Taylormade XFT Wedge

That was actually a 910D complaint that we heard from some folks.

yup we heard that early on, also something about the screws were stripping or something like that.

Assuming it is true, I think it's lame as hell. You can't market something as being a money saver and then quit making the thing that makes it a money saver. Well, you can, but it's lame. It's just as bad as selling an adjustable driver and recommending people not adjust it themselves.

Again, I'm not beating up on these wedges. I game them. But I'm not a huge fan of the feel and I think some of you are missing my point on the overall concept.

I like analogies. So, what if I came up with a tire. This tire has a detachable tread wrap. When your tires wear down, just replace the tread wrap. Oh cool, I can essentially ride this tire, game this wedge, for years to come. Oh PS, 2 years later, we're not making the tread wrap anymore.

How is that not pointless? What sense does it make to promote a product based on longevity and then discontinue it?

I agree with both of you here. Noone is expecting them not to keep making product, but it's bogus if they have stopped making the faceplates. Regardless if its still on store shelves or Ebay. not that point. not that anyone expected 10 years of faceplates but basically the next wedge? I hate the fact that to some (not consumers or everyone in the company, just some) that marketing is just about selling. It's not, there has to be a belief behind your product. If not it eventually that catches up.

Like I said, if it's true. I have no clue and am just going along with the assumption.

B. Even if they stop making them and stop making new faces, I didn't spend any more on these than I would have on a Cleveland, etc. wedge that would wear down and need replacing, so am I really out anything? No, not really.

With all do respect, it doesn't matter what you as individual are out. It's the fact that the product was marketed as something you can use for a long time. Don't buy a new wedge, buy a faceplate and keep your wedge!

If I leave my R11 driver at stock anyway, it doesn't cost me anything that Joe bought an R11 adjustable driver that doesn't adjust. But it might not be fair to Joe, if he wanted to adjust his.

Edit: I have never heard of this happening to an R11. Just an example. To my knowledge, all R11 drivers are indeed adjustable. Fist bump with Taylormade, even though I'm not a fan of your wedges anymore.

yup we heard that early on, also something about the screws were stripping or something like that.

I just mean the consumer not adjusting it, not sure I'm misunderstanding your responses.

I'm thinking about picking up a 50 degree to go with my 56/60. I have some faceplates still that haven't been used. I've just always been pretty comfortable with this wedge.

I'm thinking about picking up a 50 degree to go with my 56/60. I have some faceplates still that haven't been used. I've just always been pretty comfortable with this wedge.

Excellent choise. I think my 50* xFT is the favorite amongst my wedges.

Excellent choise. I think my 50* xFT is the favorite amongst my wedges.

Agree 100%. My 50* has always been my go to club going in and around the green.

JB, if you read this, have you heard anything about the face plates? Is TM still going to make them for a few years?

I know this is the newer version, but would you know how different it would be from the TP xFT wedge, I was wondering why those wedges were so cheap at GG, now I see why.

I bought the 54 and 58 degree XFT wedges when they first came out and I have been very pleased with the performance they have given me.
My faceplates and grooves on both wedges still look great. No problems with these clubs whatsoever.
I will be on the lookout for the replacement faceplates in the near future since it looks like they may be discontinued according to this thread.

I play a 50, 54 and 58 xFT set of wedges with the KBS HiRev shafts and love the way the shafts respond. I know Lumpy's in the Palm Springs area has quite a few of both the Z and ZTX faceplates (I did pick up some spares when they were on sale after just getting the wedges). I may have to go downtown and get a few more if TM quits the manufacture.

I bought the 54 and 58 degree XFT wedges when they first came out and I have been very pleased with the performance they have given me.
My faceplates and grooves on both wedges still look great. No problems with these clubs whatsoever.
I will be on the lookout for the replacement faceplates in the near future since it looks like they may be discontinued according to this thread.

Just for the record, I think most of it is speculation thus far that started because they moved the wedges into the "previous models" section of their website. Not sure anyone has confirmed or denied these reports.

I have the 56 degree wedge and it has been nothing but a winner for me...can you still get the replacement face plates?

I have the 56 degree wedge and it has been nothing but a winner for me...can you still get the replacement face plates?

The general consensus is yes, but for how long is the question. Some strores do still have them.

Whats the best place to get inserrts right now? And a wrench?

I agree 100% I shoot with the 52 and 56 and I have no regrets here. Amazon still has them. :clapp:

Whats the best place to get inserrts right now? And a wrench?

The face on yours is near new. Amazon often will have deals on the Z inserts as well.

Tap before talk.

I hope they keep making faces for atleast a few more years. I love my xft 52* it's my most consistant club in the bag!

I'm going to buy a 54 and 58 this week, You can get them really cheap! And the local store said i could pick both up for 50 bones. So i can't really go wrong with that! Then next year ill get my ATV's or Scors but for that price!!

Lol, I know, but I like to plan ahead. It is absolutely beautiful by the way, thanks Adam.
The face on yours is near new. Amazon often will have deals on the Z inserts as well.

Tap before talk.

Anyone looking for an xFT wedge, I am selling my xFTs for $60 a piece. They have DG spinners in them. They are in really good condition. I can take
Get some pictures later. I have a 50, 54, and a 58

Anyone looking for an xFT wedge, I am selling my xFTs for $60 a piece. They have DG spinners in them. They are in really good condition. I can take
Get some pictures later. I have a 50, 54, and a 58

Which faces do you have in them? I have the same and love em. Lol

I have the ZTPs. They are the conforming faces. I just bought some SCOR wedges so I have no need of these anymore.

Back