What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to the course pro shop and baught an old clevelend cg12 52 degree wedge. and a classic scotty cameron. tried them out in 18 shot a 73!!:alien2:

Now that's a god day! Bought a Scotty Cameron, and damn near shot par!

Last night I cut down 2 putters. One to 33.5 and the other to 33. Saved the grip on one and added a different one to the other.

Played 18 this morning and it was one of the most enjoyable rounds I think I ever played.

continuing to research courses to play for my trip to Vegas in 4 weeks!

Just had my irons re-gripped with Blue, Golf Pride, New Decade Multicompound grips. (Jeez, that's a mouth full) I love these grips!

You know, just a thought...

I bet this thread will be lid up over the next few days with the TM release. Really looking forward to hearing how many folks tested or ever purchased the new TM gear.

Beautiful day, snuck out to the range at lunch for some R11 iron/SCOR wedge loving. Swing is rusty as hades, but felt good to be whacking away.

Hit the range for a hour, raging winds strait in the face. It was brutal, only hit 6 iron while working on my swing and my back is killing me.

THP & watched a little TGC, I have been unable to get to the golf course for 2 weeks now and am not sure when I can get back. The weather has been pretty awesome too.

The GF wanted to go to the range so she could hit her new Cobra driver and three wood. So I watched her hit some balls (very well too, we finally got her an offset model to help combat her rights and it was working flawlessly). Watching her enjoy hitting the ball straight for a change was so much fun for me. I hit a bucket myself and it was nice having her around. She convinced me to just relax and swing easy and the results were fantastic. Crisp iron shots with my baby fade. I was happy!

A bit of THP'ing and placed a few orders:

Inflatable SwingGlide
Bridgestone windshirt made by Antigua
USGA membership

Hung out on THP and got an epic package from them as well!

I took off work this afternoon to relieve some stress and walk 18 holes. I've been struggling a lot lately, but I played fairly well today. I couldn't putt worth a crap, but other than that, everything went well. I had about 6 or 7 birdie putts that were inside of 10 - 12 feet and didn't make a single one of them. I ended up shooting an 80, but it could have been much better.

So, it's 10:30 AM, how is this thread not lit up with, "I just tested the new TM sticks..." :blob:

Took my 3 year old to the course yesterday evening. Went to the practice green and worked on my short game. It's hard to focus when your target keeps moving but he was having fun so that is all that matters.

Wait... You were hitting balls at your kid?
Took my 3 year old to the course yesterday evening. Went to the practice green and worked on my short game. It's hard to focus when your target keeps moving but he was having fun so that is all that matters.

just THP'ing so far

Wait... You were hitting balls at your kid?

Only when he won't stop talking. I have found that a nice bladed wedge to his forehead gets him to stop talking for 3-5 minutes.

Actually at our course we have several of those small markers that stick in the ground. He likes to pull them up and move them as my ball is rolling that direction.

Went to hit the RocketBallz 3H, and loved the distance but hated the shaft. Going to wait to try out the RBZ 2H Tour TP with the upgraded shaft..... However - I did end up buying this beauty today - for $80! This is in near mint condition, probably 9 out of 10.

sole.jpg

shaft.jpg

face-1.jpg

Wow nice pick up, that thing looks brand new.

Went to hit the RocketBallz 3H, and loved the distance but hated the shaft. Going to wait to try out the RBZ 2H Tour TP with the upgraded shaft..... However - I did end up buying this beauty today - for $80! This is in near mint condition, probably 9 out of 10.

sole.jpg

shaft.jpg

face-1.jpg

Good find and a great price.

Wow nice pick up, that thing looks brand new.

Good find and a great price.

Yea guys got completely lucky... Couldn't believe the price when I looked at it. The shaft rocks - I was able to lay into it without worry. A solid offering from Miyazaki. I am heading out now to play - walking 18 with my girls father at his Club. Kind of cold - so hopefully it's empty and then Ill have plenty of chances to match this up against my Adams Super Black.

Starting to finalize my packing. Turns out there is a chance of rain or rain everyday while I'm gone. Checked my room for the first night stay... the description is awesome of this room. Accessible 1 double bed smoking room with free wi-fi safety bars bathroom rails and raised toilet. Should I be excited about this? Because I find myself pumped about this room.

Alex

Nice find Berty!

Nice find Berty!

So just went out and walked 18. Didnt really keep score although I played real well.

And..... - what the heck was I thinking having never hit the Mashie before??! I mean my bad mis-hits made it out there almost 200 in the fairway. This thing is absolutely awesome! I immediately picked up 10+ yards over my Adams - and hit it so much more consistently. Used it off 5 tees, hit 3 fairways, and was on the fringe of both long par 3s I played.

So the Adams is out of the bag haha - and now I'm torn between waiting for the RBZ 2h - or just grabbing a cheap Mashie M1. I mean if I can hit the M2 220, I should be able to hit the M1 230+, and that would be awesome to fill in between M2 and Driver. The only problem with my M2 is they didn't have the cool headcover at Golfsmith - haha. I'm SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back