Tiger - mouth full of chew??

I too missed it, I would be surprised if he does chew or dip.

Maybe Tony gave some to Tiger to calm him down?

Hmmmm. I can't wait to see if this is true or not. One would assume Tiger would not chew during an event, especially the final round when he was supposed to be in contention.

I didn't notice anything from the pics of the round today. He does tend to make a crap load of odd faces though.
That could be gas as well. I spit a lot when I dip, he doesn't spit that much and he's always on camera. Plus I think this would have been a story long before now. Thousands of people follow his every move and no one has ever said a word.
My friends watched tiger and told me hes seen him chewing, and for a matter of fact i had a dip of Skoal Bandit in right meow :)

On a side-not i love watching Jason Dufner or how-ever you spell it, but he always has a huge lip full
your friend saw TW put a dip in his mouth? I would love to see that photo or hear about that.

I'll look for a picture, I've played enough baseball and softball to know what someone looks like with chew in their mouth....and Tiger definitely had something in his lip today. I'm hoping ESPN or Golf Channel will show highlights from today's event, specifically Tiger's chip in from the bunker because that's when I noticed it.

Golf Channel is showing the final right now...and they are on 9. Tiger's chip-in comes on the 12th hole, so only have to watch 3 holes to see what you think.

View attachment 3767

Hole 11... I'll post from hole 12 shortly. It appears he has chew in the right side of his mouth.

It looks like if anything he has a snus like pouch in his mouth, but it may be nothing at all. Kinda hard to tell in the picture. I think if he was rolling with full on dip in his mouth it would have become more noticable.

Sure that's not just gum?

I'll try to get video from hole 12....I remember it being pretty clear. I clipped a video from hole 11, but I can't load it because I'm like .25 mb over my remaining limit....go figure...

I think you busted him. Watching him slap hands after the chip in- there's something there. He was pushing it down with his tongue when he was walking up to get the ball out of the hole.

I just watched it and I agree, looks like he's got something in there. After he holes it when he goes and gets his ball then when he turns around. I think you're right.

He could just have a big old herpes/cold sore in his mouth.

Kevin

THere is definitely something there, nice catch Stevie.

If this is a new habit, he should stop. He was awful jittery today.

The first video does look like more of a snus pouch than straight dip, but it's definitely not just gum like I thought

I just re-watched it and recorded it off my TV. After he hit the bunker shoy it looked like his lip was stuffed full of something but just moments later they showed a close-up of him and he looked normal. Maybe he ditched the chaw real quick or maybe he was just clenching his mouth enough after the bunker shot to make ot look like his lip was stuffed. I never saw a dark spit. I'm an ex longtime dipper, I should know.... Video below with several replays of the 'lip shot'.

video:

THere is definitely something there, nice catch Stevie.

If this is a new habit, he should stop. He was awful jittery today.

The reason he would have put it in was because yes he was jittery, and it calms you down. Almost 95% of hockey players in the dressing room at high levels do before the game to relax the so called jitters.

Thanks OG. The more I watch it, the more I think he's just clenching his teeth. I saw a few other close-ups and he looked normal. I can make myself look almost like I have a lip packed if I clench my teeth. At least that's what I think. Who knows, maybe he is dipping.

Id love to see proof of that stat.
I would to, i bet it would be more actually. I played JR.B for 3 teams and in the BCHL for 2 and major midget for a season and won the RBC Cup in Victoria and almost every single player on each team did. ( And Cliff Ronnings/Dave Nonis were at my parents wedding and they said in the show everyone including trainers and coaches did)

And Chew can result in good feeling and relaxation due to depression of the muscles, and appetite supression. Emotional response to that -- being relaxed and calm. (giving a person a feeling of euphoria. This good feeling is related in the mind as relaxing.)

And don't worry i'm not saying its acceptable or good for you what so ever lol

Back