Nike VR Pro Driver

I wanted to bring this thread back to the top. I've been looking at the VR Pro Str8-fit driver (not LE), and I'm interested to hear other's thoughts. The price on that driver right now is pretty ridiculous (you can find them for under $150).

I'm always looking for a driver with a lower ball flights. (I tend to hit "moon shots" that kill me on windy days.) If anyone has thoughts on the VR Pro with a PX shaft, I'm all ears.
Love my Str8-Fit VR Pro Tour with PX 6.0 It drives away nicely. I do however like the face of the LE after I hit it. The VR Pro has more of a "clank" feel & sound whereas the LE has a nice feel and hot at contact.

Can't speak for the driver, but the 3wood is a beast!

Thanks. Amazingly, I still play an old Callaway Warbird 3-Wood (circa 1994). Stock length, lie and a regular shaft, and I absolutely crush it. I have the same type of 5-Wood, too, with the same results. It's like Eli Callaway had me in mind when the company made them.

As the years have gone by, I've thought about getting new technology for the fairway woods. I just can't get myself to get rid of those clubs, even though they are almost 20 years old.

The VR Pro Str8fit is low spin,accurate and good looking......but as 2shoes stated , it has a clanky, toinky loud sound!!! UGH...fairway woods are VERY solid.....I'm 92-95 and hit it with stock retail non-tour issued but not a made for PX 5.5.....Trying a Diablo edge tour right now until the 2012 drivers are fully out..... i20, fast 12 LS, Razr-fit, VR_S........but these are gonna have a hard time unseating my new bomber.....DET!!!

Nike VR Pro Driver setting

Nike VR Pro Driver setting

I just received a Nike VR Pro driver head with the str8-fit adapter (not the limited edition). No shaft attached. So according to Nike website, this head is 1 degree open at neutral setting. If I want to make the face square at address, how should I set the str8-fit adapter? There is a small notch in the the str8fit adapter.

Back