Putter Shopping Tomorrow

My advice is, on sale does not mean it is the best putter for you. However, I have never met anyone with a Scotty putter who did not think it was the best putter they had ever owned. I personally have never used a Scotty, nor have I had any significant issues with my putting to warrant me looking at one. I probably should try my uncles out sometime.

Finally, make sure you get the putter fitted to you.

~Rock

I'm a big fan of rolling every putter in the shop, then going 'meh' and not settling for any.

Gotta tell you, I'm thinking of a new putter this year, and I'm strongly leaning towards SeeMore for no reason other than the experiences of the testers on THP. The testers did a great job of not only covering the customer service and use process, but the feel and the more subjective points too.

Mike - one last thing. I have a TP Mills Ming and a Seemore DB4 mallet. If you want to drive up to meet me I'd be glad to let you try them both out. There's an indoor place we could meet with a pretty good sized putting green.

Mike - one last thing. I have a TP Mills Ming and a Seemore DB4 mallet. If you want to drive up to meet me I'd be glad to let you try them both out. There's an indoor place we could meet with a pretty good sized putting green.

Hawk is the man. Spreading some putter love.

Hawk is the man. Spreading some putter love.

I wish I had more for him to try out, especially since I may have a NC in the coming months. There is nothing around here.

Trying them out is key. My dad came in to buy a putter. He wanted an Odyssey. We pushed the Bettis bc we both love them. He loved the Never Compromise putter the best. He said his putting/game has improved greatly bc of it.

I'm a huge Betti fan. At demo day I rolled a bunch of SeeMores and they were also very nice. I liked the weight and feel a lot.

Hawk, thanks for the offer. I really appreciate you offering that up for me. I would love to check out the Ming. I'll send you a pm on your offer. Patty, I have tried out the offerings I am interested in as much as possible. It seems I live in "no man's land" when it comes to new equipment. I talked to the folks at Bettinardi and they are very helpful. I really like the looks of the BB-8 and Studio Stock 5. Everyone raves about their putters and they are right here in Illinois. The Mills Ming has caught my eye too. I also have checked out the Ping Milled Series putters as my current Ping has been a great putter. Hawk is right here in my area and he has been kind enough to let me check his Ming out. I can't say enough about helpful the folks here at THP are. KCM

No problem man. Just shoot me a PM and we can meet up for sure.

Well folks I took a leap of faith 15 minutes ago and ordered up a 2011 Bettinardi BB-1 from the good folks at Blind 9. After researching here at THP on the Bettinardi posts, including some real good information from Puttin4Bird and Jake, and talking with the folks at Bettinardi today, it just seemed like time to pull the trigger. The 2011's have a grayish finish which appealed to me more than the black finish on the 2012's. I can't wait for it to arrive. I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback on this project... We named our 2nd child faster I think. Hawk you don't know how much I appreciate your offer to try-out your Ming. I'd like to meet-up and buy you lunch for your generosity sir. Thanks again. KCM

Awesome purchase Mike! Congrats and looking forward to pics and thoughts once it arrives.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Great decision Mike. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once this little beauty arrives with you!

Congrats on the putter, Mike! As for lunch, not necessary at all. We should try to meet up this year though and get a round in.

Back