Callaway RAZR Fit Driver Technology

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP had a chance to speak with one of the creators of the RAZR Fit driver and discuss what makes it unique.

Great video and every time I read more info about this driver, the more I can't wait to put this beast in the bag.

Another awesome interview! I'm so pumped to hit this driver and it seems like it has easier adjustment settings than my previous R11.

More great info from the show. I think this would be the first driver I'd look at if I was a Cally staffer. May be my favorite looking driver I've seen so far in 2012.

Great interview. I hit this driver this weekend at a demo day. I absolutely pounded it. I felt like I could not miss this thing. I comapred it to my R11 TP. Head to head this thing out performed my R11, hands down. I was very intrigued.

The only thing that I found odd was that the stiff RIP shaft felt like swinging a board to me (very stiff). I was not able to get the ball up in the air with that shaft. When we switched to a regualr shaft I was killin' it. My R11 has a stiff shaft and I have a nice ball flight with that shaft (I have stiff shafts in all of my clubs and my normal driver swirng speed is 105-110). Regardless, I was killing this thing. I am very tempted to go out and buy one.

This is one of the drivers I plan to try out at Demo day, everything I have read about it has been very positive.

Another solid interview! I like how simply Callaway kept the adjustability, similar to the Z-Star. I think it is key to keep this simple for the average golfer.

The Morgan Cuppers along with all forum members have a solid offering to look forward to it appears! And having Phil destroy the field yesterday with this in the bag is always a big plus!

Great interview. I like the simplified approach to adjusting the driver...makes understanding every change possible for us little guys.

Damn my work for not allowing videos. Can't wait to watch this when I get home. I was on the fence with the Razr Hawk vs the Burner SF 2.0 so I am interested to see what the new technology brings.

the more and more I see from this driver the more I want to spend some time with it. I think its one of the better looking drivers they have produced

Callaway product always top end. Will sell well for sure. Get in line on demo day.

I'm looking forward to hitting the Razr Fit and X Black to be totally honest. Unfortunately the day after I left FL there was a demo day at the one course I played. That would have given me the chance to hit it. There is always the Toronto Golf Show coming up.

Alex

Loved the interview. The consistent theme mentioned was 'simplicity' which is spot on with using this club

Come on Demo Day hopefully there will be plenty of Razr fit Clubs to hit. Buzzzz

So it's simple to use unlike other drivers....so did he just call us all stupid? :alien:

Phil seems to like it! Will for sure be a hit!

The Razr Hawk Tour and FT-9 Tour were great drivers. Hope this doesn't dissapoint.

Looking forward to trying it.

Anyone else hear the rumors of a Tour Authentic version?

The Razr Hawk Tour and FT-9 Tour were great drivers. Hope this doesn't dissapoint.

Looking forward to trying it.

Anyone else hear the rumors of a Tour Authentic version?

seen some images of it. Adds another layer of adjustability similar to the titleist drivers.

Callaway is late to the party.

yup, I mean they had iMix which was a cool idea, just didn't pan out. This driver seems to be pretty well thought out though. Interested to see how good it sells. I know when I was talking to people at GG the other night they were really looking forward to this.

Beside the fact that I am super excited to be a Cally staffer, this would be at the top of my list for drivers to try this year. The technology just sounds amazing, and it looks gorgeous. I'm sure its even sexier in person!

Great interview JB, can't wait to swing this driver! As a Callaway Staffer this is been my leading candidate for driver since day 1, I am really looking forward to hitting it and finding out what king of shaft options that we will be allowed.

The good thing is I will be going the the Callaway Performace Center in Austin to get fit for mine so they should have every option imaginable.

Great interview JB, can't wait to swing this driver! As a Callaway Staffer this is been my leading candidate for driver since day 1, I am really looking forward to hitting it and finding out what king of shaft options that we will be allowed.

The good thing is I will be going the the Callaway Performace Center in Austin to get fit for mine so they should have every option imaginable.

that's pretty darn cool. When are you going again?

Thanks TBT. Speaking with Dr. Hocknell about the driver, you can see how excited he was.

seen some images of it. Adds another layer of adjustability similar to the titleist drivers.

Really? Care to share? :)

Back