Hello From Michigan!!

jarthurw

Reaction score
Handicap
+2
Hello fellow golf lovers,

My name is James I'm a lefty and Golf has been a major part of my life since I first picked up a club. I first started swinging a club when I was two and began to play tournament golf when I was twelve. I enjoyed playing all sports growing up and I continue to love Soccer Baseball and Rugby.

I became a scratch player when I was fourteen and was fortunate enough to be able to travel and play tournaments across the US (and a few in Europe) thanks to junior tours like the AJGA the IJGT and local PGA qualifiers for the US amateur and Junior Amateur, as well as special invites from some international tournament sponsors. Not only through these tours was I able to compete and win a few tournaments, but also meet some really wonderful junior players, professionals, and clubmakers alike (perhaps even met and played with some of the members on this board!).

I have not been able to play anymore like I had when I was younger due to a chronic Neuro-muscular illness that doesn't allow me to play full rounds anymore nor take much of a full swing, more like a hole or two from 100 yards in (which will make my short game bar none when i'm hopefully able to play a round again one day Hahaha).

It is so wonderful to have sites such as this which allow for me to communicate with members such as yourselves and share stories and learn about the latest equipment (still love collecting new clubs! and certain reps from companies who I became close with, while playing tournaments still send me some new stuff from time to time and I go to their headquarters and get to be fitted and have some custom clubs made).

I really look forward to getting to know many of you and hearing about all the great clubs and stories of the rounds you guys have been recently playing!

Slainte,

James

Hi James, Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum James and great introduction! Pleased that you joined us.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Welcome!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Welcome to Paradise this is a great site. Where at in Michigan are you? I am in the Mishawaka, IN area most of the time which is a few blocks away from Michigan. Hope you recover and can get back out playing full rounds.

Welcome, James. You'll enjoy it here

Welcome to the forum James! We're glad to have you.

Welcome James!

Welcome to THP James.

Welcome!!! Good to have another lefty on board.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the Forum!

Hey dude! Let me know if you're ever in GR.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP James. Enjoy!

Welcome to the best place for golf.

TapAhoy!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

Great story! Welcome to THP!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Thank you all for being so welcoming; you are all too kind! Achase215 I'm from Ann Arbor and I study at the University. Of Michigan, if you ever come up this way, I belong to a golf club that has a course that has hosted several big tournaments, and I'd love to take you for a round. JerseyNate, glad to hear from another lefty. Also, if you're ever looking for tour clubs (particularly wedges and putters) let me know and I may be able to help you out, I became close with several pros and representatives as well as club builders in the industry. Just want to helpnout a fellow lefty because I know its hard to track down tour lefty clubs. TheIceman, hey thanks for invite, I'd love to find some place to play a round with you. Again very kind man, really appreciate all the love!

Slainte

Back