superhawk

Reaction score
Handicap
me
Last year I switched to jumbo grips on my irons and they feel fantastic. I'm 43, 6'2" with big hands, and have a little arthritis. These jumbos fit me better and take some sting out of bad hits. What grips do you use? These are WINN Master Grip Jumbos. Pic below...jumbo on right, with "regular" grip on left for comparison.

View attachment 3669

THP Pure Grips

I use golf pride tour wrap jumbo with 4 wraps. The bigger grips really help with arthritis!

Golf Pride New Decade multicompound

got through the entire year(well over 50 rounds) with these and won't change them for a few months. They aren't worn at all really.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G's (Midsize)

Going with Iomic this year. White ones. Playah.

Soon to be THP Pure grips.

THP Pure Grips

+ 1 to this.

Although if I had arthritis like my wife does, I would have to consider something a bit larger than standard.

Black Widow Edge. When it got hot last year they had a nice feel.

Blue Golf Pride VDRs on all except my driver, which has a red one. Golf Pride Tour wrap Red on my putter.

Woods - White/Black multi compound
Irons/Wedges - Golf Pride Tour Velvet
Putter - White Player Wrap.

I have been hearing a lot about these Pure grips lately. So they are the real deal huh? Do you guys install them yourself?

I just put some new grips onto the clubs I bought a few weeks ago, the grips were too small. I use GP Tour Wrap midsize with 3 tape wraps. Jumbos are too big, these are just right. I put Crosslines on my wedges, same mid size with 3 wraps.

I have been hearing a lot about these Pure grips lately. So they are the real deal huh? Do you guys install them yourself?

Yes, they are the real deal. I did install mine. All you need is: clean shafts, PURE grips, PURE install gun, and an air compressor.

Can also install the traditional way but WAY quicker with the gun & compressor.

Yes, they are the real deal. I did install mine. All you need is: clean shafts, PURE grips, PURE install gun, and an air compressor.

Can also install the traditional way but WAY quicker with the gun & compressor.

Plus, PURE Grips are made in the good ole' U S of A. So that is a big kicker for me. I am really intrigued by PURE and the air gun installation process. So much so, that I have begun pricing compressors!

My current grips are:

Lamkin X10 on driver and three wood
Lamkin REL 3GEN gray on everything else
Lamkin Crossline Paddle on the putter

The only grip I will use is the THP Pure grips. Great grip and fun logo.

Standard Golf Pride Tour Wrap.

They feel good, the new ones are quite tacky (in a good way) and are inexpensive so I can change them frequently. Also, by consistently using the same grips, I can change driver and wedges more often than mid-irons (which get less use) and remain consistent through the set.

I've been playing Winn 3DSI grips for awhile. I like a soft grip and these are that and are 1/64th inch undersized which helps me release the club a little easier. That may be more mental than anything else. But, hey, whaterver works! Right? I am eyeballing those THP Pure grips though. I doubt that I'll be re-gripping anytime soon, however, because in serious search mode for a new set of irons.

I'm old school. I still use Golf Pride Green Victory grips. I even use one in mid size on my putter. Regular size on everything else.

VictoryGrips.jpg

I have PURE grips on my clubs at the moment and really like them. I'm going to hopefully keep the stock grips that come on the RBZ irons throughout the testing even if I have to have them lengthened. After testing I'll probably throw some THP PURE grips on them.

Ive been thinking about re-gripping mine while I'm down this summer, do the thicker grips really help? I am looking for something that will help me with squeezing the grips too hard and muscling the shot during the swing.

I have new decade multi compound on there currently. I have a full set of THP pure grips when I need to replace them. Likely around mid season.

I have been a Tour Velvet guy for a long time. I don't know why, familiarity I suppose. However, I decided that I think I am going to be playing these grips this season:

lamkin-3gen-grip-xl.jpg

Lamkin 3Gen's. I think they look good and I want white grips.

I have been a Tour Velvet guy for a long time. I don't know why, familiarity I suppose. However, I decided that I think I am going to be playing these grips this season:

lamkin-3gen-grip-xl.jpg

Lamkin 3Gen's. I think they look good and I want white grips.

Have you noticed brand new tour velvets feel super mushy for the first 2-3 rounds?

Back