Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Thanks. Yep, that's with the V2's. 10 shot average was around 171 carry when I mixed in a couple not as good swings. I've seen some pretty good increases in clubhead speed and quality of contact.

I take it youre a fan of taking lessons now. Lessons have always been the best thing for my game, each time. And Ive learned that you cant just take a couple lessons and expect that to be enough. Each year I take a few and it always help my game.

I take it youre a fan of taking lessons now. Lessons have always been the best thing for my game, each time. And Ive learned that you cant just take a couple lessons and expect that to be enough. Each year I take a few and it always help my game.

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking by trying to figure it out myself last year. I've done more in a month than I did in a year easily. I thought this guy was crazy at first. He had me throwing a medicine ball to him, doing those back and forth swings (core swings), step drills, etc for a few weeks. I decided to just trust him and it's working now.

I know exactly what you mean about just taking a couple and it not being enough. I just bought what amounts to 11 lessons up front so I had to use them. I figure I may even grab a couple more after the season starts.

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking by trying to figure it out myself last year. I've done more in a month than I did in a year easily. I thought this guy was crazy at first. He had me throwing a medicine ball to him, doing those back and forth swings (core swings), step drills, etc for a few weeks. I decided to just trust him and it's working now.

I know exactly what you mean about just taking a couple and it not being enough. I just bought what amounts to 11 lessons up front so I had to use them. I figure I may even grab a couple more after the season starts.

I couldnt agree with you more. I tried to figure it out on my own for years and while you can figure it out to a certain degree nothing compares to getting lessons. And I just ended up with a huge over the top move that Im struggling to fix now. Those core swings are awesome btw. My lesson on Saturday he had me doing the same exact thing.

I always find something creeping into my swing at one point or another. Sometimes I can self correct and sometimes I cant. Lessons always help though. Im loving doing my lessons now versus during the season. During the season I cant help myself and just end up playing more then working on drills like I should. Now though its the the perfect time to ingrain better swing habits.

Sorry One-T I thought for sure I had seen you post a pic of it in the Betti thread. Well let us know how it feels once you get it lol.

Hawk, swing looks great, so I'm sure the consistency will come shortly. Looking forward to seeing how it is coming together this spring.

Sorry One-T I thought for sure I had seen you post a pic of it in the Betti thread. Well let us know how it feels once you get it lol.

Hawk, swing looks great, so I'm sure the consistency will come shortly. Looking forward to seeing how it is coming together this spring.

Its all good buddy. Its hard to keep up with 18 dudes and all the equipment.

I couldnt agree with you more. I tried to figure it out on my own for years and while you can figure it out to a certain degree nothing compares to getting lessons. And I just ended up with a huge over the top move that Im struggling to fix now. Those core swings are awesome btw. My lesson on Saturday he had me doing the same exact thing.

I always find something creeping into my swing at one point or another. Sometimes I can self correct and sometimes I cant. Lessons always help though. Im loving doing my lessons now versus during the season. During the season I cant help myself and just end up playing more then working on drills like I should. Now though its the the perfect time to ingrain better swing habits.

Core swings are awesome. He makes me do them until I start panting and dripping sweat down my nose haha. Where it all clicked for me this weekend was realizing those core swings are basically my swing. I was being all deliberate and overthinking the real swing, but not the core swings. I just tried to turn that off in my head and I was able to get more conistency. My main issue prior to starting was really just swiping at the ball and using all this movement for a weak, inefficient swing. My upper body was getting way ahead of my lower body and I could be on the ball or infront/behind. Super inconsistent and obviously pretty weak.

As for lessons during the offseason - agree 100%. It's the best thing I could have done. I love to play too much to devote the needed practice time during the season.

Lots of guys working on their games. Keep it up fellas. I will get outside when the weather breaks. Until then its birdie ball and weights for me.

Fear The Frog! Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Here are some quick videos of my driver swings from the other night. My driver was abysmal last time I played outside so it's something I've been trying to work on. My swing gets really short with the driver so I've been trying to stretch it out a tad more. As you can see, during a practice swing I can get to an parallel or almost parallel position, but when it comes time to hit the ball I'm no where near that. Was practicing with my Razr Hawk driver and a Wilson Staff DXI driver.

I took about 20 full swings yesterday, and it was the first full swings I have taken in weeks. My back feels good today, so I will try and push it up a little more later in the week. Hopefully I can get to hitting 3-4 full buckets a week in the next 2-3 weeks, so I can start on my lesson plans, because until I can do that, there is no sense in starting work with my coach again. But it sure did feel good to take some pain free full swings again, so now I am antsy to get back and go hard after it.

Good to hear everything is pain free Yorkem

I took about 20 full swings yesterday, and it was the first full swings I have taken in weeks. My back feels good today, so I will try and push it up a little more later in the week. Hopefully I can get to hitting 3-4 full buckets a week in the next 2-3 weeks, so I can start on my lesson plans, because until I can do that, there is no sense in starting work with my coach again. But it sure did feel good to take some pain free full swings again, so now I am antsy to get back and go hard after it.

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery buddy. ddec, I'll check out your videos later.

Good to hear everything is pain free Yorkem

Thanks buddy. It was hard to shut it down, but in the long run, I know it will be the right move.

Hawk, your swing looks really good! It's great to see when hard work on one's swing pays off. I can't wait to tee it up with you in May and July.

Ddec, as you know, I have the opposite problem with my driver, practice swing is definitely shorter than my real swing! Still, I'd take how straight it looked like you were hitting the ball in the 2 down-the-line views.

It may be above 50 degrees on Wednesday up here and I have the day off, I may get some outdoor range practice in on that day!

Swing looks good in those videos Dean. Where were you shooting those?

Thanks buddy. It was hard to shut it down, but in the long run, I know it will be the right move.

Swing looks good in those videos Dean. Where were you shooting those?

Those were done in a sim near me. Shot from the iphone so it came out sort of dark.
Better to shut it down now than have to shut it down later.

Those were done in a sim near me. Shot from the iphone so it came out sort of dark.
Better to shut it down now than have to shut it down later.

My thought exactly. I may miss a couple of nice winter days, but I don't want to be out when I could go every day.

So I'm having a little dilemma...with the money I have left from my Christmas bonus I was going to get some lessons, but I also want to go to Chicago to get fitted at the Callaway Studio for my clubs. Originally I had budgeted for both but I gave in and bought my wife a new pair of running shoes because I'm an awesome husband...anyhow, if I cant think of a way to do both, which do you think would be more beneficial to someones game? Lessons or fitted clubs? The fitting would be for irons and driver. Just wanted a little advice and thought the prep thread was the best place for it because either one is preparing me for the MC.

Spent some time with the Betti this afternoon. I really focused on not taking a peak too early and having the putter follow the line towards the hole after impact. I am really comfortable over the ball right now, more so than I have ever been. If this translates outside come spring I will be a very happy camper. I had one of those moments today when I realized how lucky I am to be part of this event. Thanks again to THP, Bridgestone and Bettinardi. This whole process has been such a blast so far and I have a feeling it is only going to get better.

Again I did the same ole stuff since winter is here. Worked on my putting stroke and did my workout. I really wish it was spring already. We've had a pretty mild winter but it's been just crappy enough that I can't play golf. I really want to go to the heated driving range tomorrow. Maybe I can get Danny.P to do that with me. I really need to get out there and swing my clubs! Even if it is just at some range balls.

Today I just exercised but yesterday I played 18 holes with my new short game mentor and 3 other guys and we played an epic game of wolf. I played ok with a 86 but I won the game of wolf and walked away with a cool $20.
On a side note my course bear mountain is now considered one of the top three most difficult courses in Canada.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I just exercised but yesterday I played 18 holes with my new short game mentor and 3 other guys and we played an epic game of wolf. I played ok with a 86 but I won the game of wolf and walked away with a cool $20.
On a side note my course bear mountain is now considered one of the top three most difficult courses in Canada.

Always nice to go home with someone else's money :D

Congrats on the course rating too...I remember some videos of your course and the practice area and it looks like a first rate facility.

Nicely done, Breeze. Your course looks beasty dude.

Nicely done, Breeze. Your course looks beasty dude.

everything he has told me about that place makes me want to go visit

I practiced my putts from ten feet today. Spent about 45 minutes after the round. Would have been more but it was getting dark.

Back