5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Well it's not so bad if I look back at the calorie intake I used to consume from a weekend packed with cold beer. I will now have only a couple of them after my round of golf. I guess I finally figured out my body can't hang like it used to with the party type behavior.:drinks::bulgy-eyes:

I use Muscle Pharm Combat protein powder (140 cal./scoop), 8 oz. skim milk, 8 oz. cold water, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 4 oz. vanilla nonfat yogurt, and a little bit of vanilla extract. Put it into a shaker cup and voila! 400 calories and 45 grams of protein. Works great before bed as the Combat powder has casein protein in it so it digests over 8 hours. I used to buy separate containers of 100% whey and 100% casein, but it was easier to just buy a protein that contained a blend.

Last edited:
I have lost about 13 lbs since I started trying to lose weight. My pants fit loose which is kinda nice and kind of annoying.

I use Muscle Pharm Combat protein powder (140 cal./scopp), 8 oz. skim milk, 8 oz. cold water, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 4 oz. vanilla nonfat yogurt, and a little bit of vanilla extract. Put it into a shaker cup and voila! 400 calories and 45 grams of protein. Works great before bed as the Combat powder has casein protein in it so it digests over 8 hours. I used to buy separate containers of 100% whey and 100% casein, but it was easier to just buy a protein that contained a blend.

You are going to be beefed up in no time with this concoction! Good job buddy :clapp:

I have lost about 13 lbs since I started trying to lose weight. My pants fit loose which is kinda nice and kind of annoying.

Good job Seth!! I'm down 5. No clothes fitting different but starting to notice I can see my muscles again.

I am down 1.5 lbs! Go me haha

Good job Seth!! I'm down 5. No clothes fitting different but starting to notice I can see my muscles again.

Nice! It is nice when you get that layer off and you can start to see definition.

I was under the weather most of last week and thus was a bum with going to the gym. Have to get back on the wagon today.

Steel Tappin'

I'm trying to lose 15 - 20 lbs. now. A few years ago, I knocked off 30 lbs by running and eating right and laying off the Dr. Peppers, but since then, I've put about 20 lbs. back on. When I lost it then, it was only for a contest and to win some money. This time there is no contest, but just me wanting to get back to that weight. I felt much better when I had lost that weight, and now I just want to get back there. I've started running again (second day is today) so hopefully I'll stick with it.

Here is my weekly update. Things are going great - sticking with the diet and no missed workouts!

Still working out 5x/week minimum (4 days are weights) and packing away the protein in hopes to getting up to 160. Want muscle & definition, not fat.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds
1/17 - 150.8 pounds
1/23 - 152.2 pounds
1/30 - 154.4 pounds

Gotta get bigger so I can fit into the large THP Sligo shirts! LOL

Got a great workout in today. Needed it.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

I'm trying to lose 15 - 20 lbs. now. A few years ago, I knocked off 30 lbs by running and eating right and laying off the Dr. Peppers, but since then, I've put about 20 lbs. back on. When I lost it then, it was only for a contest and to win some money. This time there is no contest, but just me wanting to get back to that weight. I felt much better when I had lost that weight, and now I just want to get back there. I've started running again (second day is today) so hopefully I'll stick with it.

I am glad to see you have made a commitment to improve your health. Excessive weight can cause diabetes, strokes, heart problems, and problems tying your shoes. Hang in there buddy and you will see that new you again!

Here is my weekly update. Things are going great - sticking with the diet and no missed workouts!

Still working out 5x/week minimum (4 days are weights) and packing away the protein in hopes to getting up to 160. Want muscle & definition, not fat.

1/1 - 148.8 pounds
1/8 - 147.0 pounds
1/17 - 150.8 pounds
1/23 - 152.2 pounds
1/30 - 154.4 pounds

Gotta get bigger so I can fit into the large THP Sligo shirts! LOL

You really want this don't ya! I am proud of ya :clapp:

Got a great workout in today. Needed it.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Great job SP! I bet you felt alive and refreshed after your workout :blob:

Ole Gray took me to Dairy Queen tonight. He and I have a weakness that we need to overcome. It's called ice cream. :D

Ole Gray took me to Dairy Queen tonight. He and I have a weakness that we need to overcome. It's called ice cream. :D

mmmmm... Dairy Queen. Blizzard or Cherry Dipped Cone are my old time fav's.

Well, if your gonna have a weakness, nothing better than a DQ blizzard!!

I am due for one...

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Shhhhhhhhhhh :nono: that's strictly confidential KB.. Is was nice little pick me up treet :hungry: and you got to break down now and then to reward yourself. Now off to the gym to burn a few hundred calories :blob:

First, I would be careful on Atkins or south beach plans. They are not sustainable. And when people drop the plan it has heavy consequences.

My bad news: despite decent eating and good cardio workouts u was dead even for the week. Time to get more focus in my plan.

I have been on the induction phase of atkins (20 grams of carbs or less) for more than a year at times with no ill effects. There are people on Livin La Vida Low Carb that have been following a low carb way of eating for nearly a decade. The only negative I can find is that eating this way kind of puts me in the "wierdo fringe" of society, I can deal with that I guess.

I have been on the induction phase of atkins (20 grams of carbs or less) for more than a year at times with no ill effects. There are people on Livin La Vida Low Carb that have been following a low carb way of eating for nearly a decade. The only negative I can find is that eating this way kind of puts me in the "wierdo fringe" of society, I can deal with that I guess.

I'm proud to be part of that fringe!

200.6 this morning, the food poisoning has taken its toll. I can't think about food without nausea. Can keep water down now though at least. Not the way to lose weight.

I'm looking for a good workout routine at the moment that fits in with my current schedule and situation. I have free access to a gym at UW, but I can't find anyone else who wants to go right now. They only have free weights there so having a workout partner is essential for safety.

I'm proud to be part of that fringe!

200.6 this morning, the food poisoning has taken its toll. I can't think about food without nausea. Can keep water down now though at least. Not the way to lose weight.

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning Jman, hope you get better soon.

Been working with a nutritionist since mid-October and am down 29 pounds, still have 23 to go to my target of 200. Riding my bike, longest ride to date 31.5 miles, and working out to build muscle mass. Taking lessons as my swing has changed some due to the spare tire working its way off. Also am starting to work on flexibility

I'm looking for a good workout routine at the moment that fits in with my current schedule and situation. I have free access to a gym at UW, but I can't find anyone else who wants to go right now. They only have free weights there so having a workout partner is essential for safety.

Having someone to workout with makes all of the difference for sticking with it as well. I am working out with 2 of the women I work with since they put a gym in and we really keep each other motivated. Starting in March I'm also going to be playing on a womens indoor soccer team. I can't wait for that to start.

Having someone to workout with makes all of the difference for sticking with it as well. I am working out with 2 of the women I work with since they put a gym in and we really keep each other motivated. Starting in March I'm also going to be playing on a womens indoor soccer team. I can't wait for that to start.

That's awesome nerfny! No better way to get exercise than doing an activity that you really enjoy. I played indoor soccer for years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's awesome nerfny! No better way to get exercise than doing an activity that you really enjoy. I played indoor soccer for years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I know the best part is it will be with a lot of my friends from high school that I used to play with.

Played two hours of full court, 5 on 5 basketball tonight after my chest workout. Thought I was in shape. I was wrong.

I need to gain some weight :mad:

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Back