Golf Ball Hunting

Just curious, how do you know which courses are struggling JB?

I know of some in my area that have gone bankrupt, but I also know of several in my area that have pulled in a ton of profit over the past few years (enough to do big financial improvements per year).

There are industry reports we get based on geography. While many courses keep the information private (equity owned), based on geography reports, and invitation numbers, its not hard to even figure those out.

There are industry reports we get based on geography. While many courses keep the information private (equity owned), based on geography reports, and invitation numbers, its not hard to even figure those out.

Ah understood.

The course is in fact private property. So while the ball itself might be in question, using the private property to hunt for balls as a goal to make a personal profit is something I would be in question of.

What if it were a state course?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Who loses golf balls? I sure don't.

There are courses around here really struggling, and some just booming. Country clubs around here don't actually sell them themselves so if you are respectful they will allow you to do it. MH has the biggest pro shop in WM and they do sell the balls they get but not very successfully.

Are you asking how to tell if they are struggling if they are a state course?
Then point to a state on a map and there is your answer. Yes...hehe

Kaufman is the public one that the county owns that allows everyone to hunt.

And TC, that's funny! But golf would not be golf if people never lose balls

There are courses around here really struggling, and some just booming. Country clubs around here don't actually sell them themselves so if you are respectful they will allow you to do it. MH has the biggest pro shop in WM and they do sell the balls they get but not very successfully.

I dont really know any courses that do sell them themselves personally, but many many many courses contract that work out to services that then recycle (online stores) and get paid handsomely for it.

Are you asking how to tell if they are struggling if they are a state course?
Then point to a state on a map and there is your answer. Yes...hehe

As usual I was late to the convo. I meant about prosecuting

I dont really know any courses that do sell them themselves personally, but many many many courses contract that work out to services that then recycle (online stores) and get paid handsomely for it.

That answers my question as to where those sites get all their balls from. Railside had this done last summer and had 30,000 balls taken out. I probably got 500-600 total this whole summer. I'm sure other courses do it too, I will ask next time I'm there.

As usual I was late to the convo. I meant about prosecuting

It would depend on the course. For instance a municipal in this area actually had two kids (18 and 20 years old) arrested just last year for grabbing golf balls. Apparently it turned out they had been doing it at night for years and had to do community service and make restitution in the amount of several thousand dollars.

I predict that this thread will get wildly off course and out of control before the night is over.

Who loses golf balls? I sure don't.

I wish I could say that!
I lose a few balls here and there, would be happier losing none.

I have so many other things in life I'd rather do than hunt golf balls. I only play Bridgestone's.

It would depend on the course. For instance a municipal in this area actually had two kids (18 and 20 years old) arrested just last year for grabbing golf balls. Apparently it turned out they had been doing it at night for years and had to do community service and make restitution in the amount of several thousand dollars.

Wow... Those kids must not be in shape if they couldn't outrun the cops!

Wow... Those kids must not be in shape if they couldn't outrun the cops!

Umm okay. If that is your plan, I suggest you rethink this mastermind get rich quick scheme. :act-up:

Nothing like adding another crime to something like this.

I have so many other things in life I'd rather do than hunt golf balls. I only play Bridgestone's.

And I only find ProV's when I happen to look. What does that say? haha

Yikes! Thank God I was way too interested inpartying in my youth

I have so many other things in life I'd rather do than hunt golf balls. I only play Q stars.

Small FIFY big fella

Can golf balls get " water damage " ??

i never look for golf balls. i just want to find mine and hit it and keep playing.... whenever i do come across one its never anything i normally play. I never really knew courses would get paid by someone to hunt for golfballs but i guess it makes sense. I'd rather drink at the bar after my round.

i never look for golf balls. i just want to find mine and hit it and keep playing.... whenever i do come across one its never anything i normally play. I never really knew courses would get paid by someone to hunt for golfballs but i guess it makes sense. I'd rather drink at the bar after my round.
I would do it if I had the equipment, as a side income. No doubt.

My buddy is a recreational diver and teaches at a local dive school. He has all the gear and stuff, but has never got an 'in' to let a course let him on and prospect.

Of course, from the sounds of half the people on this thread. You don't need permission :p

I never go out of my way to pick up balls but if I see one while looking for my ball or a playing partners ball I'll generally pick them up. Even if it's not something that I generally use I figure that when I'm at the range if my last shot sucked I can use one of the ones I picked up and never game.

Umm okay. If that is your plan, I suggest you rethink this mastermind get rich quick scheme. :act-up:

Nothing like adding another crime to something like this.

I'm not planning on running from any police men... I have permission!

Back