TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Dang G4L sounds like you were crushing that RBZ!

I'm gonna go try the FW again today. Got my legs back under me. I don't think I won the driver either.

Kindle Fire Forged

Went to GS and hit the 3W today. I was seeing about 10 yards over my current 3W, but with a little wider dispersion. It was a sim though. Was fairly sorry from working out last night. Regardless I was very impressed with this club. Ball seemed to really fly off the face. Needless to say I bought one... Off to try and get on a course so I can see if the sum numbers translate to real play.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I may head to Golf Galaxy today after its died down a tad and swing the RBZ 3 wood.

Went to my local Golf Galaxy this morning and took the RBZ 3 wood challenge. Prize: One RBZ ball for every yrd gained vs. Your current 3 wood.

Verdict: Hit my current 3 wood (Taylormade Burner) a total carry distance of 236yrds. Hit the RBZ 3 wood a total carry distance of 272 yrds.

Both had their respective stock Stiff flex shafts and 15degree lofts. And although I didnt walk out with 36 new RBZ balls (Max allowable is12), I am thoroughly impressed!!! :clapp:

Just got back from Golf Galaxy. I brought my current 3w (Superfast 2.0) and was getting around 225-230 carry. When I hit the RBZ 3w, I was getting 245-250 carry. I hit the Superfast more pure than the RBZ, more likley because I warmed up more with it. I was really happy with the numbers considering I wasn't loose and hadn't eaten yet, haha.

So I ended up walking out of the store with a brand new RBZ 3w. My new driver replacement.

Just got back from Golf Galaxy. I brought my current 3w (Superfast 2.0) and was getting around 225-230 carry. When I hit the RBZ 3w, I was getting 245-250 carry. I hit the Superfast more pure than the RBZ, more likley because I warmed up more with it. I was really happy with the numbers considering I wasn't loose and hadn't eaten yet, haha.

So I ended up walking out of the store with a brand new RBZ 3w. My new driver replacement.
Carrying the RBZ 250 yards? Thats some serious distance.

Jeez, that is just crazy, yo! I'm going to have to test this out this weekend. (That is, if they don't sell out of them by the time I get there.)

Went to my local Golf Galaxy this morning and took the RBZ 3 wood challenge. Prize: One RBZ ball for every yrd gained vs. Your current 3 wood.

Verdict: Hit my current 3 wood (Taylormade Burner) a total carry distance of 236yrds. Hit the RBZ 3 wood a total carry distance of 272 yrds.

Both had their respective stock Stiff flex shafts and 15degree lofts. And although I didnt walk out with 36 new RBZ balls (Max allowable is12), I am thoroughly impressed!!! :clapp:

Wow - those are some really impressive numbers. How far do you normally hit your driver?

Stop it! You guys are going to make me go out and spend some bread in a RBZ 3w...

I like that they let you bring in your current 3wood to do a comparo. Well done fellas! And congrats butters!

I just got back from PGA SS, and I was able to resist the temptation to RBZ. I didn't take my actual 3W in, but they had a demo 910FD with a similar shaft, so I hit that one.

I just can't seem to hit in those simulators worth a darn. I don't know if I'm over-swinging, nervous with all the people moving around, or if I just suck, but I rarely hit anything similar to what I hit outdoors. My 3W off the mat was carrying just a little under 200 yards, and then rolling another 20 or so. A good 10 yards short of what I usually see on the course. Also a MUCH lower trajectory than what I usually see. I switched to the RBZ, and while I saw total yardage improvement, I couldn't hit the ball in the air. I was getting launch of angles of just 8 or 9 degrees sometimes. Those low shots were travelling pretty well, though, with a carry about the same as my Titleist, but a lot of roll. My average shot was about 11 yards longer than my Titleist average, but I didn't like the way it was getting there.

I hit both the regular and stiff flex shafts, and I had slightly better results with the stiff flex.

I'm intrigued by the distance gains, but I need to demo these at a driving range before I'm willing to put down the cash. Right now the Adams Fast 12 3W has a slight lead in my ponder list.

I like that they let you bring in your current 3wood to do a comparo. Well done fellas! And congrats butters!

+1 The side by side comparison will help boost sales, I'm sure. Smart, very smart.

I just got back from PGA SS, and I was able to resist the temptation to RBZ. I didn't take my actual 3W in, but they had a demo 910FD with a similar shaft, so I hit that one.

I just can't seem to hit in those simulators worth a darn. I don't know if I'm over-swinging, nervous with all the people moving around, or if I just suck, but I rarely hit anything similar to what I hit outdoors. My 3W off the mat was carrying just a little under 200 yards, and then rolling another 20 or so. A good 10 yards short of what I usually see on the course. Also a MUCH lower trajectory than what I usually see. I switched to the RBZ, and while I saw total yardage improvement, I couldn't hit the ball in the air. I was getting launch of angles of just 8 or 9 degrees sometimes. Those low shots were travelling pretty well, though, with a carry about the same as my Titleist, but a lot of roll. My average shot was about 11 yards longer than my Titleist average, but I didn't like the way it was getting there.

I hit both the regular and stiff flex shafts, and I had slightly better results with the stiff flex.

I'm intrigued by the distance gains, but I need to demo these at a driving range before I'm willing to put down the cash. Right now the Adams Fast 12 3W has a slight lead in my ponder list.

I would want to test them outside if I could as well man. Or at least test inside without the massive audience.

I'm beginning to drool over these things. I like seeing that everyone is really noticing a gain over their previous woods. I'm playing an older Nike sq2 3W and it might just be time to replace that bad boy. I'll try to swing by GG tonight or tomorrow to see give it a whack.

Well, I went to GG at lunch and hit the RBZ Driver, 3W and 3 Hybrid.....I didn't have my current 3W with me to compare but they had a comparable demo so I hit it......My 3W carry avg of 4 balls 223.....RBZ 3w carry avg of 4 balls 236 with a high of 247!! WOW!

I didnt hit the driver really well...don't know why....but I hit the 3H on average of 215...almost as far as my current 3W!

Well, I went to GG at lunch and hit the RBZ Driver, 3W and 3 Hybrid.....I didn't have my current 3W with me to compare but they had a comparable demo so I hit it......My 3W carry avg of 4 balls 223.....RBZ 3w carry avg of 4 balls 236 with a high of 247!! WOW!

I didnt hit the driver really well...don't know why....but I hit the 3H on average of 215...almost as far as my current 3W!

What is your current 3W and what shaft do you have?

What is your current 3W and what shaft do you have?

Sorry forgot it's not in my sig anymore.....TM Burner 09 15* with a stock stiff shaft

You seemed to have experienced what Kmac experience TBT. Nice! Did you snag one?

You seemed to have experienced what Kmac experience TBT. Nice! Did you snag one?

No, I resisted the urge..trying to save money up for MC trip you know:D..........but it wasn't easy!!

The first swing with the 3W was 241 carry....I was like WHAT?????

Like TBT I went to GG at lunch and took some swings with the RBZ 3w. I can't say that I was blown away with the numbers that I saw, but I didn't have my current 3w there to match them up. One thing I did pick up on was that this was launching low. My launch angle with it was between 8-10 every time. With that in mind I bet the 17 degree model might be a winner for me. I really dug the looks of it at address, thought it was very appealing. It also felt fairly solid to me. I wish I had more time to take more swings.

I did score some balls and was told that there were 40 people waiting outside last night before the doors opened. They were stunned with how many people showed up.

Like TBT I went to GG at lunch and took some swings with the RBZ 3w. I can't say that I was blown away with the numbers that I saw, but I didn't have my current 3w there to match them up. One thing I did pick up on was that this was launching low. My launch angle with it was between 8-10 every time. With that in mind I bet the 17 degree model might be a winner for me. I really dug the looks of it at address, thought it was very appealing. It also felt fairly solid to me. I wish I had more time to take more swings.

I did score some balls and was told that there were 40 people waiting outside last night before the doors opened. They were stunned with how many people showed up.

We must have similar swings. No offense, intended.

I was hitting the 3W really low too...about 11-13* which is low for me.....I dunno maybe a more penetrating ball flight??

And oh yeah, I did score a dozen Rocketballz balls.....that kinda sounds redundant doesn't it :laughing:

saw the same thing huh?

Yeah, I posted it above. Very low trajectory with both stiff and regular flex shafts. Several shots with 8 or 9 degree launch angles....but they were rolling out well past the average shots I hit with my Titleist.

Back