Introducing Swingbyte

my ipad and iphone smell a testing opportunity....for $149 this device is definitely worth it. Love how he said 'we leave the stuff out that we dont do well' Love honesty in a product's capabilities like that

I agree with the self diagnosing part...but to me it would be worth it just to be able to verify that you are "doing what you are trying to do"....if your instructor wants you to try and come more from the inside or close the face a little more in the back swing or whatever.....those are the kind of things that are really hard to know if you are doing correctly or enough.....this could give you instanct feedback about those kind of things.

When you look at it that way, I think it's a home run.

I just thought of something else this thing can do that a launch monitor can't.....since it transmits to your smartphone you could actually take this out on the course and use it during a round with it recording every single swing.

Wonder why you blocked that drive on #13? Let's go look at the swing and see!

I am telling you if they sold this thing right now it would already be on it's way to my house!

I do think some will find great value in that. Personally, the minute I start thinking about those things is when I start hitting the ball worse, especially on the course. I'd much rather forget it and move on than step up the next tee with a mind full of swing thoughts.

Definitely just a personal thing and I do believe it could be helpful to many people.

I do think some will find great value in that. Personally, the minute I start thinking about those things is when I start hitting the ball worse, especially on the course. I'd much rather forget it and move on than step up the next tee with a mind full of swing thoughts.

Definitely just a personal thing and I do believe it could be helpful to many people.

I would agree with this. I could see myself using it every time I go to the range but not on the course.

This sounds great, can't wait to see a forum test.

This may be a skim, but does it log all of your swings, or can you only view the last one. It woudl be great to go out and view all of your say, driver swings for the last round. Look at what worked and what didn't work. Try to figure out how much it slows down throughout the day etc.

This may be a skim, but does it log all of your swings, or can you only view the last one. It woudl be great to go out and view all of your say, driver swings for the last round. Look at what worked and what didn't work. Try to figure out how much it slows down throughout the day etc.

I believe as you swing it transfers that data to your iPad, iPhone, etc via BlueTooth and captures it to be viewed later. So you could look at it and review rights then or look at 20 swings when you get home. My understanding at least from what I have read online.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

This sounds great, can't wait to see a forum test.

I dont believe we will be doing a forum test with this. We will be doing a home page review without a doubt though.

C'mon dude, I know a little more than nothing... :beat-up:
I ma on the fence with the self diagnosing part, but, it sure would be nice to have instant feedback instead of getting a frind who knows nothing to help

This little tool is going to be great for me I think. Their website doesn't have a lot of information, but I would be interested to know if you can segment the swings you take. Say you are working on a draw or a knockdown shot and switch to your driver and then to practicing 9-3 swings. Could you segment those 4 types of swings and see averages of those.

I would agree with this. I could see myself using it every time I go to the range but not on the course.

I'm pretty sure it would be against USGA rules to use it on the course, as it would be an external attachment to your club. I'm also guessing you need to input data about your club....otherwise I'm not sure how it can measure club head speed when it is attached just below the grip.

I'm pretty sure it would be against USGA rules to use it on the course, as it would be an external attachment to your club. I'm also guessing you need to input data about your club....otherwise I'm not sure how it can measure club head speed when it is attached just below the grip.

I am not talking about using it during competitive rounds, just in practice rounds...if it stores all your swings for a session on your IPAD or IPHONE....you could go back and "go through an entire practice round looking at every swing to see what you did right on the good shots and what you did wrong on the bad ones"

I am really excited about this device, I only wish I could get it now!

Hi guys,

I'm one of the Swingbyte founders and the technical guy behind the product. I'm happy to try and answer any questions/comments/suggestions you may have. Feel free to post them here, or reach out to me directly.

the question i saw asked on this page about accessing swings -

- it will store as many swings as you have room for on your mobile device (a swing is ~16KiB), and 30 days or more online. you'll be able to review any swing you take on the spot or later at home.

thanks,
alex.

ps - mods please let me know if you'd like this elsewhere or not at all.

Hi guys,

I'm one of the Swingbyte founders and the technical guy behind the product. I'm happy to try and answer any questions/comments/suggestions you may have. Feel free to post them here, or reach out to me directly.

- it will store as many swings as you have room for on your mobile device (a swing is ~16KiB), and 30 days or more online. you'll be able to review any swing you take on the spot or later at home.

thanks,
alex.

Thanks for joining the conversation! The question I have was generally how does the device measure things like clubhead speed when it is attached just below the grip? Do you have to input data about your clubs, like loft and shaft length?

Hi guys,

thanks,
alex.

Nope this is great! We appreciate you coming to the forum to help answer questions!

Very cool. Sounds like something all golfers could use in one way or another. Sounds like a must have for us all!

Thanks for joining the conversation! The question I have was generally how does the device measure things like clubhead speed when it is attached just below the grip? Do you have to input data about your clubs, like loft and shaft length?

You're exactly right - we ask you for club info. When you first run the app, there's a quick registration process that asks for some basic biometrics (height, wrist-to-ground, etc). We then use that to prepopulate 14 clubs based on those parameters, and let you change things like length/loft/lie if you're not using "standard" clubs. Then we use that data to figure out things like absolute loft at impact, etc.

You're exactly right - we ask you for club info. When you first run the app, there's a quick registration process that asks for some basic biometrics (height, wrist-to-ground, etc). We then use that to prepopulate 14 clubs based on those parameters, and let you change things like length/loft/lie if you're not using "standard" clubs. Then we use that data to figure out things like absolute loft at impact, etc.

Okay, so if you switch clubs, do you need to tell the swingbyte device, or do you just tell your ipad/android device?

just the app - the device doesn't care.

Thanks for joining the thread! I am very excited to try this out whenever its available.

I imagine in a couple of years you will be able to add simulated ball flight and make a little indoor simulator out a device no bigger than the anti-shoplift units that were on the clubs I was demo-ing this morning. Hopefully you will need some investors by then!

thanks! just sign up on our site, we'll do right by the forum guys.

I can add that we have spoken to Swingbyte and will have a full review done for everybody around the time the device launches.

Hi guys,

thanks,
alex.

Glad to have you aboard Alex, I am absolutely in love with this device already just from what I have seen so far, can you give us a quick rundown of exactly what data you get from the device (clubhead speed, face angle, etc)

So far the only thing I have heard about this that I don't like is that I have to wait till April to get one!

I can add that we have spoken to Swingbyte and will have a full review done for everybody around the time the device launches.

I really can't wait to hear about it! This device could be really helpful for some, and it's at a great price point,

Glad to have you aboard Alex, I am absolutely in love with this device already just from what I have seen so far, can you give us a quick rundown of exactly what data you get from the device (clubhead speed, face angle, etc)

So far the only thing I have heard about this that I don't like is that I have to wait till April to get one!

thanks! so a small caveat before i post the numbers: we basically know everything about the club, but we focused on what numbers are of most use to a golfer. we're very open to hearing other things that you think are important, and can try to incorporate some of those into subsequent (free) app updates.

so - numbers displayed explicitly:

at address:
club loft, lie, face

at impact:
club head speed, club loft, lie, face, angle of attack, club path and tempo,

throughout the swing:
club head speed, linear acceleration, plane angle

Back