Official 2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

I know many of you don't like to acknowledge my #1 Wildcats...but yesterday's 1st half was about the most dominating half against a SEC opponent I've seen in a long time. Granted, SC isn't a powerhouse team... Terrance Jones and Anthony Davis out scored the entire Gamecocks team at the end of the half...

Congrats to Davis who breaks Shaq's SEC freshman blocks record. Davis (by himself) ranks 38th vs Division 1 schools (as teams) in blocks this season (before the SC game).

Mizzou-Kansas. What a game last night. Definitely good to see a win in the last border war game that will be played in Columbia.

Big game for Pitt this afternoon. Have to win the home games.

Steel Tappin'

And Pitt wins again. 4 straight.

Woodall sets a career high with 29 points. Made it closer than it should've been but it's another W.

Staying alive.

Steel Tappin'

Last edited:
And Pitt wins again. 4 straight.

Woodall sets a career high with 29 points. Made it closer than it should've been but it's another W.

Staying alive.

Steel Tappin'

yessir! big win for Pitt today!

Duke and Miami going to overtime in Cameron on ESPNU. Duke played like hot garbage in the first half and trailed by 14 at halftime, staged a furious comeback to get the game into overtime. Austin Rivers has carried Duke on offense, but Duke has absolutely been killed by Miami's Reggie Johnson on the inside.

Duke loses to Miami 78-74 at home! Duke has to go to Chapel Hill on Wednesday night, Zeller and Henson have to be licking their chops as Duke's interior defense was awful tonight. Duke's team defense has been subpar all year, I still stand by my prediction that UNC puts 100 on Duke on Wednesday night.

Duke loses to Miami 78-74 at home! Duke has to go to Chapel Hill on Wednesday night, Zeller and Henson have to be licking their chops as Duke's interior defense was awful tonight. Duke's team defense has been subpar all year, I still stand by my prediction that UNC puts 100 on Duke on Wednesday night.

I wouldn't be surprised. They looked really, really, really bad on defense. If Zeller and Henson don't drop 40+ combined they're doing it wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised. They looked really, really, really bad on defense. If Zeller and Henson don't drop 40+ combined they're doing it wrong.

Also, their perimeter defense isn't great, Curry and Dawkins in particular are terrible. Marshall is going to be able to get into the lane all day and pass it to Zeller and Henson. I just don't see how Duke can stay within 10 points of UNC in the Dean Dome.

Shocker in Cameron! Go Canes!!! =)

- Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!

So nice to see Pitt turn around. Really shows how much time Trey put in this offseason. Had you told me last year he would be this important to our team, I would have laughed. He's a real talent.

I had such a blast in the Zoo against Nova!

So nice to see Pitt turn around. Really shows how much time Trey put in this offseason. Had you told me last year he would be this important to our team, I would have laughed. He's a real talent.

I had such a blast in the Zoo against Nova!

He's really playing at an All-American level right now. It's just fun to watch. He can create his own shot as well which is huge for this team.

Dude, the Zoo was rocking yesterday. Props.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Thank you! We do our best to keep it as intense as possible.

I've participated in the Zoo madness quite a few times - always an amazing time. Most memorable: the 3OT game against WVU a few years ago. Ridiculously fun and one of the best sporting events I've ever attended.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

My freshman year when Brad and Gary and those guys were still around was crazy. So many last second games!

UConn is imploding in Louisville right now. I'm enjoying this. It'll be fun to see UConn miss the tournament in the year after they won the entire thing.

UConn is imploding in Louisville right now. I'm enjoying this. It'll be fun to see UConn miss the tournament in the year after they won the entire thing.

Good call. Really enjoying seeing UConn suffer.

On another note, Tray Woodall was named the BE POTW after averaging over 26 points against WVU and Villanova.

And now Tray was named the national POTW.

Pitt is on fire. I hope they make the tourney.

I'll give 2Shoes' team some credit, Kentucky just demolished Florida in Rupp Arena. They have lots of offensive weapons, but they are even more impressive defensively, Anthony Davis is such a shot-blocking force on the inside. I'll be shocked if Kentucky doesn't at least make the Final Four, and they've got a great shot at winning the entire thing.

I'll give 2Shoes' team some credit, Kentucky just demolished Florida in Rupp Arena. They have lots of offensive weapons, but they are even more impressive defensively, Anthony Davis is such a shot-blocking force on the inside. I'll be shocked if Kentucky doesn't at least make the Final Four, and they've got a great shot at winning the entire thing.
Thanks Ary. I didn't get to catch the game last night other than updates via phone. UK should make the Final Four, unless they have the dreaded "Everybody's Off From Outside" night. I truly believe that UK's winning depends on the play from Terrance Jones (yep, I said it...) Anthony Davis can play the inside (more defensive end), but Jones MUST have a good game to keep a National Championship hope alive. UK has some pure shooters, but Kidd-Gilchirst, Jones, and Davis must put pressure in the middle to keep the defense honest.

BIG night of college basketball tonight: Georgetown plays Syracuse and Baylor plays Kansas at 7 PM (first game on ESPN, second game on ESPN2), and then some game involving teams in North Carolina happens at 9 PM. Oh yeah, it's only the greatest rivalry in college sports.

30 minutes to go time! I got a pestering phone call from one of my Duke fan buddies. I don't have a good feeling about tonight.

30 minutes to go time! I got a pestering phone call from one of my Duke fan buddies. I don't have a good feeling about tonight.

Enjoy the game TC!! I'm pretty sick and my team has a big game tomorrow, thus I need to go to bed. I hope it is epic!

Back