Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

I know this is the 588 CB thread, but I'm very curious about this CG Black Tour driver that's in the bag! I'm wondering what is different from the standard CG Black 265 head.

ary... The Black Tour is sweet! The Black is 1* closed and the tour is not. They are also a slightly different shape. I hit it a few times and liked it. I also believe the Tour comes with a different shaft.

The pictures turned out nice, TH. That MB is dead sexy too.

The pictures turned out nice, TH. That MB is dead sexy too.

Thanks Hawk. The MB is an intimidating club, but awesome to look at. I wanted to hang it on my wall in my office. Late next week I will have some samples and be able to play with all of them without rushing. I also need to get my swing in order since it has been a couple months. As Freddie and JB mentioned, the high ball flight issues with the TT S300 and 588 CB could have been caused by scooping which would actually be encouraging, since I was getting good distance, and if I got back to compressing the ball I would get a bit more. The 588 CB is one sexy iron set, and they are more forgiving than I thought they would be. TC is gonna be deadly with them!

I think I'm more excited than JB about these being in his bag tomorrow.

Thanks Hawk. The MB is an intimidating club, but awesome to look at.

That's more club than i can handle but damn they look sweet!

I think I'm more excited than JB about these being in his bag tomorrow.

I'm glad he's taking them out. I'm expecting some good things.

Lasers. He's going to absolutely destroy golf course with them.

I'm excited to hear JB's thoughts on the 588's as well. He seemed to hit them well in the instant feedback thread.

Lasers. He's going to absolutely destroy golf course with them.

I'm thinking so as well. The best part is he'll likely be in the fairway on approaches since he's not taking that Speedline out.

I'm thinking so as well. The best part is he'll likely be in the fairway on approaches since he's not taking that Speedline out.

Bwuahahaha......silly not Cleveland Classic driver!

I love the laser milling on the face of these irons. I know it's mostly aesthetic and all, but it just adds something.

There aren't many clubs better looking than the 588 CB.

I got to hit these again today on a launch monitor this time. I spent most of my time with the Classic driver to dial that in, but wanted to get a feel for my numbers with the 588 cb 6 iron and S300 shaft (stock). Here they are (ranges of about 12 swings).
Ball speed. 123-128 mph
Launch angle. 21.1-23 degrees
Push/pull. 0.3 right-1.7 left
Left/right spin. 400 right-28 left
Total spin. 3800-5200
Carry distance. 175-186

I am very excited to be gaming these next month. The head is gorgeous, and the sound and feel is just as impressive. I am looking forward to getting these out on real grass so I can see how they perform in real golf situations.

Those are numbers that could certainly work well for anybody dude.

Yeah I'm happy with them hawk. The yardage is a little low, but the rest of the numbers are good. I'm going to have mine bent 1 or 2 degrees strong from the factory, so I will gain a little distance from that as well. I'm very impressed with these so far. I really want them out on the course on real grass though! :)

Whatever you are comfortable with for sure. My plan is strengthen them a couple degrees as well, though I almost think it's not totally necessary at this point. Regardless, my wedges were ordered on that assumption, so I'll start there at least.

Wow cool hawk. What lofts are your wedges? 50, 56, and 60? I'm excited for you!

I went 49,53,57 with the wedges. I keep a 4° gap pretty much from 5 iron up to the 57. I'm expecting some good things from these in terms of accuracy and the ball flight. Hoping to get the shaft figured out with my pro in the coming weeks. I have a set of DG S300's on the way for testing purpsose. I'm going to pop one or two in my irons right now to see how they work for me. My gut tells me I'll end up with KBS Tours, but I do want to give the stock option a fair shot as well.

S300's work well for me but I hate how they feel. I reckon I much prefer KBS' Hawk.

So tomahawk, did you order 588's?

The stock is solid. I was ballooning them last week, but I think I was scooping a bit. My launch numbers were much better today. I'm going with kbs tours though. I really fell comfy with them. I have 50, 54, and 58 wedges right now and will keep them or go custom 588 in the same lofts. I've been playing on my custom wedge and drooling a bit and pondering. Did you go custom? If so, may I ask what you did?

S300's work well for me but I hate how they feel. I reckon I much prefer KBS' Hawk.

So tomahawk, did you order 588's?
My order goes out Monday! 588 cb's with kbs tour custom white pearl shafts, white multi compounds with 3 extra wraps of tape. Cleveland classic 290 with c kua 43S shaft and a Cleveland cart bag (orange and white).

My order goes out Monday! 588 cb's with kbs tour custom white pearl shafts, white multi compounds with 3 extra wraps of tape. Cleveland classic 290 with c kua 43S shaft and a Cleveland cart bag (orange and white).

Wow! What a sick order. You deserve it pal. I simply cannot wait to see some pictures.

Holy crap.

Back