200 Years Ago Today

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
It's the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birthday. I'm no proponent of the great man theory of history, but he's the closest exception this country has produced. The Lincoln Memorial still gives me goosebumps. We were darn lucky to have him.

It's the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birthday. I'm no proponent of the great man theory of history, but he's the closest exception this country has produced. The Lincoln Memorial still gives me goosebumps. We were darn lucky to have him.

and all they gave him was the penny, damn shame! haha

:blob::blob::blob::blob:

True. I'm still trying to spend all these $500 bills I've got over flowing my wallet..

Everything above $100 ceased being printed in the 40's and was withdrawn from circulation in 1969.

There's no trillion dollar bill?

trillions.gif

Very interesting birthday factoids guys.

Everything above $100 ceased being printed in the 40's and was withdrawn from circulation in 1969.

How do you know I don't live in a really old house and while cleaning out the attic I didn't find a loose board and under it was a bunch of old bills? :roll: I wish that were true. I know they were pulled from circulation. My wife works in a bank and informed me of that right after she started. Hell prior to her working there I didn't know there really was anything higher than $100.

Back