TaylorMade RBZ Irons Review - Forum Testing

I ordered the AW/SW/LW. I look forward to having the versatility the ATV provides.

I just got back from playing 18 in the rain and I have people over for the Superbowl so I'll do a more thorough write-up later, but I will say one thing right now. I freakin LOVE these irons. LOVE.

I just got back from playing 18 in the rain and I have people over for the Superbowl so I'll do a more thorough write-up later, but I will say one thing right now. I freakin LOVE these irons. LOVE.

I hear ya buddy :clapp:.

Interested to hear your thoughts man!

Great reviews so far guys absolutely awesome stuff! OG I like the way your going about your review its definitely a different spin on testing. Mward nice videos man, keep it up.

Dudes,
I have been reading this thread for over an hour. Love the feedback, pics, and vids. You guys rock!
This is the year I buy new sticks and these are the top of the list.

Thank you

Dudes,
I have been reading this thread for over an hour. Love the feedback, pics, and vids. You guys rock!
This is the year I buy new sticks and these are the top of the list.

Thank you

Hey buddy I see you are gaming the r7 irons. I switched from the r7 to these and they are awesome. I highly recommend them for their forgiveness, distance, and accuracy.

My RBZ irons are scheduled to come in on Wednesday, and I was just wondering where would be the best place to take them to have a custom shaft length and lie angle done? I'm shorter than most and know that I'll need to have the shafts shortened and lie reduced. Thanks to anyone who can help!

My RBZ irons are scheduled to come in on Wednesday, and I was just wondering where would be the best place to take them to have a custom shaft length and lie angle done? I'm shorter than most and know that I'll need to have the shafts shortened and lie reduced. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Most of your big name brand stores can do it. Also you can go to Taylormade.com and there should be a link to search for people in your area that can fit. I'm sure there are plenty of local guys too.

Most of your big name brand stores can do it. Also you can go to Taylormade.com and there should be a link to search for people in your area that can fit. I'm sure there are plenty of local guys too.

Awesome, I appreciate it.

Yessir! Hop in and let us know your thoughts when you get em.

Will do. I'll try to take a few videos if possible and let everyone know my first opinions.

I'm kinda surprised you didn't have any of that done prior to buying them? I mean it works either way but it might have saved you a few bucks to have them made to your specs on the order.

I'm kinda surprised you didn't have any of that done prior to buying them? I mean it works either way but it might have saved you a few bucks to have them made to your specs on the order.

I had planned on going to get fitted and then ordering them. But my parents knew I needed some new irons and that I wanted these, so they went ahead and got them as an early birthday gift. I mean so I can't really complain lol. So now I just need to find the best place regarding price and service.

I had planned on going to get fitted and then ordering them. But my parents knew I needed some new irons and that I wanted these, so they went ahead and got them as an early birthday gift. I mean so I can't really complain lol. So now I just need to find the best place regarding price and service.

Gotcha. Like others said, you can just take them to any big box store and they'll be able to take care of you.

Gotcha. Like others said, you can just take them to any big box store and they'll be able to take care of you.

Excellent, thanks man.

Your tune sure has changed since Friday, OG. Guess we worked out a kink on that range, huh?

Yep the range session corrected a problem area for sure and one of them was directly related to a minor tweak with my grip. As the testing continues and we become more familiar with this product, we (testers) will be able to expose more of the positives and negatives. The big minus for me to date, has been with the grips, which have been rough on my hands. I ordered some new mid size grips that will eliminate that issue and give me a better opportunity to test these within my comfort zone.

Today I am playing with DawgDaddy. He will get a chance to give these a whirl and give the forum his take on the RBZ irons :thumb:

Great reviews so far guys absolutely awesome stuff! OG I like the way your going about your review its definitely a different spin on testing. Mward nice videos man, keep it up.

Thanks golfinFF. I am becoming familar with these irons by putting my focus on how each group performs. I like breaking down the irons into segments and focusing on each group for this testing. Long irons, mid irons, and short irons. Hopefully by doing this, it will help the consumers, who are interested in one or all of these segments, to get their questions or concerns addressed. I will add more videos to compliment these groups of irons and how each perform for me.

Great Review Nate! Looking forward to our round tomorrow! I will be the only one in the group who is not an official THP product tester. Maybe that will change one day...

Welcome to the golf ball testing, your status changed pretty quickly. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Ok guys, I played 18 with these yesterday and the conditions were less than ideal. It rained at least part of the day for the last 3 days where I played so the course was pretty soaked. While I was playing it rained pretty hard on 8/18 holes. Because of the rain I don't have pics or video.....

It's only the 2nd time I've been to the course I played and the 1st time out there (2 weeks ago) I shot an 88 in perfect weather conditions. My first time out in the rain on the rain soaked course with the RBZ's I shot an 86, and if I would've putted halfway decent it would've been about an 80. I don't have yardages for the irons because I was playing 3/4 shots all day due to the course being soaked. Not one time did any of the irons dig behind the ball in the mud. I really focused on ball first contact yesterday and with the help of these irons it was almost like I was playing in ideal conditions. The irons (even the bulky 4 and 5-irons) cut through the turf with ease after striking the ball. I only had to intentionally hit a draw 1 time from being in the trees, but it worked and worked very well. I was able to punch out with the 4-iron from 160 and run it all the way onto the green. The ball stayed low and did exactly what I needed it to do. The ball flight with these was still a very penetrating flight with the exception of the pitching and gap-wedges. Like others have said already the gap-wedge is extremely accurate and just fun to hit. I still don't see any difference in the sole, but it just flat-out performs. I found myself pulling it out of the bag anytime from about 120 and in with no bad shots. I don't remember ever having a day with my irons that every shot stayed on my intended line until yesterday. Once I get my distances dialed in with these it's going to be incredible! I'll get these out at least once this week again, and I'm hoping twice. There's no rain in the forecast for 4 or 5 days so I'll be able to get pics/video and accurate distances with the GPS on full shots.

Awesome writeup, Sooner. Glad these guys are working so well, even with 3/4 shots! You'll be dialed in very quickly and those scores will drop. Good stuff.

Ok guys, I played 18 with these yesterday and the conditions were less than ideal. It rained at least part of the day for the last 3 days where I played so the course was pretty soaked. While I was playing it rained pretty hard on 8/18 holes. Because of the rain I don't have pics or video.....

It's only the 2nd time I've been to the course I played and the 1st time out there (2 weeks ago) I shot an 88 in perfect weather conditions. My first time out in the rain on the rain soaked course with the RBZ's I shot an 86, and if I would've putted halfway decent it would've been about an 80. I don't have yardages for the irons because I was playing 3/4 shots all day due to the course being soaked. Not one time did any of the irons dig behind the ball in the mud. I really focused on ball first contact yesterday and with the help of these irons it was almost like I was playing in ideal conditions. The irons (even the bulky 4 and 5-irons) cut through the turf with ease after striking the ball. I only had to intentionally hit a draw 1 time from being in the trees, but it worked and worked very well. I was able to punch out with the 4-iron from 160 and run it all the way onto the green. The ball stayed low and did exactly what I needed it to do. The ball flight with these was still a very penetrating flight with the exception of the pitching and gap-wedges. Like others have said already the gap-wedge is extremely accurate and just fun to hit. I still don't see any difference in the sole, but it just flat-out performs. I found myself pulling it out of the bag anytime from about 120 and in with no bad shots. I don't remember ever having a day with my irons that every shot stayed on my intended line until yesterday. Once I get my distances dialed in with these it's going to be incredible! I'll get these out at least once this week again, and I'm hoping twice. There's no rain in the forecast for 4 or 5 days so I'll be able to get pics/video and accurate distances with the GPS on full shots.

If they work well in the rain and mud that will sell a ton of these puppies :D! Good work partner :clapp:

Yep the range session corrected a problem area for sure and one of them was directly related to a minor tweak with my grip. As the testing continues and we become more familiar with this product, we (testers) will be able to expose more of the positives and negatives. The big minus for me to date, has been with the grips, which have been rough on my hands. I ordered some new mid size grips that will eliminate that issue and give me a better opportunity to test these within my comfort zone.

Today I am playing with DawgDaddy. He will get a chance to give these a whirl and give the forum his take on the RBZ irons :thumb:

Looking forward to hitting a few RocketBallZ today. Should be a lot of fun.

Just caught up on the thread again, enjoyed the reviews by Nate and Sooner, this is a great testing group and I appreciate the work you guys are putting in. Keep up the good work.

Back