Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious post on Twitter with regards to how these kids choose where to go to college. This guy was choosing between Auburn and Clemson, and actually said this:
RT @bjmillican #Auburn signee Cassanova McKinzy says the lack of a @ChickfilA on campus played a factor in picking the Tigers over #Clemson.
RT @bjmillican "Plus they had no @ChickfilA on campus, like you had to go like probably 15 minutes off campus to like a real restaurant"

They cant stop showing these kids picking where they're going to (get paid) school soon enough. Its just getting to be too much anymore. No wonder they act the way they do.

Hilarious post on Twitter with regards to how these kids choose where to go to college. This guy was choosing between Auburn and Clemson, and actually said this:
RT @bjmillican #Auburn signee Cassanova McKinzy says the lack of a @ChickfilA on campus played a factor in picking the Tigers over #Clemson.
RT @bjmillican "Plus they had no @ChickfilA on campus, like you had to go like probably 15 minutes off campus to like a real restaurant"

That's awesome. Clemson is an unusual place compared to other college towns I've been in.

Apparently there is a Chickfila on campus at Clemson afterall, I'm guess that was a joke.

Despite pending sanctions, I'm very happy to see my Canes #9 on Rivals.com recruiting rankings. Golden did an amazing job keeping some of the best local talent (Tracy Howard #1 CB & Duke Johnson #1 RB) in Miami. Hope he can build a better program starting with these 33 new recruits.

Despite pending sanctions, I'm very happy to see my Canes #9 on Rivals.com recruiting rankings. Golden did an amazing job keeping some of the best local talent (Tracy Howard #1 CB & Duke Johnson #1 RB) in Miami. Hope he can build a better program starting with these 33 new recruits.

How do you sign 33 recruits? Not throwing rocks, but where will you put them on your 85 man roster? I thought there was a 25 per year rule with 28 total if you placed 3 against previous years with only 85 schollys at any one time. Is that not right?

How do you sign 33 recruits? Not throwing rocks, but where will you put them on your 85 man roster? I thought there was a 25 per year rule with 28 total if you placed 3 against previous years with only 85 schollys at any one time. Is that not right?

DD - I think the maximum of 28 with three backcounters is only the SEC rule (although I think the NCAA is about to adopt the same). In Miami's case, I think they are able to count 8 guys as backcounters to the 2011 class.

8 kids enrolled in spring. Counts towards 2011.

DD, thats an SEC rule. They had to limit our numbers to allow the rest of College Football to catch up. hehe.

Yea, I think all Horns knew that was coming after his visit there last weekend. No surprise. But what is even funnier, at the end of the season last year (November) when DGB took his visit to Texas, it came out that a current WR (Davis) was heard telling DGB not to come here. Well, Davis was then let go and ended up at Muzzu for next year. Now DGB is there playing and probably going to cut into his time. What comes around goes around.
When did Davis leave? I haven't heard anything about that.

When did Davis leave? I haven't heard anything about that.

Davis has not gone anywhere. Darius White is the guy who was bad mouthing Texas to recruits and is gone.

I was at the Ft. Worth Longhorn Foundation recruiting roundup today and Coach Wyatt said that Mike Davis has rededicated himself and has become a leader of the off season workouts. They are expecting big things from him next year.

Davis has not gone anywhere. Darius White is the guy who was bad mouthing Texas to recruits and is gone.

I was at the Ft. Worth Longhorn Foundation recruiting roundup today and Coach Wyatt said that Mike Davis has rededicated himself and has become a leader of the off season workouts. They are expecting big things from him next year.
Whoops, sorry, it was White......Davis is still good to go as a Longhorn. Didn't mean to scare any Longhorns out there. Ha!

This is kind of cool whether your a Longhorn fan or just a college football fan. Jake Raulerson out of Celina, TX was the first verbal commitment for Texas for the 2013 class. This was his call to Mack Brown today to tell him he wanted to be a Longhorn. This kid had over 24 offers already from all the SEC teams to Stanford. You watch all the ESPN clowns from National Signing Day a couple of days ago but we never really get to see the guys, that in my opinion, to it the right way and act like they've been there. Looks like a good kid.

attachment.php

"Dominance of the SEC" is over...USC was beat down by Paul Dee from the U of Miami (the dirtiest of all programs). Now, USC will unleash the full power of the Death Star on College Football.

SEC needs to put out 33 Scholarships, USC only needs 12 to win a National Championship.

2002: #22 Auburn @ USC: USC 24, Auburn 17
2003: USC @ #5 Auburn: USC 23, Auburn 0
2005: Arkansas @ USC: USC 70, Arkansas 17
2006: USC @ Arkansas: USC 50, Arkansas 14

Oh yeah, this is my favorite...1941 Alabama Claims National Championship with an AP Rank of #20 (9-2 record - both losses they were shut out!).

I guess the PAC could have won a few of those championships if we only played 8 conference games and 4 cupcake teams from the Sun Belt. I'm not a genius, but how do SEC schools play a cupcake in their own stadium and are allowed to call it an away game?

Btw, the ONLY two teams who have NEVER played a FCS school? ...USC and Notre Dame.

PAC12 - The CONFERENCE of CHAMPIONS!

In my bag
Driver: :taylormade: Superfast 2.0 (10.5°)/ Matrix Ozick XCon-4.8 Flex S
Fairway Metals: :taylormade: R11 5 Wood / Blur by Fujikura Flex S
Irons: :taylormade: TP MB 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Steel
Gap Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong
Sand Wedge: Dunlop Recover Wedge, 64° - Old and needs to be replaced.
Putter: :odyssey: 2Ball SRT White Hot XG - Belly Putter
Ball: Nike One Vapor Speed

attachment.php

"Dominance of the SEC" is over...USC was beat down by Paul Dee from the U of Miami (the dirtiest of all programs). Now, USC will unleash the full power of the Death Star on College Football.

SEC needs to put out 33 Scholarships, USC only needs 12 to win a National Championship.

My only comment: That was then and this is now.​

attachment.php

Oh yeah, this is my favorite...1941 Alabama Claims National Championship with an AP Rank of #20 (9-2 record - both losses they were shut out!).

I guess the PAC could have won a few of those championships if we only played 8 conference games and 4 cupcake teams from the Sun Belt. I'm not a genius, but how do SEC schools play a cupcake in their own stadium and are allowed to call it an away game?

Btw, the ONLY two teams who have NEVER played a FCS school? ...USC and Notre Dame.

PAC12 - The CONFERENCE of CHAMPIONS!

Lol at all this.

--
tapatalk

DD, thats an SEC rule. They had to limit our numbers to allow the rest of College Football to catch up. hehe.
Big 12 is 25 with 3 that can be thrown into the previous class if they enroll early. So for Texas this year, they signed 28 and were able to put 3 into last years signings because they only signed 22. So it's up to 50 in a 2 year process.

My only comment: That was then and this is now. [/LEFT]
attachment.php

First, thank you for the repost with the quote and putting the USC Trojans picture up again...makes me smile every time I see it :0

...For the record...Arkansas is the ONLY team in the SEC I like (two of my better friends are from Little Rock and Fayetteville).

Yup, this is now...PAC has 3 teams equal to the top 3 in the SEC IMO. I'd easily pick USC over Alabama, LSU over Stanford, and Oregon over Georgia. I also think the mediocre teams in each conference are fairly even. But, that's my opinion.

HERE IS A QUESTION FOR YOU...

Where do you see Missouri and Texas A&M falling in the SEC ranks.. Personally, I think they'll be smack in the center of mediocrity (6-6 or maybe 7-5). Another question here is adding up to 14 teams, will this water down the bottom 4 teams? I.e. Will we see two or three SEC teams finish 2-10? or 3-9?

Too bad your best team for the past two years has crapped the bed against the SEC the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trojan, Reggie Bush sends his regards from Miami... Home of the dirtiest college program, of course. LMFAO!!!

Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!

Reggie, the guy who gave the south their first Superbowl in since Tampa Bay...and 20 years of nothing before that. :)

...Miami deserves the death penalty. Paul Dee had so much Trojan envy. They had NOTHING on USC. USC did NOTHING. U of Miami let that criminal have access to players, used him to help recruit, the president of the U was buddy buddy. Miami deserves the Death Penalty (unless of course Jimmy Johnson comes back, because I'd actually like to watch that spectacle over again :)

I'm not even sure why I am giving you the time of day. USC lost the last BCS championship game they played in, the SEC has never lost one. The SEC is either 7-0 or 8-1 in the BCS championship game, depending on how you want to look at this year's game. The Pac 10 is 1-2, and no other conference has a winning record. And if you look back on what has occurred since 2004, I think its safe to say Auburn should have been USC's opponent, and maybe we would be talking about the SEC being 9-1 and the Pac 10 being 0-3, but we'll never know that would have happend and to debate it is pointless. The SEC is the king of college football right now, and they will hold that crown until they are taken down, better luck next year.

I will agree with you on one point though, Alabama straight up pulls a couple championships out of their butt.

I haven't looked it up as of this year, but as of August 2011 the PAC10 was the ONLY conference with a winning record against all other conferences in the BCS era.

The SEC has an easier road to the NC Game. 8 Conference games rather than the 9 the PAC and BIG10 play. Also, would you rather play teams from the Sun Belt Conference or the MWC? I'd actually take the WAC over the Sunbelt conference.

Here is a great artical about the SEC and why Southern Folk are crazy about football...
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6936235/s-e-c-s-e-c-s-e-c

It all comes down to this...an inferiority complex, which stemmed from getting their butts kicked in the Civil War. I also find it intriguing that the south (besides Vanderbilt) doesn't have any academic claims. The school with the most NCAA Titles is also one of the hardest to get into (Stanford). Cal is the #1 Public College in the US. And, USC and UCLA are ranked in the top 20 of academic institutions. In fact, the best academic school in the SEC is Florida, which is ranked 58th. Of course, we are talking about the SEC (which isn't known for academics...and as a result can sign 33 players knowing 3-4 won't be academically eligible and they gray shirt another 3-4).

Unfortunately, the PAC has to recruit players who can actually get accepted into a real college.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back