DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
anyone still playing this club? It's still one of my favorite drivers...

I am thinking of putting this back into my bag because at this point I can't spend another dime on clubs...

proshop004.jpg

My little brother has one, it's his "practice/back-up" driver it's a consistent stick for sure but what's wrong with your 905?

I have a love/hate with the 905... it's a great control driver but I'd like a little more distance. I actually hit the 983 longer but at 365CC its a little rough if don't find the center of the clubface

I have a love/hate with the 905... it's a great control driver but I'd like a little more distance. I actually hit the 983 longer but at 365CC its a little rough if don't find the center of the clubface

Yeah that was my issue with going with a smaller head, I love the feel and the lack of restrictions on my swing speed but if I don't square the club head just in time and come in on plane.....forget about it. On another note I recently hit the cultish 907D4 Tour issue, I'm really shocked Titleist never released that head to the masses.

Yeah that was my issue with going with a smaller head, I love the feel and the lack of restrictions on my swing speed but if I don't square the club head just in time and come in on plane.....forget about it. On another note I recently hit the cultish 907D4 Tour issue, I'm really shocked Titleist never released that head to the masses.

yeah... I am as well. The design certainly morphed well into the 909D3. I have only hit the 909 series a small bit and I wasn't impressed. I'd need to hit the drivers with real shafts before I could determine how I feel on them.

Yeah I've not used a 909 that was not the stock Titleist Voodoo or the Diamana and since I didn't like either of those shafts it did not translate well for my overall impressions of the 909 series. I have not hit the 909DComp yet though.

i used to play a 905s which was a smaller titleist driver. loved it, especially with a v2 highlaunch. that was probably my most consistent driver when i was playing well, but the forgiveness just wasnt enough for the one day in a tournament where you need all of it you can get

the S is a super low spin driver... deep face but tough to hit

i loved it, but one day i played really poorly in a tournament because my swing was off and that driver had no forgiveness so it was done

I dont find Titleist woods to be at all forgiving. I had a 975J driver and I couldnt hit that thing worth a darn.
From my Titleist driver to my Mizuno driver is a night and day difference in terms of forgivness.
I also had a PT Bore-Thru 3-wood and it was the same deal. When I hit the ball solidly it worked great, but if I was off just a little bit it was interesting because you never knew which fairway the ball was going to land in. My Mizzie 4-wood is way more forgiving.
From what Ive been told though, Titleist clubs are for, "better" players, so maybe I would have been happier with a Cobra...

the 975 and PT Bore Through are almost going back TOO far... they were incredibly small heads and forgiveness definitely never came into the equation.Who knows if it'll find its way back into the bag...

i have a friend who still plays a 983k and he stripes the ball. he is a 2 handicap though so he isnt looking for forgiveness necessarily

Back