Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched it about 30x on Sportscenter this morning. Unreal!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

This. I just kept rewinding it and watching it over and over.

Steel Tappin'

Oh man I want to watch that dunk now. I'm sure I'll catch it on SC later.

Very good dunk. Call me crazy, but I don't think they're as good if he doesn't get the rim. That was monsterous, but I love a dunk when the guy almost shatters the backboard. And that was better than Mazgov (sp?).

Very good dunk. Call me crazy, but I don't think they're as good if he doesn't get the rim. That was monsterous, but I love a dunk when the guy almost shatters the backboard. And that was better than Mazgov (sp?).

In his interview post game, he eluded something to it being better because his fingers touched the rim unlike Mazgov. Pretty sweet either way!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

In his interview post game, he eluded something to it being better because his fingers touched the rim unlike Mazgov. Pretty sweet either way!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Oh yeah. That was a beastly dunk!

He is ridiculous. Very few attack the basket like Griffin.

Griffin is a man child for sure but no way is that the best dunk of all time or even this year. Not sure what everyone is freaking out about. He didnt even really dunk it. He threw it in from a distance but over some dudes head, which is impressive yes. A dunk should involve destroying the rim and shattering some glass if possible.

Griffin is a man child for sure but no way is that the best dunk of all time or even this year. Not sure what everyone is freaking out about. He didnt even really dunk it. He threw it in from a distance but over some dudes head, which is impressive yes. A dunk should involve destroying the rim and shattering some glass if possible.

Agreeeeed.

KMac knows what's up.

Good dunk - Yes
Great dunk - No

To me, if he would have actually grabbed the rim or even hung on it, it would have been great. He pretty much threw it in the hoop.

Good dunk - Yes
Great dunk - No

To me, if he would have actually grabbed the rim or even hung on it, it would have been great. He pretty much threw it in the hoop.

He threw it into the hoop because a huge friggin guy was pushing him away from the basket! Another term/slang for dunk is 'throwin it down'...to me, he threw that down with some serious force...

i get that it wasnt super clean or anything but if that is classified as a dunk, which i think it is, i think its a pretty damn amazing one.

I'm sorry - that's the dunk of the year. Kendrick Perkins is a BIG dude - we're talking 6'10", 270. Is it the best dunk of all time? No. Is it the best dunk of the season? Most definitely.

Best dunk of all time? Jerome Lane shattering the backboard or Vinsanity jumping over Weis in the 2000 Olympics.

[video=youtube;XMrPjl-927Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q[/video]

[video=youtube;-i0FdOAg9eg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0FdOAg9eg[/video]

What Griffin did was barely a dunk. A dunk involves getting your hand over the rim and grabbing it. And c'mon, why does LeBron's dunk get no credit? Having the coordination to leap OVER A HUMAN BEING and catch a lob with one hand and put it in the hoop is unbelievable. Griffin jumped up and threw the ball at the hoop. A good "dunk", yes, but nowhere near the dunk of the year. Not even as good as his dunk over Gallo.

Yea that vince dunk was crazy and it did pretty much scare frederic weis from coming to the NBA. Im probably alone on this, but i actually think the griffin dunk was better given the context. I know Weis is over 7ft tall but he just gave way like a foam noodle.....god i do love that dunk though....maybe i will give it to vince.

And that Lane dunk is sick but i also think that if hoops were still made like that, we'd be seeing about 100 broken backboards a season.

The Lane dunk just has the 'mystique' and 'Send it in, Jerome' has become an icon in college basketball. Just a great overall package of a dunk.

Nothing tops VC.

As far as Griffin, dude, that's a dunk. That's a bonafide manly dunk. He went over and through Kendrick Perkins. He caught a little of the rim. Just look at how far away he was and how high he got up - it's absolutely unreal.

Dwight Howard threw it in the rim for his Superman dunk a few years back. Honestly, it's probably more difficult.

But there was nothing weak about Griffin's dunk. And, personally, I don't think you'll see a better dunk all year. LeBron jumped over a dude that didn't see him coming (and he's 5'11"). Blake dunked over a 6'10" monster who can play some defense.

Steel Tappin'

But the fact the LeBron jumped clean over a guy and caught a lob while doing so and still dinked it? Wow. Yeah Griffin dunked over a guy, but that happens more than people think. Recall Baron Davis?

Speaking of dunks with great situations and calls and such, this is my favorite dunk of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRzuvmasMc

That was an amazing dunk by itself, but add in the situation and call and it is one of the best ever IMO.

Just saw it again and realized that Blake's dunk could've easily been called an offensive foul as with many of his dunks. He's gotta be less forceful with his off-hand on dunks. He could get called one of these days.

Just saw it again and realized that Blake's dunk could've easily been called an offensive foul as with many of his dunks. He's gotta be less forceful with his off-hand on dunks. He could get called one of these days.

And every other basket that every star player scores could be called traveling.

Steel Tappin'

And every other basket that every star player scores could be called traveling.

Steel Tappin'

Well not all, and it isn't often that the traveling helps them score. It usually happens on breakaways and such where they would score anyways. But I hear what you're saying. Still, Perkins is getting an unfair rap because Blake pushed him down as he jumped. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

Well not all, and it isn't often that the traveling helps them score. It usually happens on breakaways and such where they would score anyways. But I hear what you're saying. Still, Perkins is getting an unfair rap because Blake pushed him down as he jumped. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

We usually seem to be on the same page with sports but Perkins was posterized, haha.

LeBron travels a ton when he drives to the basket! Why do you think us Wizards fans labeled him LeCrab (crab dribble, LeBron?? Really??) when that rivalry was actually relevant.

Steel Tappin'

Yeah I'm just not seeing it with that dunk. Stephen A said it really well on SC today. I totally agreed with him. But we can agree to disagree. I think/hope we see better this season.

We usually seem to be on the same page with sports but Perkins was posterized, haha.

LeBron travels a ton when he drives to the basket! Why do you think us Wizards fans labeled him LeCrab (crab dribble, LeBron?? Really??) when that rivalry was actually relevant.

Very, very true. Also (off topic) VC was one of the best in-game dunkers professional basketball has ever seen, that man know(s) how to throw it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back