Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawk if you go with the 588's I think you should consider the KBS Tour 90:

Stiff102g.355" taper.600"discrete2.352%mid-highn/aChrome

Not sure a 125+ gram shaft would be best with those irons.

why do you think that? Isn't the stock option 125+?

I ponder some 588 CB's with KBS Tour S+ for Hawk. 5-PW

588's with KBS Tour S+ for Hawk? No me gusta. That is very heavy shaft with some serious irons.

Cant get that one off of my mind either. Just got a text from someone that just hit the J40 3W....it is a bomber!!

Yeah, and the 445 is getting some ridiculous reviews as well. I LOVE the thought of a smaller than 460 head in it alot.

I have absolutely no reason to cheat on my ML4 as well, but I want to. lol

588's with KBS Tour S+ for Hawk? No me gusta. That is very heavy shaft with some serious irons.

Shiny quarter bet that is in the bag for Hawk?

I'm Irish sir, not Welch

why do you think that? Isn't the stock option 125+?

Not sure what the stock option is but in my opinion I think Hawk would be better suited with a not so heavy shaft with mid launch.

Hawk if you go with the 588's I think you should consider the KBS Tour 90:

Stiff102g.355" taper.600"discrete2.352%mid-highn/aChrome

Not sure a 125+ gram shaft would be best with those irons.

Why do you say that a heavier shaft wouldn't go with those irons? The stock shaft is Dynamic Gold, IIRC, and those are 130 gram shafts. Of course, if someone wants a lighter weight shaft, then KBS 90 is a good way to go.

Also, KBS only looks to have about 5% of the golfing population in the C-tapers, which are basically the players that overpower their current shafts and spin the ball too much or launch way too high.

Why do you say that a heavier shaft wouldn't go with those irons? The stock shaft is Dynamic Gold, IIRC, and those are 130 gram shafts. Of course, if someone wants a lighter weight shaft, then KBS 90 is a good way to go.

Also, KBS only looks to have about 5% of the golfing population in the C-tapers, which are basically the players that overpower their current shafts and spin the ball too much or launch way too high.

Its not just THESE irons, its these irons + Hawks swing that these or whatever shafts have to work for. C-Tapers I think are 100% the wrong choice but this is all my opinion and Im sure Hawk will get this figured out with some fittings.

Not sure what the stock option is but in my opinion I think Hawk would be better suited with a not so heavy shaft with mid launch.

Ok so you are talking about Hawk in general. Understandable

Bridgestone_J40_445D_01_001.jpg

YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Perfect loft as well! Now just to determine if it is 5.0 or 5.5 that I go with!

I was thinking the same...but at 6.0...hehehe

Another one I haven't tried. Jeez, I need to broaden my iron shaft horizons.

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I can just get fit. I do think I'm under-shafted right now, hence the pondering.

Forgive me Hawk if this has been asked, have you tried the optimizer? It was pretty impressive how well it worked. I think Tempo is such a huge component in shaft fitting, this tool seems to have it down pat. I hit about the same as you did with that 6i and I'm in basically an r+ because of my tempo.

I'm not sure I'd go that far with the KBS C Tapers. It's all about fit or they'd only offer in S+ and above for those that overpower iron shafts.

Forgive me Hawk if this has been asked, have you tried the optimizer? It was pretty impressive how well it worked. I think Tempo is such a huge component in shaft fitting, this tool seems to have it down pat. I hit about the same as you did with that 6i and I'm in basically an r+ because of my tempo.

No I haven't, but I hope I'm able to. I really have no interest in C-Tapers.

Basically just looking for a little input guys and I appreciate it. Hopefully a fitting happens.

Hawk, what are you seeing out of the KBS Tours in Regular that you don't like?

No I haven't, but I hope I'm able to. I really have no interest in C-Tapers.

Basically just looking for a little input guys and I appreciate it. Hopefully a fitting happens.

Good deal dude. If no fitting happens, hard step the hell out of X100's.

Hawk, what are you seeing out of the KBS Tours in Regular that you don't like?

My spin seems fine, but my launch is high. I also wonder if I could tighten up the dispersion.

My spin seems fine, but my launch is high. I also wonder if I could tighten up the dispersion.

The only real difference between the R and S is 5 grams. Maybe you just need to be looking at a shaft that offers a lower launching profile. DG's is a natural place to look but man, I just don't care for them.

The only real difference between the R and S is 5 grams. Maybe you just need to be looking at a shaft that offers a lower launching profile. DG's is a natural place to look but man, I just don't care for them.

Does that have to do with your preferences with weight? I don't mind a heavy iron shaft and almost would say I prefer it.

I'm desperately trying to find a miyazaki fitter to get some wood shaft ideas. The kasula blue on paper looks like a good fit.

--
tapatalk

Does that have to do with your preferences with weight? I don't mind a heavy iron shaft and almost would say I prefer it.

Not really. I just don't really care for the feel from the S300's.

Not really. I just don't really care for the feel from the S300's.

That makes sense. I've never compared the two against each other to really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back