Adams Speedline LP Fairway woods

thebread

professional lurker
Reaction score
Handicap
FIR
i tried searching for any threads on these clubs but with no luck...if there is a thread already please let me know.

anyone hit these or bag these? are they similar to the F11?

I hit both and the results were night and day! I loved the look of the LP, but the F11 gave drastically higher ball speeds and better launch angle. To me, they are geared for two totally different types of golfers. The F11 is certainly better for me personally but I still think the LP could be great for a lot of people.

I thought the LP was very easy to hit off of the deck. It didn't give me the same results off of the tee. I thought both were very forgiving. But the LP just wasn't enough of a driver alternative for me.

thanks for the input guys

looks like ill try both out side by side
i bag the Fast 10 now and to be honest it sounds like the LP plays similar to what you described blugold...a dream off the deck but short off the tee
im greedy and want something long and forgiving off the tee and easy off the deck

Don't forget about the Fast 12! I'm looking forward to hearing people's opinions on that one!

I tried the Adams line of fairway woods and was very impressed. The LP was preferred as I have a steep swing and have a hard time elevating fairway woods. I put this up against the Cleveland Black in 16* and the 15* LP had a much better ball flight and significantly tighter dispersion. I really badly wanted to prefer the CG but once again Adams surprised me.

I hit the Speedline LP very well off the deck...cant say that for any of the other FWs I have tried. Off the tee it pulls a tiny bit left for me but the distance is just where I want it to be. I did notice you have to tee it low...once I tried that it was all good!

I've finally put a little more time into this FW and am starting to see very good results. It had been awhile since I'd swung a 3W, so it took some getting used to. I've found that off the tee this club has the ability to really elevate the ball and when teed low has a nice piercing flight (I was averaging right around 230-240). Off the deck is still a little bit of a struggle personally but I was getting it out there about 210-220. I'm no long hitter and this fits perfectly between my driver and my hybrid. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's round as it is a long links course, hoping the LP helps me into some scoring positions on the longer par 5s.

In my pursuit to replace my 3w, I'm anxious to take this head to head with the RBZ.

In my pursuit to replace my 3w, I'm anxious to take this head to head with the RBZ.

From the few swings I have had, the Fast 12 blows the RBZ away. But again, I am a homer.

From the few swings I have had, the Fast 12 blows the RBZ away. But again, I am a homer.

It certainly didnt for me today. I wish it did, because I prefer the gray to the white, but it was not even close.

It certainly didnt for me today. I wish it did, because I prefer the gray to the white, but it was not even close.

interesting. I don't know if this is the thread to ask this question, but why do you think there is that difference? Could the differences in our swings make that much of a difference between our results?

interesting. I don't know if this is the thread to ask this question, but why do you think there is that difference? Could the differences in our swings make that much of a difference between our results?

Absolutely they could. It could also be actual distance vs perceived distance. (Measured with monitor or GPS) rather than simulator or eyeball on range.

Absolutely they could. It could also be actual distance vs perceived distance. (Measured with monitor or GPS) rather than simulator or eyeball on range.

I remember hitting the Fast12 and the RBZ 3woods in a simulator. It wasn't just eyeball testing. I was objective. It may also be that I just wanted the Adams to be better so I swung it better. That is not being objective.

I remember hitting the Fast12 and the RBZ 3woods in a simulator. It wasn't just eyeball testing. I was objective. It may also be that I just wanted the Adams to be better so I swung it better. That is not being objective.

Check my post again. I said eyeball OR simulator. Meaning that the simulator is a controlled environment and not always as the same as hitting it outdoors with a launch monitor or GPS to measure it. There is no deviation in lies and it does not always measure thick or thin well. It could also be the shaft. If the shaft fit you, it will play better than another one that wont obviously.

For me today measured with the GPS there was no question which one went further. You can read the results in the actual thread with the live clubtest feedback.

How do you like the F12 Driver?

How do you like the F12 Driver?

Love it a lot. Better numbers than I have ever gotten. Blew the R11s, RBZ, and the VR_S out of the water.

Love it a lot. Better numbers than I have ever gotten. Blew the R11s, RBZ, and the VR_S out of the water.

Jeez, that's saying something. I know several people who swing the F11, but don't know anyone who swings the F12. I'll have to give that a go when I try out the FW.

Put my LP into play for the first time yesterday. Really starting to come around on this club. Used it on a 230 yard par 3 and the ball started out on a line to the flag. Got up on the green and was happy to see my ball pin high 5 feet left! The club has a very muted feel but really does let you know when you hit the sweet spot.

Put my LP into play for the first time yesterday. Really starting to come around on this club. Used it on a 230 yard par 3 and the ball started out on a line to the flag. Got up on the green and was happy to see my ball pin high 5 feet left! The club has a very muted feel but really does let you know when you hit the sweet spot.

That's what I'm talking about! I'm so looking forward to testing this tomorrow.

Well I purchased the LP 3+ wood.
I have a handful of range sessions and 3 rounds in so far with it and I'm digging it. This club suits my swing well and is great off the deck. I rarely (maybe 1 hole at my home course) tee off with my three wood, so my main goal with my 3 wood is something i can use off the deck. I didnt purchase this as a driver replacer. So far the results Ive had with this club have been awesome. I get good distance usually around 225ish on a clean strike(thats a great distance for me...im not the average internet golfer that hits his 3 wood 280 yds). On something out more toward the toe or some other sloppy miss it will usually get me out around 180 or so...so there is a bit of forgiveness. The size of the head makes it almost hybrid like so even using it in less then ideal lies doesnt slow it down. Yesterday I hit one of the longest second shots on a par 5 ive ever hit and it was from the second cut. I get a nice ballflight with this, all though im not sure if its the shaft or the loft as ive never played a 13* 3 wood. The main drawback is adjusting to hitting this off the tee. It took me a handfull of buckets to dial it in and im still not confident enough to tee it off in play yet.

Sorry for getting off topic but this just irks me!!! If you have to nut the second longest club in your bag to reach a hole it shouldn't be a par 3!!! Heck, I hit a fairly long ball (a little above average) and I'd come up short on that hole with the 3W if there was a good wind in my face!!!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Back