Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess my pondering is done for now. Manned up and bought the Mashie 3W and hybrid. Gonna go driverless for a bit while my swing is a work in progress. Next driver I get will probably have to be cut down.

Man Ive been in the same boat. Really been struggling with the driver so I started the lessons a few weeks back. And then I found that TM SuperTri driver at GG for $75 which I had cut down to 44". I havent really had much practice time with it but I have played 3 times now. Saturday I played 9 and only missed 2 FW's with it and both were just off in the first cut. Distance was pretty short, in the 230 ish range but it was also cold and wet. I just dropped off a Matrix Radix shaft to have the TM adapter put on and Im going to see what difference the shaft + 45" makes for my distance and accuracy. This course Sunday is tight and lined with woods so keeping it in play is huge or you lose a bunch of balls. I lost none. So a shorter shaft can definitely help and is a solid ponder.

I am pondering a belly putter. No reason really, I just want to give one a try. I am thinking Odyssey, SeeMore, or Betti. Also, I have been watching a few standard length Betti's on the bay. I WILL get a new putter, just not sure what or when.

I ponder some easier to use fairway and hybrids, potentially even a driver. I love what I have and they perform but if I'm slightly off / haven't played in awhile / want to talk smack with my buddies and concerntrate less on the game, it leads to so ho hum rounds. I think I'd rather shoot 5 strokes higher and have fun with the guys then 5 less and be no fun nelly.

I'm starting to think concentration level should be part of fittings, at least for me.

The 3wood is at the doctor's gett a Grafalloy put into it.

After sometime at a sim today, I am thinking about some shafts in my irons to lower the ball flight. I thought that I was getting some balloon action. Not a lot carry. Average carry with my 8i was 159. Avergae distance was 156. So that was nice.

The 3wood is at the doctor's gett a Grafalloy put into it.

After sometime at a sim today, I am thinking about some shafts in my irons to lower the ball flight. I thought that I was getting some balloon action. Not a lot carry. Average carry was 159. Avergae distance was 156. So that was nice.

What club was that with?

I ponder some easier to use fairway and hybrids, potentially even a driver. I love what I have and they perform but if I'm slightly off / haven't played in awhile / want to talk smack with my buddies and concerntrate less on the game, it leads to so ho hum rounds. I think I'd rather shoot 5 strokes higher and have fun with the guys then 5 less and be no fun nelly.

I'm starting to think concentration level should be part of fittings, at least for me.

Dude, I've got the Razr hybrid and frapping love it! I don't know why, but I hit it awesome all the time. Nice sound too. I have a PX 7.0 shaft in it which is nice. A little higher launching than I prefer but it's super dependable.

Man Ive been in the same boat. Really been struggling with the driver so I started the lessons a few weeks back. And then I found that TM SuperTri driver at GG for $75 which I had cut down to 44". I havent really had much practice time with it but I have played 3 times now. Saturday I played 9 and only missed 2 FW's with it and both were just off in the first cut. Distance was pretty short, in the 230 ish range but it was also cold and wet. I just dropped off a Matrix Radix shaft to have the TM adapter put on and Im going to see what difference the shaft + 45" makes for my distance and accuracy. This course Sunday is tight and lined with woods so keeping it in play is huge or you lose a bunch of balls. I lost none. So a shorter shaft can definitely help and is a solid ponder.

Did you add some weight to the clubhead after shortening the shaft? I've added 6 grams of lead tape to my G15 after having it cut down to 44". That brings the swing weight to about C9 from C6 (unmodified club is D3). Eager to get to the range to see the ball flight. I could add more weight but that might soften the flex too much.

Surprised to see TC no longer has the R11 irons. Testing the Ci11s?

Did you add some weight to the clubhead after shortening the shaft? I've added 6 grams of lead tape to my G15 after having it cut down to 44". That brings the swing weight to about C9 from C6 (unmodified club is D3). Eager to get to the range to see the ball flight. I could add more weight but that might soften the flex too much.

No I didnt. I dont really worry about the swing weight too much. It is pretty light though.

Flat out purchased them. He's a secret Wilson staff homer

Nah, not testing Ci11's man, just flat out wanted them. See, I've been wanting Ci9's for like 2 years and i just never pulled the trigger. I'm a terrible equipment purchaser. But the Ci11's have been on my radar and I was given a deal I felt like i couldn't pass up. The R11's aren't going anywhere though :clapp:

And FLTC ends the longest hawkponder known to THP with the Ci11 purchase.

Dude, I've got the Razr hybrid and frapping love it! I don't know why, but I hit it awesome all the time. Nice sound too. I have a PX 7.0 shaft in it which is nice. A little higher launching than I prefer but it's super dependable.

Standard rather then the Tour version correct? Along with that I'm thinking the A12 or even a RBZ, though I'm not sure I want to wait the time for TM to stick something like a VTS in here.

TC is a Guys guy. I love the looks of the Ci11's

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

He pondered the ci9 for so long Wilson staff decided to sweeten the pot with the ci11

LOL, so true!

Standard rather then the Tour version correct? Along with that I'm thinking the A12 or even a RBZ, though I'm not sure I want to wait the time for TM to stick something like a VTS in here.

Dude, the new Wilson Fybrid RS come with a VTS as a stock option. And no, I have the standard Razr Hybrid. It's legit.

He pondered the ci9 for so long Wilson staff decided to sweeten the pot with the ci11

LMAO! You guys are funny.

LOL he hawkpondered into a whole new release, ci11's!! Now that is epic!

Should have called them TCi11s !

LOL he hawkpondered into a whole new release, ci11's!! Now that is epic!

I wish I was more like you dude. Sadly, I am not.

Should have called them TCi11s !

I like it! TCi11's and 588 wedges w/ TC shafts. I'm an industry baby!

Dude, the new Wilson Fybrid RS come with a VTS as a stock option. And no, I have the standard Razr Hybrid. It's legit.

Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can get one up here to demo.

Have I raved about the VTS shafts recently? If not, I need to. Excellent, excellent shaft at a wicked price point for a after market option. I haven't done much golf stuff in the past two/three months but I did manage to finish my matrix testing and have a go with the Attas T2/T3 and VTS shafts. UST has a nice line this year.

Nice job with the RUL review as well. Did you ever have a chance to hit a Code? My guy there won't confirm nor deny it, but I'm fairly sure the RUL is their version of an updated Code with ASM added.

Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can get one up here to demo.

Have I raved about the VTS shafts recently? If not, I need to. Excellent, excellent shaft at a wicked price point for a after market option. I haven't done much golf stuff in the past two/three months but I did manage to finish my matrix testing and have a go with the Attas T2/T3 and VTS shafts. UST has a nice line this year.

Nice job with the RUL review as well. Did you ever have a chance to hit a Code? My guy there won't confirm nor deny it, but I'm fairly sure the RUL is their version of an updated Code with ASM added.

I have not hit the Code, and thanks for reading the review. I thoroughly enjoyed the RUL. UST does have some wicked shafts. Have you seen the VTS video from the PGA Show? Pretty cool stuff. Seems like they are really pushing a fitting towards torque, which I'm completely ignorant on. It's a wicked looking shaft too! That's always a selling point to me.

Have you seen the VTS video from the PGA Show? Pretty cool stuff. Seems like they are really pushing a fitting towards torque, which I'm completely ignorant on. It's a wicked looking shaft too! That's always a selling point to me.

No I haven't.
Now I need to go find that thread

I am pondering a belly putter. No reason really, I just want to give one a try. I am thinking Odyssey, SeeMore, or Betti. Also, I have been watching a few standard length Betti's on the bay. I WILL get a new putter, just not sure what or when.

Look at the chest length putter's also if you are into the belly's. I hadn't tried one until today and was making 75% from 10 feet indoors. It was an unreal feel and stupid easy to get it going back and through on a straight path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back