What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the winter I've been playing the Wilson Zip. A nice winter ball, very inexpensive, and even spins.

B330-RXS Used it on two par 3's and both times it landed and stopped and one par 5, it flew straight and left me only 177 out. So far I like it for my swing. I will know more about it next round.

titleist prov1
i hit it like crap so i didnt notice any performance plus or minus
but that ball was money off my putter today
Love reading about your rounds Russ....you always put a smile on my face with those comments. You can golf with me anytime....:D

The firont 9 I played with a Penta, then switched to a callaway I tour on the back. The Penta has been my ball since spring, so I wanted to start with that and switch mid round for comparison. The I tour was actually quite nice. Distance and control were very respectable.

nike 20xis
this ball goes pretty far off the tee but man it sounds like a rock
i dont mind the sound at all because the ball just goes

Yellow z star. Love the spin off the tee and around greens.

First 18 I played the 2010 B330-S. Solid ball, when I wasn't slicing the thing performed great for me. I can;t wait to compare it to the 2012 version!

Last 9 I played the Z-Star. No noticeable difference for me over the Pro-V1, although it was a bigger confidence booster. Great ball all around with great durability, better than ProV1.

Nike One Vapor. I ran across a dozen of these balls for $10 at a Pro Shop near me. I played 18 with them today, and I really liked the overall performance. They had plenty of distance, and seemed to preform pretty well around the greens.

Played my last round with the yellow Srixon Q Star. I loved it off the tee, but I couldn't get it to stop on a green to save my life. I must have rolled through 8 greens. Admittedly it may have been user error, as I wasn't having my best ball striking day. Later in the round I figured out I had to really accelerate through the ball to get it to spin. Normally the balls I play are either softer or spin easier. I'm still searching for a regular golf ball though.

Played the front 9 today with a 330-RX. I have fallen out of love with this ball. I never liked it around the greens, but today I wan't getting much spin on my approach shots, either. The greens were pretty firm, but I was seeing well struck 7 and 8 irons roll forward more than 10 feet. I also wasn't getting the distance off the tee that first attracted me to this ball.

Back 9 I switched to a Callaway Tour i(s) that I had left over from the summer. Hit it every bit as far off the tee, and really happy with the action I got around the greens. I'm really looking forward to trying the new Callaway balls when they come out.

Bridgestone e6. holy s*** i think im in love it cut through the wind like a knife i played it really straight it gave me great feel off my of the clubs it checked up when i needed it rolled out when i wanted it to and got back spin when i wanted. but the most importand to me is the feel off the putter and it left me stunned. im so pissed i havent been playing this ball. they are really good priced too:blob:

Bridgestone e6. holy s*** i think im in love it cut through the wind like a knife i played it really straight it gave me great feel off my of the clubs it checked up when i needed it rolled out when i wanted it to and got back spin when i wanted. but the most importand to me is the feel off the putter and it left me stunned. im so pissed i havent been playing this ball. they are really good priced too:blob:
Great ball for an excellent price. I think I said the same thing when I found it and started gaming it regularly. The e-series balls by Bridgestone are all great, I love the e6 though, especially in optic yellow.

played a nike mojo and it actually lasted the whole round
i really dont like the ball performance wise but it didnt wanna go swimming or lumberjacking

I played the Bridgestone B330. I have played the E6 for awhile and recently changed to the 330. I love it

Bridgestone B330-RX. Loved it and first time I've played a whole round with the same ball.

I played the RBZ ball for 9 holes on Saturday. It was cold, wet and very much not the usual conditions that I require to lace up my golf shoes. But this is Kmac and not OEM Kevin and I have Adidas Clima warm golf boots. So I went out and played the new TM ball. It goes pretty far, its durable and reacts how Id expect from a not so premium ball. Something I could get used to for sure but would not choose to play over a B300 RX though. Still a very good ball.

Bridgestone B330-RX. Loved it and first time I've played a whole round with the same ball.

I did the same today and was very much liking the length an control off the tee and the spin around the green

I used the e5 for my last round and loved it.

Felt good on the putter, just like a pro v1 or a penta and had no problems with it anywhere else either.

Typically my ball of choice is the Bridgestone e6 and sometimes the e5.

My last round I played cheap Intech Limbo ultra soft balls. Wow, could I smash them. I went and bought another two boxes. They are so cheap and I didn't scuff them up...and if they find water it's no big deal.

Played the e6 and penta yesterday. First nine I was spinning the penta too much off the driver so I switched to the e6 back nine I was killing my drives and switched back to the penta and smoked a drive about 270 yards dead straight. Like both these balls a lot but when I'm getting the penta to do what I want I love that ball.

Played the e6 and penta yesterday. First nine I was spinning the penta too much off the driver so I switched to the e6 back nine I was killing my drives and switched back to the penta and smoked a drive about 270 yards dead straight. Like both these balls a lot but when I'm getting the penta to do what I want I love that ball.

Exact same balls I played over the weekend!!

Traded some ProV1's to my buddy for some Nike 20XIs balls. He didn't like the Nike's and I didn't like the ProV1's.

Played a round yesterday and both of us are happy now. Really liked that ball!!

Am I the only person that finds the e6 horrible to look at? Those dimples!! It's probably the right ball for me but I can't get my head round how horrid it is to look at and touch!

Nike Vapor, loving that ball....shame I've now lost the lot

I played 36 hole yesterday. The first 18 I used the Srixon Q-Star Pure White balls. Distance was ok. The greens were not holding anything, so it was hard to tell how they really play around the green. They felt pretty good off the putter, but my wedge was tearing these things up. I was having to switch out balls every 2-3 holes. Durability was the main problem with these. I thought that was strange because one of the reviews I have read on these balls in the past pointed out how durable they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back