

I know it's not the spider shape, but still a medium sized mallet.

I have seen that but to me looks like the Corza Ghost with the hole in the back.

I decided on the full-size Ghost Spider, myself. I'm picking mine up this week. Need to get fitted to make sure on the size, but other than that I'm good to go. I'm excited, it seems like a great putter.

I decided on the full-size Ghost Spider, myself. I'm picking mine up this week. Need to get fitted to make sure on the size, but other than that I'm good to go. I'm excited, it seems like a great putter.

I think I'm going to get one too. It's not that it doesn't work or that I want the latest and greatest, I just remember liking the itsy bitsy and thinking it wasn't so overwhelmingly big. But, the new one does feel nice.

Over under on itsy bitsy ghost coming out not too long after I buy the ghost slider?

I think I'm going to get one too. It's not that it doesn't work or that I want the latest and greatest, I just remember liking the itsy bitsy and thinking it wasn't so overwhelmingly big. But, the new one does feel nice.

Over under on itsy bitsy ghost coming out not too long after I buy the ghost slider?

Like 1:1,000,000. JB said nothing was planned from what he knows, which is a lot.

Keep in mind that this does not mean it is on the horizon to come out any time soon. Just that they have a tour player making them. We heard the same thing about the Kia Ma white putters and we saw the outcome there. If there is enough demand, it will come out and I believe it will in time.

That does not change any thinking on choosing a putter though. It is no different than any club in the bag and despite brand loves and hates, finding something that works is the most important.

We haven't heard any buzz but since DJ is gaming one hopefully they'll let us little people game one. We r getting the Mantas in if anyone is interested.

Keep in mind that this does not mean it is on the horizon to come out any time soon. Just that they have a tour player making them. We heard the same thing about the Kia Ma white putters and we saw the outcome there. If there is enough demand, it will come out and I believe it will in time.

That does not change any thinking on choosing a putter though. It is no different than any club in the bag and despite brand loves and hates, finding something that works is the most important.

I hear you JB. I just think you can see patterns and trends with TM. Like the way they come out with an iron, then a TP version of that iron. We had to think an itsy bitsy was somewhere in the works, even though that doesn't mean it will be released to the public. Not based off any knowledge, just assumption, which we know can sometimes make...

I said in that thread that I hope DJ wins and maybe that will create a demand for the itsy bitsy ghost. Again, I like the full size spyder but my vicino is smaller and to me, frames the ball better. I enjoy the balance of the spyder putters and do think they just work.

I know I seem stuck on TM, but I've owned three scotty camerons and while I love the looks of them (I think scottys are gorgeous) I do not like the way they roll the ball so I now have zero scottys. And before you say "it took three to know" they were all pretty different.

Also, part of the reason I seem like such a TM homer is because I was blessed to get an R11 for free and my irons were half off! I'm open to trying other brands but I can't afford to change irons or anything. I'd like to change my wedges but can't afford a whole set and like them to match (would switch to cleveland or vokey if I could, not a huge fan of the xft).

We haven't heard any buzz but since DJ is gaming one hopefully they'll let us little people game one. We r getting the Mantas in if anyone is interested.

Patty, I'd like to put in my order for the ghost itsy bitsy right now!

Hanson is also using on in Qutar this morning.

I still wish they would have released the Kia Ma Ghost line.

Well looks like your getting more of my money before golf season starts hehe.

Back